Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Nanoman - Chris H Cooper

HOUR 3 C2C

GK: We're talking with Nano-man, Chris Cooper and filmmaker Jeremy Corbell, about advanced propulsion systems, the possibility of interstellar travel and some of these topics invariably swerve pretty close to the subjects we're used to talking about on this program; UFOs, strange things in the sky, extra-terrestrials, other intelligences, other realities. In a moment, we pick our conversation about this strange quantum field theory that Chris Cooper has been exploring -how it could be put to practical use and then we are going back to the Utility Fog, this very strange nano-material that he found under some unusual circumstances, see if we can get him to tell that story and lot more to come... (0'54”)

GK: Chris Cooper in the last segment you were telling me about these ultimate possibilities if the Space Drive sort of be developed on a mass scale. Obviously there are applications for the development of space, commercial development of space; it eliminates a lot of the barriers and the cost for that. You said, 'We could Mars in like 3 days' so interplanetary travel would certainly be possible what about interstellar travel though. Do we need something more exotic than the Space Drive system we are talking about? To travel a distance that far? To another star system?

CC: No, I believe it's just a matter of systems integration. We've got cold fusion, we've got the extremely strong and durable materials, both needed for actually building a spacecraft and we've got a propulsion system that could take passengers, and cargo between stars.

GK: How long? How long though to the nearest star? How long does that take? If Mars is three days it would seem like it would take a long time?

CC: Mars with classic propulsion is a 2 year trip, so to cut 2 years to 2 days, and the fact we are doing serious modifications to the underling quantum field itself, would mean that travellers would, may not, experience the same space-time distortion that Einstein speaks of when you reach the speed of light. Imagine digging a tunnel from here to Alpha Centauri and then travelling through that tunnel instead of a trip using classic propulsion. So a trip from here to Alpha Centauri maybe a few months.

GK: Well certainly much more doable. (3'13”) Let me ask you this – you have been quoted, by Jeremy in some of his films, of saying, you know 'Humans could become in effect extraterrestrials' What I don't have a sense of is how comfortable you are in talking about some of the sort of the more classic applications of that term? The kinds of stuff that we cover on this program all the time? But I'll ask Jeremy that question first. Jeremy you've had conversations, you've got to know Chris really well. Is there a concern that he wants to be hands off with some of the more exotic options here because he wants to be taken seriously among colleagues? How do you see it? (3'51”)

JC: I mean Chris is a pretty fearless person. I've never noticed him to shy away from the infinite possibilities that are there. You know, tell me if I’m wrong Chris! But a lot of what he's derived inspiration from, are these things that seems to defy our known physics. I mean, I think he's very open to that stuff. You know he like us - we have big questions about it. For example, I brought Chris a piece of the alleged implant that was in Patient Seventeen, and Chris helped me read through the isotopic composition of object number 17. And we sat there together and the Zinc 64 was off by over 1%. I mean Chris was saying to me at the time, 'This is astounding, I mean this zinc is non-terrestrial it was not formed in our supernova. And you found it in a person? (4'45”) And it's things like this that we have experienced together, where I see Chris as a very open mind about it, quite frankly Chris it seemed like to me, when we first started documenting together. I mean man if you weren't building a spaceship man! I mean it was like from the material science to the cold fusion. I mean isn't it part of your idea that one day humanity can travel amongst the stars? And what you are working with is precisely going towards that? You know building some sort of spaceship to take humanity off planet.
    CC: That is absolutely my ultimate goal; in all of these technologies is the ultimate survival of our species, and the ultimate survival of the life of this planet and to secure our future. It is absolutely my goal to take us off planet and to explore the rest of the galaxy, not from a observatory but boots on the ground.

GK: And are you inspired by some of the kinds of exotic subjects that we discuss on this program from time to time? Strange things seen in the sky? Stories about UFOs? Some other intelligence? Aliens?

CC: I am certainly inspired by the possibility that others have come before us.

JC: And you've seen some things Chris that you can't explain, you tasked me with doing an SEM (Scanning Electron Microscopy) one a substance which you could not explain and these nano-machines these micro-bots, all of this stuff seems to play some sort of role in your mentality of your current day physics and your hard core science that you are doing now?

GK: Utility Fog

CC: When you see some of these materials it defies any explanation, at least any classical explanation, as to the origin of these materials.

GK: Well let's talk about the Utility Fog, and I don't know if Jeremy came up with that name or that was the name you told him about. (7'08”) I don't know how you can describe in any detail how you got it? I'll leave it up to you how much you want to say.

