Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Whats this . . .

Quote Originally Posted by epo333 View Post
    Yup! Me too!

To me the real story, is this:

Is it possible to stop an abduction by reaching for a gun? In this case it may have been contact rather then an abduction.
    I've never heard of anything like that happening Epo and I can't see that if it did happen to that person, why would he/she lie about something like that? I'm more apt to trust that the person is telling the truth regardless that for all practical purposes, I should be jaded right now and not believe anyone unless they had hard core proof to back them up... but I'm not like that because I've had my own experiences that fall outside the "norm" when it comes to Ufo/paranormal lore and, for the most part, I think anything is possible.

There are too many ufo forums out there now where everyone is the skeptic where no one believes anyone anymore when they talk about their experiences. Consequently, when things are like that, no real progress is made in this field if everyone thinks everyone is lying.
    HTML Code:
    For it is in giving that we receive.
    ~ St. Francis of Assisi

I do know one thing though, in abduction lore, the abductee is in a state that's comparable to sleep paralysis when they are floated through the walls or windows out of the house or building... or car to the alien craft.
    I can't recall that ever happening to me and here I'm talking about the classic abduction experience where it starts out like that.
    HTML Code:
    ~ St. Francis of Assisi

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by epo333 View Post
    Yup! Me too!

To me the real story, is this:

Is it possible to stop an abduction by reaching for a gun? In this case it may have been contact rather then an abduction.
    Don't mean to jump in the middle here, but I do recall Hanger1 had an episode (S02E12 UFO Superpowers) segment on a trucker named Harry Turner who was abducted in Virginia back in 1979.
    Many mysterious pieces to the story.

The guy's truck completed a round trip between two cities, but the odometer showed MUCH LESS mileage than the trip should have required. As if E.T. had teleported his 18-wheeler.

Post-abduction he had an incident in bed where he could see the stars right through the roof of his bedroom ceiling
    And when his wife ask what was wrong he turned to find he could see her skeleton, as if he had X-ray vision.

He took off in a private vehicle and ended up arrested by the police after a high speed pursuit. He was hysterical and disoriented.

But back to your question, apparently after he and his truck were abducted into a large craft and then returned, the handgun he kept in the cab of his truck was found with all rounds expended.
    So at least in this case it would seem the answer to "would reaching for a gun halt an abduction?" would be a resounding NO!

Hey I give the guy props (proper respect), it was worth a try...
    The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but
    progress. -- Joseph Joubert
    Attachment 1008

I just googled that show up. Never heard of it and never saw it as I don't have cable. Anyway, they've got 20 free episodes of that show on the History.com site so will check them out! I watch cable shows online at various sites.
    http://www.history.com/shows/hangar-1-the-ufo-files
    HTML Code:
    ~ St. Francis of Assisi

Quote Originally Posted by A99 View Post
    I just googled that show up. Never heard of it and never saw it as I don't have cable. Anyway, they've got 20 free episodes of that show on the History.com site so will check them out! I watch cable shows online at various sites.
    http://www.history.com/shows/hangar-1-the-ufo-files
    Hangar One is worth watching.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by A99 View Post
    I do know one thing though, in abduction lore, the abductee is in a state that's comparable to sleep paralysis when they are floated through the walls or windows out of the house or building... or car to the alien craft.
    I can't recall that ever happening to me and here I'm talking about the classic abduction experience where it starts out like that.

You have the physical abductions and then you have the out of body abductions. When you are out of your body you can still feel and in a sense it feels physical but I suspect people with physical abductions are heavily drugged in a sense where they are in an altered stated where they can't tell what is real and what is not. Other times this "drugged" state can not be as effective like in certain states of anesthesia wears thin you can start to feel. I think the same thing happens and people start to see past the screen memories and the drugged like state they are in. This drugged like state I'm referring to can encompass many things, body impairment, mind impairment, sensory impairment, reality impairment, ect..ect..

Edward