Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Walking Through The Great Wilderness

Over the last few years I've come to view the needed temple building as something entirely different. I believe the whole third temple building by hands of man is smoke to cover the real deal. Fiction is much easier to believe than the truth. The most popular views can lead away more than they draw toward the truth.

1 Corinthians 3:16-17

Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

Ephesian 2:19-22

Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;

And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:

In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

John 2:19

Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.

Now with all the above verses I can see a much different light than a physical hand built temple by the hands of men.

2 Thessalonians 2:3-4

Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

When "The Eternal" creates New Heavens what will they be filled with? Will it be only the New Adam and the heavenly host that reside with him now,or will they also be populated with massive newer creations as well?

The New Earth I believe is where "The Eternal" will reside. The Government of The Eternal will be based from the New Earth consisting of a heavenly divine counsel of Sons of God.

Very interesting comments by Josephus, the secular Jewish historian who lived through the fall of Jerusalem in the first century AD.

"On the twenty-first of the month Artemisium, there appeared a miraculous phenomenon, passing belief. Indeed, what I am about to relate would, I imagine, have been deemed a fable, were it not for the narratives of eyewitnesses and for the subsequent calamities which deserved to be so signalized. For before sunset throughout all parts of the county chariots were seen in the air and armed battalions hurtling through the clouds and encompassing the cities."

"Moreover, at the feast which is called Pentecost, the priests on entering the inner court of the temple by night, as their custom was in the discharge of their ministrations, reported that they were conscious, first of a commotion and a din, and after that of a voice as of a host, 'We are departing hence'."

"At the ninth hour of the night, so brilliant a light shone round the altar and the sanctuary that it seemed to be broad daylight; and this continued for half an hour."

Were these people witnesses to a battle taking place around that area in the heavens?

Were the good guys protecting those of the land against an evil host of warriors?

Was the voice that of an angelic figure?

Some of it reminded me of The Angel of The Lord going forth to fight and win battles.

If The LORD used heavenly host to battle in the past....."Would The LORD not be the same yesterday,today,and on into the future?"
    Last edited by ScaRZ; 12-14-2016 at 08:29 PM.

I have often wondered about the spiritual interpretation of temple as well. The lord departed the first temple in Ezekiel 10 before it was destroyed so it makes sense that he would depart this one as well. Now there is no need for a temple. The Temple was for sacrifice and the presence of God. There is no longer a need for sacrifice, and the presence of God has come in the Holy Spirit.

There is an interesting parallel to the abomination of desolation standing in the temple and the mark of the beast and Ezekiel 13. In that chapter people wore bands around their wrists and forehead that, depending on how you translate it, held the spirits of the dead, or possibly the specific spirits of the Rephaim. It may be something like a restrained cohabitation. It also seems to be very similar to the spirit working that goes on in modern abductions regarding having ones body cloned and an alien spirit put into it. (Mostly mentioned in the works of Linda Moulton Howe)

Quote Originally Posted by Sansanoy View Post
    I have often wondered about the spiritual interpretation of temple as well. The lord departed the first temple in Ezekiel 10 before it was destroyed so it makes sense that he would depart this one as well. Now there is no need for a temple. The Temple was for sacrifice and the presence of God. There is no longer a need for sacrifice, and the presence of God has come in the Holy Spirit.

There is an interesting parallel to the abomination of desolation standing in the temple and the mark of the beast and Ezekiel 13. In that chapter people wore bands around their wrists and forehead that, depending on how you translate it, held the spirits of the dead, or possibly the specific spirits of the Rephaim. It may be something like a restrained cohabitation. It also seems to be very similar to the spirit working that goes on in modern abductions regarding having ones body cloned and an alien spirit put into it. (Mostly mentioned in the works of Linda Moulton Howe)

I agree Sansanoy, very good to have you join in the thread. Our bodies as you referred to are the temple. There is no doubt that we also can defile our temple. This antichrist spirit can fill our temple and become our lord. This antichrist will become a replacement for the real deal. We can open up our temple and very quickly a false spirit moves in.