CC: I wish I could take credit for the term Utility Fog, but unfortunately I can't. The term was coined many years ago at a nano-technology conference in 1994. And, at that time, it was a theoretical construct that was advanced; nano-technology, nano-machines could be built on the scale of, devices and machines built on a scale that would require a microscope even to see them. And in a large swarm they could all link together and act as a united device with millions of microscopic parts. This theoretical construct of Utility Fog is something as far as I know we are decades, if not centuries, away from actually making some of the exotic materials. As though there's nothing specifically in physics or chemistry that would preclude us from designing machines on that scale. (8'35”)

GK: For the sample that you have, you have a sample and you had it analysed. Go ahead Jeremy...

JC: Well that was one of the most astounding moments for me, like as a film maker, you know, there's Chris, I'm filming his Space Drive and he's like. 'I do have a substance, that like, you know completely defies any substance I know. It's something we aspire to in nano-technology and do you want to see it?' And I'm like 'Yeah sure' He goes upstairs, comes back down, brings a vial of what looks like water to me, and shows it to me. And I’m like ' Chris, what is this?' And he's like 'Inside of this vial, this liquid is trillions and trillions of made nano-technological robots.' And I'm like 'What are you talking about?' You see this in my film, he brings out this image that he personally did the SEM for 9 years prior, showing it to me (9'30”) and he's showing me and he's doing this in the film. There's like these tiny little structures like graspers and clampers, I mean this is what he's seeing. And I'm like, 'Is he serious?' He shows me these images which were really astounding and tasks me with going to replicate these images at NASA. And sure enough they were in there we just had to change to beam parameters, which is wild we looked all day, couldn't find anything but clusters. So, this is my first experience in kinda seeing through Chris's eyes, of these nano-bots inside of this liquid and Chris maybe you can kinda of tell us what you think you are seeing here. I mean technology that we can't make at this time?
    CC: The devices in this suspension of ethanol that looks like a little grey dust suspended in the ethanol when analysed with a scanning electron microscope, an electron microscope, you see these sort of like blobs don't look like much of anything but perhaps dust. (10'51”) And increase the beam energy and what emerges are these amazing array of what would appear to be microscopic gears, made on the nano scale, and the gears form into devices, graspers, manipulators etc. And although it's very difficult to identify a particular image, you scan across the sample and take in the chapter image. (11'38”) You start to find the exact same structure interchangeable parts. And when you start to see interchangeable parts that are very complex, highly engineered, microscopic devices that is what really got my attention.

GK: There's no way that could be natural?

CC: Natural biological, natural calcification of materials of microbes, life as we know, it doesn't build microstructures out of titanium.

GK: And that's what it's made of titanium? These little things?

CC: Yes

JC: You showed it to people at NIST isn't that right? Chris?

CC: Yes, I didn't show the images, I gave my friends at National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) outside of Washington DC, a sample of this material they were doing work for us, they were doing imaging work characterisation work for us with the carbon nanotubes water filters. So I decided to just include this material as a sample. I didn't tell them anything about it. I got a call from the director, the director at that time, director from the microelectronics group as NIST, just absolutely astounded about this particular sample... asked me a ton of questions... 'Where did it come from?' 'We've never seen anything like this before' 'What is this?' 'Where did you get it from?' 'It doesn't fit anything that we've ever seen'

GK: Did you tell them were you got it?

CC: No. No, I wasn't I wanted to preserve our relationship.

GK: Well that's... I'll just put you on the spot a little I'll ask ya. I understand you have some reticence about what you're going to say. Some I’m just going to ask you what you can say about how you got it and leave it at that. (14'03”)

CC: I received this material from a err, err, site that has been associated with the phenomena of many of your speakers... you talk about... on your show. And to preserve the scientific rigour and integrity of this, not just to say exactly where it came from, hoping that material like this will continue to be studied by other serious scientists...

GK: So basically you're saying it came from sort of unusual circumstances? The sorts of things the topics the exotics the sort of topics that we cover on this program?

JC: I mean I don't need to answer round about, I mean it's a high activity site where UFOs (15'16”) or that kinda of experience so as we know from Jacques Vallee famous work, who'll be speaking very soon, very exciting, at landing sites or in crop circles. There are oftentimes metallic discharges or dust left over, and this is one of those high activity sites, and Chris was able to get a number of samples, from a number of locations of this type of stuff that really seems to defy our known of nano-technology. So I think that's the most we should say about it until we get more and more tests.
    GK: Has anyone else ever come up with another sample of it? Chris, that you know of?

CC: This particular material I have never seen referred to in the literature and through my various contacts and so far it's been unique.

GK: Let me ask you this; again I'm describing you of being on the cutting edge of nano-technology. If somebody in the world was able to make this stuff, out of titanium, small nanobots, interchangeable parts, you would know about it?

CC: I would know about it. (16'40”) Unless somebody or a group, it would take an extraordinary large effort, with more money than I can imagine to undertake this technological achievement. It's like finding an IPad that the ancient Greeks built in total secrecy.

GK: Let's say you could master this technology. Tomorrow you could duplicate these little nanobots what could you do with them?

