Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fake News and Conspiracy

Banned

Fake News and Conspiracy

Quote Originally Posted by Garuda View Post
    Google and Facebook published a list of fake news sites:

I find it a little hypocritical when the likes of Google and Facebook "publish" (boy, that sounds like an authoritative action) this list, so as to give the impression that they are the authoritative source of ALL that should be known.

I trust Google and Facebook about as much as I trust the list of Kim Jong-un's "places to go on vacation".

It just goes to show you....."you shouldn't trust everything you read!"

Banned
    Enter Fake News as Replacement for Conspiracy Theory?

Nov 18, 2016 8:08 AM

Via The Daily Bell

Barack Obama on fake news: ‘We have problems’ if we can’t tell the difference The US president denounced the spate of misinformation across social media platforms, including Facebook, suggesting American politics can be affected. -Guardian
    Is fake news the new “conspiracy theory.” We’ve read that it may be, and it seems likely to us.

That’s because “conspiracy theory” has seemingly lost credibility as a way of dismissing anti-mainstream critiques, and it can be argued that “fake news” is being substituted.

We recently wrote about the decline and fall of “conspiracy theory” as an effective denigration of Deep State critiques. You can see the article here.

This make sense to us because the CIA was apparently responsible for disseminating the initial “conspiracy theory” meme, and “fake news” could certainly have been developed to take its place.

Secondly, as reportedly some 50 percent of Americans now believe in so-called “conspiracies,” it’s very obvious a elite replacement was needed.

Some caveats: Regarding this second point, it’s very likely that many more than 50 percent of Americans believe in conspiracy theories. And the substitution of “fake news” is a very unappealing alternative.

More:

President Barack Obama has spoken out about fake news on Facebook and other media platforms, suggesting that it helped undermine the US political process.

“If we are not serious about facts and what’s true and what’s not, if we can’t discriminate between serious arguments and propaganda, then we have problems,” he said during a press conference in Germany.

Since the surprise election of Donald Trump as president-elect, Facebook has battled accusations that it has failed to stem the flow of misinformation on its network and that its business model leads to users becoming divided into polarized political echo chambers.

Our mission is to cover elite memes – propaganda that scares people into giving more control to the government – and having Obama comment on “fake news” is part of a standard meme reinforcement.

The “fake news” meme is all over search-engine news and prominent people like Obama are speaking out about the meme and basically endorsing it.

But it all strikes us as rather desperate.

Conspiracy Theory is far less prone to analysis than “fake news.” It has persisted so long and been so successful because it is difficult to quantify a “conspiracy” and thus the dismissal cannot be either confirmed or denied.

“Fake news” however, lends itself to fact-checking. One may not wish for a variety of reasons to delve into “conspiracy theory,” but if someone is told he or she is espousing fake news, the resultant irritation may move that person to further research.

When we coined the term Internet Reformation, our idea was that the information available via the ‘Net would generate a gradual process of enlightenment – and an accretion of truth. In fact, this process is occurring, in fits and starts.

If “conspiracy theory” really has lost impact – and apparently it has – as a way of debunking criticism of the Deep State, this is certainly a setback for modern propaganda.

Additionally, “when it comes to “fake news,” the mainstream media is going to have to speak with one voice in order to disparage factual information.

But fewer and fewer people believe the mainstream media. Thus, if the media places its communicative muscle behind tarring certain cogent criticisms as “false,” it will likely only speed up the decline of mainstream credibility.

Conclusion: Of course, those in power could ban the Internet outright, but it’s probably too late for that – and wouldn’t work effectively in any case

Banned
    Case in point:

Conspiracy theorists claim this footage is proof UFO caused SpaceX rocket explosion

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/conspiracy-theorists-claim-footage-proof-8762665

Yes, there is indeed a valid concern that genuine conspiracy research will be labeled 'fake news' and be dismissed.

That's why, in the list of fake news sites, I had said that I was reluctant. Some of those sites often have genuine information.
    But they all have on more than one occasion published stories that were either entirely made up or so heavily altered / sensationalized that even the core truth can no longer be discerned. One example: a Chinese ufologist said in an interview that he believes we are being visited by extraterrestrials. And that suddenly becomes that the Chinese Govt. has officially disclosed the presence of aliens.

The list is meant as a 'caveat emptor' reminder that one has to extra vigilant in fact checking when relying on information from them.

And when it comes to the YouTube Channels, some of them even explicitly state that they're creating CGI, but still people post the videos as if they're genuine.
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
    - Charles Darwin

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Garuda View Post
    Yes, there is indeed a valid concern that genuine conspiracy research will be labeled 'fake news' and be dismissed.

That's why, in the list of fake news sites, I had said that I was reluctant. Some of those sites often have genuine information.
    But they all have on more than one occasion published stories that were either entirely made up or so heavily altered / sensationalized that even the core truth can no longer be discerned. One example: a Chinese ufologist said in an interview that he believes we are being visited by extraterrestrials. And that suddenly becomes that the Chinese Govt. has officially disclosed the presence of aliens.

The list is meant as a 'caveat emptor' reminder that one has to extra vigilant in fact checking when relying on information from them.

And when it comes to the YouTube Channels, some of them even explicitly state that they're creating CGI, but still people post the videos as if they're genuine.

