Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Sekret Machines - Tom Delong - Dawn of Disclosure

Yes Panspermia they also mention Crick as in 'Crick and Watson' who discovered the DNA double helix.
    Crick thought panspermia a possibility, he suggested that as DNA needed a lot of Molybdenum, in its manufacture, it was highly likely it came from a Molybdenum rich world, ours is not.

Dr Garry Nolan has mentioned that DNA seems to follow Moore's Law but instead of semiconductor speeds it's DNA complexity that has grown. He says if you extrapolate back in time the t=0 is earlier than the planet.

Who knows where the creators are or who created them.

Book signing with TDL and Peter Levanda

Found link this Moore's Law for the origin of DNA, something Garry Nolan has mentioned previously
    Full article on site

https://www.technologyreview.com/s/5...rigin-of-life/

These guys argue that it’s possible to measure the complexity of life and the rate at which it has increased from prokaryotes to eukaryotes to more complex creatures such as worms, fish and finally mammals. That produces a clear exponential increase identical to that behind Moore’s Law although in this case the doubling time is 376 million years rather than two years.

That raises an interesting question. What happens if you extrapolate backwards to the point of no complexity–the origin of life?

Sharov and Gordon say that the evidence by this measure is clear. “Linear regression of genetic complexity (on a log scale) extrapolated back to just one base pair suggests the time of the origin of life = 9.7 ± 2.5 billion years ago,” they say.

And since the Earth is only 4.5 billion years old, that raises a whole series of other questions. Not least of these is how and where did life begin.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Longeyes View Post
    Found link this Moore's Law for the origin of DNA, something Garry Nolan has mentioned previously
    Full article on site

https://www.technologyreview.com/s/5...rigin-of-life/

These guys argue that it’s possible to measure the complexity of life and the rate at which it has increased from prokaryotes to eukaryotes to more complex creatures such as worms, fish and finally mammals. That produces a clear exponential increase identical to that behind Moore’s Law although in this case the doubling time is 376 million years rather than two years.

That raises an interesting question. What happens if you extrapolate backwards to the point of no complexity–the origin of life?

Sharov and Gordon say that the evidence by this measure is clear. “Linear regression of genetic complexity (on a log scale) extrapolated back to just one base pair suggests the time of the origin of life = 9.7 ± 2.5 billion years ago,” they say.

And since the Earth is only 4.5 billion years old, that raises a whole series of other questions. Not least of these is how and where did life begin.

Having a hard time wrapping my head around this "DNA complexity doubling every 376 million years" hypothesis.
    We can't even find DNA samples from dinosaurs 65million years old, to fragile/degradated. Barely able to sequence Mamoth DNA from last ice age.
    Questions worth asking, but sounds like conjecture to me. Without samples, no way to tell if the the base line holds steady (like Moore' Law), or if there were dormant and accelerated phases of DNA evolution/complexity during those years.
    Like the theory of random Gamma Radiation pinging off the occassional DNA chain and causing a postive mutation that is then reproduced in future offsping, hard to put a clock on that.

"...where did life begin". The BIG question eh?
    The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but
    progress. -- Joseph Joubert
    Attachment 1008

I think the point is they have living examples of organisms today and knowledge of where it appeared in the fossil record. It's an inexact science but you can trace a measure of genetic diversification from the first eucaryotes to today.

The obvious massive assumption is that this is a law, rather than just happened this way on this planet. Does the number of extinction level events affect this speed, or the elements available and environment? Without other evolutionary timelines to look at I am not sure how they can determine it is an applicable law.

Yep some of the more primitive forms of life are still around ie bacteria, viruses moulds, fungi, plants, cuttle fish, squids, fish...
    And you can work out how they evolved from look at their genome at the moment. You can see how they branched out for the development of certain characteristics, like different eyes, legs, fins etc

It's just a decently researched Physics paper you can download the original here:
    https://arxiv.org/abs/1304.3381

My problem is DNA's nothing like a transistor and who's to say the first part isn't even faster for DNA it then dies down once its established?
    But I'm no expert, but it's another thing pointing towards panspermia, that DNA could have evolved on another world.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Longeyes View Post
    Yep some of the more primitive forms of life are still around ie bacteria, viruses moulds, fungi, plants, cuttle fish, squids, fish...
    And you can work out how they evolved from look at their genome at the moment. You can see how they branched out for the development of certain characteristics, like different eyes, legs, fins etc

It's just a decently researched Physics paper you can download the original here:
    https://arxiv.org/abs/1304.3381

