Thread: Are There Walled Cities on Mars in these NASA images?

Are There Walled Cities on Mars in these NASA images?

These are certainly interesting, but I can't tell if they're natural or intelligently made.
    There are straight lines, 5 sided shapes, and repeated shapes, but I'm hoping someone here with image analysis skills can add to the discussion.

Opinions ?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...sa-images.html

I've been gone awhile, quite busy. Editing my second of 4 books, but this is too curious to ignore.

Blog Entries
    Certainly some unusual shapes. The edges almost resemble moats/deep trenches. High strangeness.
    Percival Lowell's canals?

The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but
    progress. -- Joseph Joubert
    Attachment 1008

Interesting images...

Banned

Ring and Cone Structures in Elysium Planitia

Anytime the opportunity arises to analyze MRO images you can count me in, especially when stereo anaglyph images are available from HiRise! http://hirise.lpl.arizona.edu/ESP_025789_1950

An interesting region for sure Southerncross, and upon close evaluation, I would say these are possibly the remains of many "Spire" cones that are numerous throughout this gully. They appear to have been severely weathered by natural Aeolian processes. The "walled breakers" surrounding the spires are extremely tall and quite thin and can be seen clearly in the 3D images I created from the stereo MRO images below.

Also, there are many more recent impact craters with one in particular (seen below in higher contrast window) extending a straight ejector debris flare directly at the lower walled berm, quite odd but then again, perhaps not for Mars.

The square(ish) geometric pattern of the crater walls and their acute pronunciation are amazing in 3D. If you do not have the glasses, here's the link....cheap enough, the clip-on's are the way to go! https://www.amazon.com/Glasses-Presc...rds=3d+glasses

2D

3D

Close up of deteriorating Spire cone or possible a highly weathered impact crater?

Unusual impact ejector or possible artificial ducting of sorts?

High magnification of geometric crater wall - note the eccentric peaks!

The geology that is going to come out of exploration is going to blow everyone's mind. I was reading up on Planet 9 and some of the theories there and when you sit back and look at the makeup and orbits of our solar system (some perpendicular to ours) you just have to scratch your head and realize there's thousands of years of research out there.
    If...IF...we survive as a species, we are going to be amazed by what we find.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by southerncross View Post
    The geology that is going to come out of exploration is going to blow everyone's mind. I was reading up on Planet 9 and some of the theories there and when you sit back and look at the makeup and orbits of our solar system (some perpendicular to ours) you just have to scratch your head and realize there's thousands of years of research out there.
    If...IF...we survive as a species, we are going to be amazed by what we find.
    I do agree and it is already beginning to reveal some magnificent works of art buried in the massive Martian topography a.w.s. In Hebes Chasma for example, there are unbelievable geological creations both natural and artificial which are so fantastic, the human eye has trouble discerning them as massive works of art seen only from high altitude! I will be posting a new thread on Hebes shortly where we can take a close look and examine these findings.

It would be interesting to see what the crater pattern looks like if we take all the objects out. To me it looks like the random cratering is the same in and out of the strange objects. That would make it very old.

<looking at Calkids pic>The other interesting thing is that if a natural process caused the object on the top right to form it's conical structure surround by it's walls, Then why would it not create the same process on the 3 conical structures below it. Instead of 3 distinct sets there are 3 conical structures with one set of walls grouping the whole cluster. Not saying it has to be man made because of that, just that any natural theory would also have to explain that difference.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sansanoy View Post
    It would be interesting to see what the crater pattern looks like if we take all the objects out. To me it looks like the random cratering is the same in and out of the strange objects. That would make it very old.

<looking at Calkids pic>The other interesting thing is that if a natural process caused the object on the top right to form it's conical structure surround by it's walls, Then why would it not create the same process on the 3 conical structures below it. Instead of 3 distinct sets there are 3 conical structures with one set of walls grouping the whole cluster. Not saying it has to be man made because of that, just that any natural theory would also have to explain that difference.
    These images were captured in nadir location above https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nadir and as a result, it's very difficult to ascertain the true shape and height of the crater pattern as well as the "structures" in place.

To resolve this, the MRO has taken stereo images which I've placed above. All is revealed in these
    anaglyph's.

Quote Originally Posted by calikid View Post
    Percival Lowell's canals?

It is not likely, the structures are much too small to be Percival Lowell's canals.

Quote Originally Posted by southerncross View Post
    The geology that is going to come out of exploration is going to blow everyone's mind.

A Dike_(geology) is the more likely structure for the walls. It will be interesting to know more about the geology of the basin in which the structures are found.

M

Mmm, yes, very curious, very interesting...