Page 26 of 46 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Wiki leaks Podesta / Tom de Longe

Quote Originally Posted by Longeyes View Post
    Wally just think this is a case of blaming the messenger. They are doing their best. They're not the ones who have kept this thing secret for 70yrs.
    It may be slower than we'd all have liked but they are doing something.
    Hopefully DeLonge be able to pull it off and I wish him the best of luck, but what I'm worried about though is if all the funding gets taken away. It seems to me that that disclosure was always 'just around the corner', but I've been waiting over 30 years and I fear I may not see any meaningful disclosure in my life time.
    Last edited by Wally; 10-16-2018 at 02:12 PM.
    My inner Mulder wants to believe, but my inner Scully remains skeptical.

Worth listening Tom's interviews there's a lot in there if you are willing to trust his sources which seem pretty sound.
    There is some unbelievable stuff in them he has released with out actually meaning to

Linda Moulton Howe - Guest George Knapp - 13th Oct

Tells story of how he met Senator Reid, in 1980's reporting on politics. Then when Lazar story broke in 1989 even before Bob's name was released, he met Reid told him while in a Limo driving to airport. Promised to keep him in the loop. And how the when the Skinwalker book was launched, Ried passed it round the senate, this DIA guy read, had the visit, something happened to him, he reported back to Reid the ball started rolling...
    Confirmed there were 4 government on UFOs projects running, which Jeremy Corbell let slip in his KGRA interview.
    Said that Lockheed was the other company that went for the ATTIP tender.

https://dpo.tothestarsacademy.com/bl...ial-statements

We've noticed some reports that we are “in debt” in some astronomical amount. The reports are highly misleading and grossly mischaracterized statements in an SEC filing. It looks like people are misunderstanding the difference between debt and stockholders’ equity. “Debt” is what we owe. The number that is getting the attention is actually the “Stockholders’ equity/deficit” number. That looks like a big number but we don’t “owe” it to anyone and it's not related to the operational results of the company. It just reflects the fact that we’ve been paying our people, like many start-ups, in stock as opposed to paying them in dollars. When we do that, the notional value of the stock awards is based on the amount that we have received from the public for selling our shares. If you want further details, you can look at the footnotes to our financial statements, where the calculation of stock-based compensation is explained in Note 3 under “Stock-Based Compensation."...

What I find depressing is the glee these people have in pulling TTSA and Tom De Longe down.
    You know - maybe he is doing something f****ng great for everybody. It's not just him it's a whole heap of people Luis Elizondo, Jim Semivan, George Knapp, Kevin Day, Dave Fravor etc etc. the list goes on.
    People can't seem to see the truth even when it's slapping them in the face.

Blog Entries
    IMHO this article from Motherboard.Vice.Com appears fair & balanced. Makes a distinction between "Debt" and "Deficit Spending".
    It does start out a bit pessimistic, but if you read to the end (link) of the article it does grow more optimistic. Includes a TDL response/statement.

No one ever said StartUp companies were easy to get off the ground. Sound like normal growing pains of any new corporation. If we really want to support them, guess we need to buy a few more of their products (books, etc.).

Tom DeLonge’s UFO Organization Has a $37.4 Million Deficit
    A recent filing with the SEC from To the Stars Academy “raise doubts about the company’s ability to continue.”

To the Stars Academy of Arts and Sciences, an organization co-founded by former Blink-182 frontman Tom DeLonge to study UFOs and other “mysteries of the universe,” may be on the verge of collapse.

According to a biannual financial report filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) last month, the company has accumulated a $37.4 million deficit and “these factors raise doubt about the company’s ability to continue as a going concern.” The financial document was first reported by Ars Technica.

To the Stars hired a number of ex-government officials from agencies such as the CIA and NASA, as well as industry officials who had worked on secret corporate aerospace programs, but its plans to generate revenue were less successful.

In September 2017, the company began selling $50 million worth of stock to fund its operations, and its website claims to have a total of 2,547 investors. According to the SEC filing, however, To the Stars has only sold a little over $1 million worth of stock to date. This was part of a Regulation A+ equity crowdfunding campaign, a new type of crowdfunding that became legal in 2015. Because it has public, non accredited investors, To the Stars is required to file financial reports with the SEC.

To the Stars Academy of Arts and Sciences, an organization co-founded by former Blink-182 frontman Tom DeLonge to study UFOs and other “mysteries of the universe,” may be on the verge of collapse.

According to a biannual financial report filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) last month, the company has accumulated a $37.4 million deficit and “these factors raise doubt about the company’s ability to continue as a going concern.” The financial document was first reported by Ars Technica.

To the Stars hired a number of ex-government officials from agencies such as the CIA and NASA, as well as industry officials who had worked on secret corporate aerospace programs, but its plans to generate revenue were less successful.

In September 2017, the company began selling $50 million worth of stock to fund its operations, and its website claims to have a total of 2,547 investors. According to the SEC filing, however, To the Stars has only sold a little over $1 million worth of stock to date. This was part of a Regulation A+ equity crowdfunding campaign, a new type of crowdfunding that became legal in 2015. Because it has public, non accredited investors, To the Stars is required to file financial reports with the SEC.

Story Continues
    The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but
    progress. -- Joseph Joubert
    Attachment 1008

I don't think this is a story, I don't think they are in financial trouble at all.
    TTSA and TDL are an easy target people seem to hate them for challenging their worldview, esp some of US Ufo community.
    I'm not saying here, but on other forums. The level of criticism is pathetic. "I don't like him - so he's full of it. He's making money out of this - therefore he's a con artist and a swindler.".
    It's vindictive and misplaced.
    As in all these things time will tell.

I know what you're saying, longeyes. There is a sense of sour grapes where some people within the UFO community seem to be saying "who is this guy, a musician, what does he know about the subject?".

It seems to me that he has succeeded in pulling together the most effective UFO research organisation since NIDs. Personally I'm very optimistic about TTSA.
    The OutPost Forum - "Breaking the Boundaries of Science, Exploring the Frontier of Understanding"

Yes, the explanation that these are mainly things like stock options is perfectly acceptable.
    Time to let that one rest. It's not a debt or loss.
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
    - Charles Darwin

Tdl post to Facebook and instagram yesterday
    @tothestarsacademy has been invited into private meetings with a particular European Government on UFOs. I am on my way this morning to discuss some very interesting cooperation opportunities with a few International partners. #TECHNOLOGY #DATA #DISCLOSURE

An earlier post additionally included

...When this subject blows wide open in the next few years there will be one company that leads internationally with the accumulated knowledge, associated technologies, and the telling of 'the sorry of the millennia'