I think by and large we are on the same page here, but would like to take this a step further. When this list of names are bundled together like we have here for "reference"", and blanket label them with this new buzz term "FAKE NEWS SITES" giving a sort of "subliminal credibility" on balance to the channels and news outlets refereed to as Main Stream Media (especially so soon after the loss of the MSM's prime election candidate) it does begin to look a little suspicious, would you not agree?

With almost all the TV stations, CNN, MSNBC, CBS, NBC, ABC, BBC, SKY NEWS etc (with the possible exception of Fox and I say possible with emphasis) drowning out any sense of balanced coverage, in favor of the "Cabal's globalist bias", I think what we are beginning to now see unfold, is a two prong (pardon the subliminal comparison) approach to 1. causing unnecessary doubt to the final outcome of the election result, and 2. to create a new platform to propel ridicule in place of the soon to be debunked Conspiracy Theorist model.

What is important I believe here, (for Americans especially), is to peel back the layers of the onion and to understand just how these nefarious elitists are managing to play the so-called "left and right" of social divisions against one and other. Fundamental Orwellian philosophy to a progressively dumber population as each years passes by!

Just take a look at the status of the present MSM structure and see where the trend has been moving over the past 50 years.

I think Paul Watson summed it up quite nicely with this humorous rant....

The bottom line here is, we need to be extremely careful not to bundle independent investigative journalism where honest mistakes can be made, with obvious obnoxious websites only after a buck and regardless of truthful reporting.

There are several websites inappropriately listed "for reference" on this forum, which I feel quite certain are making a solid attempt at honest and truthful investigations either in addition, or contrary to the MSM.

Banned
    Whether or not you subscribe to the Brother Nathanael Foundation, he steps on some intriguing analysis here and highlights some of President Elect Trump's promises to disband the media monopoly that has stifled the American consciousness for far too long.

The CIA has had their hands in the major media networks for decades as well. Mockingbird.

Fox News balanced coverage????

Are we going to have to put up with this nonsense for 4yrs?

Emotive stuff that makes you go 'America F*&^ Y$$%' is not news or balanced reporting.

What we need is decent journalism and facts.
    Yeah the major news outlets haven't been great on much investigative journalism for years and have shied away from any coverage of the UFO phenomenon. But if you want some reasonably accurate reporting they aren't that bad.
    Dismissing all the main stream press because they don't agree with your political values is fascism.
    Do you really want to live in a country like Korean or Russia where every article newspaper and TV report is about how great our precious leader is? That's what it's like in those countries. There is NO freedom of speech there.
    That's what you end up with.
    Trump would implement the shame if he gets half a chance. No different from any tin pot despot in numerous countries around the world which are vile places to live.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Longeyes View Post
    Fox News balanced coverage????

Are we going to have to put up with this nonsense for 4yrs?

Emotive stuff that makes you go 'America F*&^ Y$$%' is not news or balanced reporting.

What we need is decent journalism and facts.
    Yeah the major news outlets haven't been great on much investigative journalism for years and have shied away from any coverage of the UFO phenomenon. But if you want some reasonably accurate reporting they aren't that bad.
    Dismissing all the main stream press because they don't agree with your political values is fascism.
    Do you really want to live in a country like Korean or Russia where every article newspaper and TV report is about how great our precious leader is? That's what it's like in those countries. There is NO freedom of speech there.
    That's what you end up with.
    Trump would implement the shame if he gets half a chance. No different from any tin pot despot in numerous countries around the world which are vile places to live.
    Fascinating post Longeyes and I do agree especially the "fair and balanced" logo of Fox News...shear poppycock!

Look, we have a difficult arena here which, when one considers all the ramifications, it is quite possibly, the most important "digital consciousness" that encompasses our planet. As a modern civilization, we simply must get this right as our future depends on it.

Since the days of ancient Rome, the "then" Senate realized just how important it was to satisfy and quell the consciousness of THE MOB! This is WHY they went to such extreme measures and build specters like the coliseum just to keep the Mob preoccupied with "death in the arena" and not take out their animosity on the Senate.

From then on, there have been all kinds of fear mongering from creative wars to the most powerful of them all - RELIGION! and the fear of; "if you don't tow the line, your God up there, sitting in the clouds, will smite you and boil your soul in Hell" etc, etc! Worked great in a day and age when people knew no different.

Now since the invention of the printing press, radio and ultimately television, the methods of the past, became ineffective. This is why independent investigative journalism had to be crushed and crushed it was in favor of subliminal mass media control.

As Brother Nathanial comments in his video above, Trump must do all he can to de-throne these ruthless members of the so called "Khazarian mafia" and their allegiances. Not easy and Trump I fear, will have a difficult time ahead in undertaking the commitment he has made to the American people.

If...he moves forward with this plan, we the people should support him every step of the way. For no matter how you may feel about him, for sure, Donald Trump is the first INDEPENDENT PRESIDENT this country has had in a very very long time.
    Last edited by M-Albion-3D; 11-21-2016 at 10:39 PM.

Well good luck to him, but I think expecting one of the elite to do battle on your behalf is wishful thinking. Independent or not Mr Trump's moral standards seem to exemplify those whom you hope he will pull down.
    The system is rotten and became rotten when you need such the vast sums to run a presidential campaign, other countries are much more wary of the kind of influence that so obviously entails. Will he change that? Bernie would have.
    I think this presidency will be very good for 'Trump Inc' and other fat cats but there will be very little in it for the poor man on the street. Who knows I hope he proves me wrong.