CC: They would have great utility, the spectrum of capability, from disaster relief to uncover people from rubble under an earthquake. The ability of these nano-machinery to go in, repair arteries perform surgery; the material could be used for cleaning engine parts, repairing delicate instrumentation. The utility of this material is again the limit of your imagination.

GK: We had a program, a week ago tonight, that I hosted on AI, artificial intelligence, and its emergence, and there are people in the field, including probably your field, that worry about AI, the possibilities of nano-technology. For all its promise there are perils that come with it. There has been talk in the field about Grey Goo where the nanobots start becoming self-replicating - they see humans as a threat or no longer necessary and the whole planet ends up covered with a thick layer of nanobots that effectively form Grey Goo. What's your thoughts on that? (18'59)

CC: Ah Yes, the theories of abound about possible the hazards of nano-technology. And from what I've seen in terms of our classic development task force this level of nano-technology would be capable of giving us a real Grey Goo scenario, I personally think we are centuries away from developing that technology. These materials these micro-nano-robotics, even carbon nanotubes have to be synthesized in extreme temperatures, under incredibly well controlled conditions. A computer chip has to be built under incredibly exacting conditions, using physical, chemical, vapour deposition...

GK: I'm going to interrupt you there... (20'10”)

GK: (21'43”) I wanna take one more stab before we leave this Utility Fog question. One more stab about the circumstances of how it was obtained. Because I think that's what people will remember about this show - this strange material that seems to defy rational explanation. Jeremy, you've seen the pictures, we've both seen pictures that you brought back from the lab. What's your take on it?

JC: Yes. It's ultimately fascinating whatever it is, I didn't even believe there was going to be anything in it. When I did the scanning electron microscope work and sure enough, we were able to image exactly what Chris imaged 10yrs ago. And you know I'm really gonna put Chris on the line here. You, he, we decided to go boldly into this and to tell the truth, and even if it's strange and we can't totally explain it. I think are testimony is real important, and one of the things that I believe led Chris into imaging and understanding the capabilities of these something like these micro-machines, was the personal experience he had as scientist, kind of on a vacation to go look into a very strange phenomenon. Which I'm not all that familiar with, I know you are George ,and I was hoping Chris that we might be able to the personal account of how you got mentally turned on to the idea that this Utility Fog might be used by a hyper/super intelligence to actually manipulate matter. Would you be willing to talk a little bit about your personal experience because it's really amazing, I have to say. (23'24”)

CC: Err, Yes, Science News published an article, prestigious journal, with a crop circles on the cover, on the front cover of Science News, and I think the title was something like 'Unknown geometry discovered in crop circle' [This seems to be the article https://www.sciencenews.org/article/...-wheat-fields] so I had a mild fascination with these, appearances of these amazing formations, and crop primarily in southern England. In 2004, I had an opportunity to spend several weeks in the field. And one afternoon, as I was studying a formation, and walking through a crop of wheat, suddenly, I was in the middle of a field that was actively having a crop circle form. And it was forming around me with nothing I'd ever seen before it was it would appear that the crops, the wheat, were simply laying down in a geometric pattern with unknown force. They were sort of laying themselves down and the only explanation was that the plants had to have been laid down with something that could really address the individual plants. And, in this particular case, weave them together in a very complex patterns, and if that something was Utility Fog, (26'03”) Utility Fog was certainly would certainly have the potential doing what I saw happening all around me, on this particular afternoon, on this particular day in southern England. And so that certainly intensified my interest in understanding some of this...

GK: Wow, that's huge! I don't recall anyone ever saying that they were ever in one of those circles when it formed. Could you feel anything? If it was Utility Fog or nanobots, was there any kind of reaction on your skin? Or your body?

CC: So I felt a little shocking, not just the tingling, but the whole general experience. And I was not alone, there were six other people in this particular formation with me, they were all just absolutely stunned by this display.

GK: That's like a life changing experience is it not?

CC: Certainly makes on rethink one's premises in what one thinks is possible.

JC: The funny thing about that was. When Chris was telling me about this, he was like, “This tour guide who had us out there. And it was his job, to like show the circles, and he was talking like he knew everything about it', and he said 'It looked the guy soiled himself' because he never expected it to be real, for it to form around him. So even the tour guide was speechless so I thought that was so funny.

GK: It maybe occurs to me - that it happened because you were there. (28'18”) They wanted it to somebody who experienced it, who can get it and put it to use almost. It's such a coincidence that it happened when a nano-physicist is the guy who is standing in the formation.

CC: And someone with carbon nanotube filters would be actually be capable of actually capturing some of this material.

GK: {Laughs} That's another pretty big coincidence!

CC: The tour guide was very surprised. I would say out of crops circles that I had seen over the two weeks, most of them could easily be explained by people with boards and ropes and I even met up with a couple of the folks who actually made some of these formations. A lot of them are manmade but some of them are not manmade.

