Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Christopher Mellon, UFODATA and Leslie Kean

Christopher Mellon, UFODATA and Leslie Kean

6 months ago Chris Mellon has joined the board of UFODATA, a group of independent scientists who want seriuos investigation into the UFO phenomenon. Chris Mellon seems to have been in the almost perfect position to know all the special access programs and his story is certainly at odds with all the disclosure that is happening right now.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/leslie...ml?1462831807=

About six months ago, our board at UFODATA was privileged to welcome Christopher Mellon as the newest member of our team. Chris spent nearly twenty years in the federal government serving in various national security positions. For the first time, he has agreed to speak publicly about his experiences within government as they relate to UFOs.

It is unusual for a man of Chris’s stature to speak openly about UFOs, which gives his statements great weight. His positions during the Clinton and Bush administrations involved high clearances; in fact, there are few people who have enjoyed such deep and wide-ranging access to compartmented programs in both the Defense Department (DoD) and the intelligence community. Chris is the recipient of numerous awards, including the National Reconnaissance Office Gold Medal and the Defense Intelligence Agency Director’s Medal.

At DoD, Chris served on a small committee that provided oversight of all DoD special access programs, in order to eliminate potential waste and duplication. The oversight included visits to Area 51 and other sensitive facilities. He also spent over a decade on the Senate Intelligence Committee, involved in oversight of NRO, CIA, NSA and other intelligence organizations. He became the first Congressional official to review all of the NSA’s compartmented programs.

I wanted to know what Chris had to say about Hillary Clinton’s implications that the government may be withholding classified UFO documents. Backed by John Podesta, chairman of her campaign, Clinton has been speaking about the need to “get to the bottom of the UFO mystery.” Her comments are unprecedented within a presidential campaign.

Here is my recent conversation with Chris Mellon, mainly conducted via email, edited only for clarity.

Q. When did you first become interested in UFOs?

A. I was about seven years old when I saw an old-fashioned amateur movie taken by a friend of our school principal. It showed a huge, golden disc-shaped object serenely moving through sunny, blue skies, passing through cumulous clouds in a manner that would be very hard to fake. I have no idea what became of the movie, but it filled me with wonder and awe. I read everything I could get my hands on afterwards and eventually did a research project on UFOs in college for a physics professor. I remain deeply intrigued...

Leslie Kean's interview is continued at the above link.
    Last edited by Longeyes; 05-10-2016 at 07:56 AM.

Blog Entries
    Interesting article "Christopher Mellon, UFODATA and Leslie Kean".
    The man certainly has impressive credentials.
    But I will have to consider his background with suspicion, as a possible disinformation agent?!?!
    The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but
    progress. -- Joseph Joubert
    Attachment 1008

Yep either that or staying way back from the goal line

This really got me...

Leslie Kean: Are you certain there is no government cover-up?

Chris Mellon: It’s impossible to prove the negative, so all I can say is that I never saw any evidence of official interest in UFOs. I’d love to believe we have a crashed saucer somewhere, but I’ve never seen anything remotely supportive of such incredible claims. In my experience, on those rare occasions when UFO incidents involving the government occur, they are highly inconvenient, awkward and embarrassing for the afflicted government officials who want nothing more than to put the issue behind them as quickly as possible! The military seems generally unwilling to investigate even when UFO reports come from our own military pilots or officials in high office such as Fife Symington, the former governor of Arizona. Senior officials are so fearful of being ridiculed that they conceal any expression of interest or curiosity.

Are we really expected to believe the military leaders of the most powerful nation on the planet when faced with unbelievable technology, pulled their hats over theirs eyes and cried "I don't want to know I don't want to know!"
    Come on, no effing way. Some may well do that but others would see the importance and do everything they possibly could to 1) gain that technology 2) defend themselves against that technology.
    They were covering it up with Blue book - they knew then. Possibly as far back as Cape Girardeau 1941 they had an ET craft. Look at the SR-71 Blackbird that was produced in the 1960's!
    Funny how he mentions Admiral Byrd he must be well aware of how widespread the Antarctic story is now and perhaps what Tom De Longe is saying.
    Also they set off flares to distract everyone from the Phoenix Lights, it was the perfect feint. The US Air Bases in the area were in blind panic from some unconfirmed sources.
    Last edited by Longeyes; 05-10-2016 at 07:37 PM.

yeah... that's not very believable.

It's actually easier to prove that there is a cover-up than it is to prove there is an alien presence.

Well, you know what they say, there is no such thing as a retired or former intel operative. It's a job for life.
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
    - Charles Darwin

Blog Entries
    Someone posted this on Facebook.

http://www.starpod.us/2012/05/12/nsa.../#.VzJaV1nD9qX

Gary Bekkum mentions Mellon in an article about Thomas Drake and U.K. psychic Chris Robinson.

I'm wondering if Mellon knows John Alexander, Kit Green or anyone else in the Aviary

Sent from my LGLS660 using Tapatalk
    www.disclosurebeginsathome.wordpress.com
    Disclosure begins at home so start a conversation about UFOs.
    "Debunkers are like school yard bullies." - Kevin Smith to Leslie Kean, August 31, 2010

Blog Entries
    Christopher Mellon is a very big player in the Intelligence Community. Something is stirring that has these people spooked. Hard to tell if they are in damage control mode or is something else rattling their chain.

Once a ‘made guy’ always a ‘made guy’ until you die. At his level it is more than a job, it’s a way of life.
    We control matter because we control the mind. Reality is inside the skull.
    ~ George Orwell ‘1984’

Yes I agree agent for life is my opinion as well. This looks like "perception management" and keep in mind plenty of scientists have been killed over nuclear programs. I don't consider this a good thing

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GusB View Post
    Yes I agree agent for life is my opinion as well. This looks like "perception management" and keep in mind plenty of scientists have been killed over nuclear programs. I don't consider this a good thing
    But then the question becomes, is he in position to collect information and discredit witnesses (may even establish hit lists)?
    Or maybe sow disinformation/discredit leaks?
    Is there ANY possible good that could come from his participation?

I need to watch "Mirage Men" again, good film on disinfo.....
    The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but
    progress. -- Joseph Joubert
    Attachment 1008

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by calikid View Post
    But then the question becomes, is he in position to collect information and discredit witnesses (may even establish hit lists)?
    Or maybe sow disinformation/discredit leaks?
    Is there ANY possible good that could come from his participation?

I need to watch "Mirage Men" again, good film on disinfo.....
    “…is he in position to collect information”---- Absolutely, without question

“…discredit witnesses”---- Absolutely, without question

“(may even establish hit lists)?”---- Absolutely, without question

“maybe sow disinformation”---- Absolutely, without question

“Is there ANY possible good that could come from his participation?”---- This most certainly depends on ones point of view.
    We control matter because we control the mind. Reality is inside the skull.
    ~ George Orwell ‘1984’

He was a little too positive that he never saw anything suggestive for a guy who voluntarily joins a research organization. The story doesn't gel and is reminiscent of the way retired intel and military guys packed the early amateur investigative groups in the ifities and early sixties. If his first mission was to see if that story would fly anymore, I'd say that one is ringing all sorts of warning bells here.