My problem is DNA's nothing like a transistor and who's to say the first part isn't even faster for DNA it then dies down once its established?
    But I'm no expert, but it's another thing pointing towards panspermia, that DNA could have evolved on another world.
    20 pages of heavy reading, and another half-dozen pages of references.
    Just browsing through they have some interesting points, but IMHO also reads like a few suppositions/assumptions were used to make the theory float.
    Thanks for sharing, I'll have a deeper look at "Life before earth" as time pemits.
    The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but
    progress. -- Joseph Joubert
    Attachment 1008

180 day report is on its way...
    Former intelligence chief: 'Quite a few more' UFOs detected than public knows
    ... John Ratcliffe, who served as director of national intelligence under former President Donald Trump, was asked on Fox News by host Maria Bartiromo what he knows about unidentified flying objects that have captured people's imaginations for generations.

After saying that there have been sightings all around the world, Ratcliffe insisted that reports of "unidentified aerial phenomena" already in the public eye are only part of the bigger picture...

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...n-public-knows

Fox News clip with interview

https://instagram.com/tv/CMoMzBhp6gp

What I thought was particularly interesting was he admitted they tried to quickly get it declassified but couldn't do it a satisfactory way. He's a Trump man through and through.
    Makes you wonder what was going on behind the scenes. There must have been some intense clashes in the intel community.
    The fact that TDL has been side-linned speaks volumes of about the Republican power grab in the intel community of which John Radcliffe was a significant part.
    No doubt Trump wanted the kudos of UFO disclosure but there was skepticism in the intelligence community ranks of how it would be used. Who knows?
    Last edited by Longeyes; 03-20-2021 at 12:31 PM.

Uforadio and Keith Basterfield have done a transcript

MB - Joining me right now, is the former Director of National Intelligence, John Ratcliffe. John it is great to see you tonight. Thank you such much for being here.

JR - You bet, Maria.

MB - John, you have seen, in your role, the most intelligence that anybody has seen other than the President, as the Director of National Intelligence. I have been wanting to ask you this next question for a while. I want to ask you about UFOs - Unidentified Flying Objects. The Pentagon is going to come out with a report by June 1st, and in the $2.3 trillion dollar omnibus appropriations legislation passed in January, it includes the Intelligence Authorization Act; money for the Pentagon to continue investigating UFOs. John, we are going to get this report June 1st, Can you tell us, have Unidentified Flying Objects been seen?

JR - Well sure. We have lots of reports about what we call Unidentified Aerial Phenomenon and this actually is a program that's been in place for a few years in terms of a task force that has been there under the National Defense Authorization Act, but as you correctly point out Maria, there's now a report that will be issued by the Pentagon, by the Secretary of Defense and the Director of National Intelligence. (KB - See comment 1 below.)

I actually wanted to get this information out and declassified (comment 2) before I left office, but we weren't able to get it down into an unclassified format that we could talk about quickly enough, but frankly there are a lot more sightings than have been made public. (comment 3.)

Some of those have been declassified. When we talk about sightings we're talking about objects that have been seen by Navy or Air Force pilots, or have been picked up by satellite imagery (comment 4) that, frankly, engage in actions that are difficult to explain; movements that are hard to replicate, that we don't have the technology for, or traveling at speeds that you know exceed the sound barrier without a sonic boom.

So, in short, things that we are observing that are difficult to explain. And so, you know, there's actually quite a few of those, and I think that that information is being gathered and will be put out in a way that the American people can see.

We always, when we see these things, Maria, we always look for a plausible explanation. Weather can cause disturbances - visual disturbances. Sometimes, we wonder whether or not our adversaries have technologies that are a little bit further down the road than we thought, or that we realized, but there are instances where we don't have good explanations for some of the things that we've seen. And, you know, when that information becomes declassified I'll be able to talk a little bit more about that.

MB - Can you tell us where it was seen?

JR - Actually all over the world. There have been sightings all over the world, and when we talk about sightings, the other thing I will tell you is, it's not just a pilot, or just a satellite or some intelligence collection. Usually we have multiple sensors that are picking up these things (comment 5.) And so, again, some of, they are, just, they're unexplained phenomenon and there's actually quite a few more than has been made public.

I think it will be healthy for as much of this information to get out as possible, so that the American people can see some of the things we have been dealing with.

MB - OK. Wow, that is pretty extraordinary. We so appreciate that, that you're talking to us about this. Can this year get any weirder. Pandemic, shutdown, UFOs. John Ratcliffe it's great to see you. Thank you so much ...

https://ufos-scientificresearch.blog...-national.html