GK: Sure the ones, I've been over there as well. And I've been in the formations that obviously the plants are bent, they are broken. (29'23”) But some of them are weaved, it's as though somehow they are weaved. And I know there's speculation that maybe its microwave, that sort of heats the plants at the stems, and that explanation has sort of gone away. Some kind of energy that we did not understand that makes the ones that are weaved, cause you don't do that with a board and your foot.

CC: And the formation that happened around me was not made with boards and ropes. That formation and others I intensify my study of the actual plant, and I found at the nodes of the plants, inside the formation, what looked microscopic burn marks. I called micro-nano-pyrotechnics looked like little micro-explosions caused the nodes to explode in a very programmed way, and occasionally there were misfires, sort of a microscopic burn mark along the shaft of the plant between the nodes. And outside the crop circle, wouldn’t see any of these phenomena, microscopic burn marks. So if it is Utility Fog, these micro-robots can certainly... do very exacting damage to the plant to cause them to lay down. (31'18”)

Thanks Long Eyes.
    Re the time to get to Mars - my informant worked on the Rover missions and points out that they got there in six months.
    http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/me...iew/index.html
    But as Chris had been discussing his drive getting passengers and freight there in two days instead of two years - he may have been suggesting with that extra payload it would take two years. Is that logical - I'm non techie so have no idea.
    I'm still digging around his background.
    Here is a link to his water purification company http://seldonwater.com/about-us/
    BTW - is there a way of getting notifications of posts here. I can't find any way to do that.
    Last edited by wotsup; 01-26-2016 at 06:57 PM. Reason: additions

No way to get notifications of posts.
    Chris Cooper's claim to get there in 2 days refers to his Space Drive technology not conventional tech. As he says NASA missions use solid fuel, they rely on ejecting that matter at velocity to reach escape velocity from the earth. They then rely on solar power or nuclear power to power to unit, it is too costly to produce proper thrust after leaving earth orbit. The space drive pushes against the 'quantum field' I assume it will accelerate half way to Mars then decelerate closer to Mars. Cold fusion is essentially converting mass directly into energy just like the sun, e=mc2, so for a tiny amount of deuterium can produce a vast amount of energy, if slowly. It the best storage medium there is (mass) It depends on him using cold fusion to power his Space Drive two big unknowns.
    Last edited by Longeyes; 01-26-2016 at 11:09 PM.

There is a way to get notifications: in the 'Thread Tools' you can subscribe, and then choose how to get notified: by PM, by instant email, by daily email, ...
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
    - Charles Darwin

Thanks Garuda didn't know that.

The crop circle article link above is not working here is another link to it
    https://www.sciencenews.org/article/...s-wheat-fields

Here is a list of Chris's patents they include a lot of carbon nanotube tech and are some under the Seldon Technologies llc so it's definitely him

http://www.faqs.org/patents/inventor...-windsor-us-1/
    http://www.patentbuddy.com/Inventor/...opher-H/322185

And his dad William K Cooper
    http://www.patentbuddy.com/Inventor/...liam-K/7051568

This might be his paper in Physical Review Letters?

Fragmentation Partners from Collisional Dissociation of C60
    R. Vandenbosch, B. P. Henry, C. Cooper, M. L. Gardel, J. F. Liang, and D. I. Will
    Phys. Rev. Lett. 81, 1821 (1998) - Published 31 August 1998
    Abstract

The collision dynamics of 75-keV C−60 with H2 gas has been studied. Coincidence measurements demonstrate that fragments such as C4 and C8 as well as the commonly assumed C2 species are fragmentation partners to heavy fragments. Odd- n as well as even- n light fragments are coincident with even- n heavy fragments, indicating sequential decay following the initial binary fragmentation. Periodicity in yield distributions suggests that rings as well as chains can be extracted from C60 and still leave a fullerene structure.

From Wright Patternson AFB
    http://www.wpafb.af.mil/news/story_p...p?id=123135501

AFRL Field-Tests New Water Purification Device

2/13/2009 - WRIGHT-PATTERSON AIR FORCE BASE, Ohio -- AFRL worked with Seldon Technologies to develop filtration technology that transforms groundwater into potable water without electricity, ultraviolet light, harsh chemicals, or prolonged heating. The lab distributed this purification capability--in the form of two different devices--to Fort McCoy, Wisconsin, for field testing. Both devices employ enmeshed carbon nanotube filters to remove bacteria, viruses, endotoxins, and other molecular contaminants (e.g., heavy metals, halides). The WaterBox™ can clean up to 1,200 gallons at 1 gallon/minute, making it suitable for supplying entire units. Meanwhile, the smaller, lighter-weight WaterStick™ is ideal for personal use, offering a 70-gallon cleaning capacity ...