Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Reincarnation and ET intervention

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sansanoy View Post
    I have been typing your for about 8 years and fixing it on proof reading, I just cannot type it correctly. I despise this contraction. You are = 6 letters, You're = 6 characters what is the actual point of this contraction and why can't we go with "your" instead.
    You're = You are
    Your = Something that belongs to you.

Sent from my LGLS660 using Tapatalk
    www.disclosurebeginsathome.wordpress.com
    Disclosure begins at home so start a conversation about UFOs.
    "Debunkers are like school yard bullies." - Kevin Smith to Leslie Kean, August 31, 2010

Quote Originally Posted by newyorklily View Post
    You're = You are
    Your = Something that belongs to you.

I understand the difference, I just don't understand the point of the grammatical contraction. It's phonetically the same when we speak it, it's phonetically the same when we read it. What I don't understand is why we use a system of contraction that doesn't shorten the word or provide any necessary distinction?

Quote Originally Posted by Sansanoy View Post
    I understand the difference, I just don't understand the point of the grammatical contraction. It's phonetically the same when we speak it, it's phonetically the same when we read it. What I don't understand is why we use a system of contraction that doesn't shorten the word or provide any necessary distinction?
    Contractions start in spoken language, and the written language has to catch up. It's easier to say "you're" than "you are". What you omit is the 'a' of 'are' and that's what the apostrophe indicates in the written version.
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
    - Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by Garuda View Post
    Contractions start in spoken language, and the written language has to catch up. It's easier to say "you're" than "you are". What you omit is the 'a' of 'are' and that's what the apostrophe indicates in the written version.
    Oh, so that must be why I keep putting out that typo.
    My hands write out as I think about any particular topic and...then I go back...and make sure it makes sense grammatically.
    I hadn't actually noticed that your and you're sound the same in my head.

I guess it takes some actual dedicated thought to write it out as it should be in the written sense.
    For every action, there is a corresponding over-reaction. -- Anonymous

Blog Entries
    And the English language also has
    There
    Their and
    They're

And words with the same sounds and spelling but with totally different meanings like...

"She wound the bandage around the wound."

English is a difficult language.

www.disclosurebeginsathome.wordpress.com
    Disclosure begins at home so start a conversation about UFOs.
    "Debunkers are like school yard bullies." - Kevin Smith to Leslie Kean, August 31, 2010

Quote Originally Posted by newyorklily View Post
    And the English language also has
    There
    Their and
    They're
    That one always gets me too, I only catch it when I go back and proof read.

Quote Originally Posted by Fore View Post
    Oh, so that must be why I keep putting out that typo.
    My hands write out as I think about any particular topic and...then I go back...and make sure it makes sense grammatically.
    I hadn't actually noticed that your and you're sound the same in my head.

I guess it takes some actual dedicated thought to write it out as it should be in the written sense.
    That is what happens with me too, my thoughts come out verbally in my head and they just dump down right into my fingers.

In reincarnation does the soul usually come back to the same planet in the same universe, or is possible to come back on a different planet, or even a different universe?

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    In reincarnation does the soul usually come back to the same planet in the same universe, or is possible to come back on a different planet, or even a different universe?
    It is perfectly possible to come back on a different planet, etc.
    In fact, that seems to generally be the case: most souls seem to have had lives on other worlds.
    - Jef Mallett

- Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    Hi Wally

From what I understand it is all to do with connections. You have a connection with your mother and father - they are your parents. That is something that can not be undone, it has happened, it is a very strong connection.
    You are far more likely to be born around people, animals, places that you have a connection with. So the chances are you will be reborn on the same planet, even country, with other people you are connected to. It is obviously far most complicated than that and you connections will be with other beings stretching over eons. Buddhists say treat everyone every creature as your mother as at some point in the past they were just that. So although people no doubt travel around there is a strong tendency to stay in the same place.

Quote Originally Posted by Longeyes View Post
    Hi Wally

From what I understand it is all to do with connections. You have a connection with your mother and father - they are your parents. That is something that can not be undone, it has happened, it is a very strong connection.
    You are far more likely to be born around people, animals, places that you have a connection with. So the chances are you will be reborn on the same planet, even country, with other people you are connected to. It is obviously far most complicated than that and you connections will be with other beings stretching over eons. Buddhists say treat everyone every creature as your mother as at some point in the past they were just that. So although people no doubt travel around there is a strong tendency to stay in the same place.
    From the regression sessions I and others have conducted, it became apparent that typically you have a group of people incarnating more or less together (meaning that they'll meet in the time of a lifespan). So, yes, people who play an important part in your life now would also have done so in previous lives.
    But there is nothing to support that one gets reborn systematically on the same planet or country. On the contrary, the majority of the people a group of regression therapists have conducted regressions on, had lifetimes all over the globe, as well as on different worlds. (And, yes, that means the people they're connected with did the same).
    - Jef Mallett

- Charles Darwin