I don't believe the mark of the beast is a chip implant,bar code,or any type of tattoo placed on or underneath the skin of the forehead or the hand. I believe if you look at scripture you will find clues that the mark of the beast is a counterfeit of the Seal of God.

Those who receive the mark will give their alliance to the system as well as the controlling force behind the system. They will carry with them his number which is a name,which is a mark in their minds.

This can also be seen with God also. Notice in Revelation 22:3-4 that those who serve God will carry with them his name in their foreheads just like those who serve The Beast.

Who do we serve?
    Who do we work for?
    Who do we believe?
    Who do we love?
    Who do we honor?
    Who do we worship?
    Who do we follow?

Revelation 22:3-4

And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:

And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads.
    Last edited by ScaRZ; 12-15-2016 at 09:54 PM.

Thanks.

I definitely see the parallels and contrast between the mark of the beast and Gods people having God's name on their heads. In Ezekiel 9 Gods people were marked as contrary, or in contrast to the rest of the people. The emphasis was on them being not like the rest of Israel. They were marked in a visionary experience of Ezekiel and in Revelation 7 they are sealed on their foreheads secretly as before. But in the case of the beast the word mark is Charagma which is strongly tied as a physical identifier of alignment, like a brand. The brand was required to buy or sell which makes it seem even more like a physical mark. That said it's likely not the mark that is what matters but whatever process of allegiance is required to receive the mark, so maybe it's both really. Physical and mental. For example a bar code or chip wouldn't send you to hell, at least not now, but maybe later it becomes part of a larger process of allegiance to which it is the final merit badge signaling completion. Not harmful in itself but it may become representative of something later. It could also be something physical that is simultaneously something spiritual like the magic bands. There is nothing in the text to suggest it's the magic bands though, that was just a curious thought I had.
    Last edited by Sansanoy; 12-15-2016 at 11:18 PM.

I'm reading up on the temple now, including those Old Testament sources cited in the most recent posts here. Fascinating stuff and I'd like to know more about this topic.

As a product of Catholic parochial schools, I distinctly recall the nuns saying that the stories in the Old Testament were nothing but allegorical renderings and nothing more. In short, there was zero focus on it in my catechism classes except for a few tidbits gleaned from that book about how people lived back then, geography and ancient Jewish laws and traditions.

Other than when Jesus and his family visited the temple when he was child and in his adult years when he threw out the traders in the courtyard there, the temple was referred to mostly on an esoteric level as the following (source: wiki):

Jesus predicts the destruction of the Second Temple (Matthew 24:2) and allegorically compares his body to a Temple that will be torn down and raised up again in three days. This idea, of the Temple as the body of Christ, became a rich and multi-layered theme in medieval Christian thought (where Temple/body can be the heavenly body of Christ, the ecclesial body of the Church, and the Eucharistic body on the altar)
    Last edited by A99; 12-15-2016 at 11:31 PM.
    HTML Code:
    For it is in giving that we receive.
    ~ St. Francis of Assisi

Quote Originally Posted by A99 View Post
    As a product of Catholic parochial schools, I distinctly recall the nuns saying that the stories in the Old Testament were nothing but allegorical renderings and nothing more. In short, there was zero focus on it in my catechism classes except for a few tidbits gleaned from that book about how people lived back then, geography and ancient Jewish laws and traditions.
    I didn't do any better in my protestant upbringing (Methodist so kinda close). The only thing that was brought up out of the old testament was the fun stuff, Genesis 1-2, Tower of Babel, Samson, etc. It was mostly new testament focus and other than 1 Sunday school teacher most classes were on "Godly behavior in the modern world" and how you could be sinning and not know it. There was very little in the way of building a Christian foundation.

James 2:17 reminds us that "faith of itself, if it does not have work, is dead." In verse 24 James says, "See how a person is justified by works and not by faith alone." And later: "For just as a body without a spirit is dead, so also faith without works is dead" (2:26)

We were taught that by the good nuns and brothers in my youth but it's unfortunate that, back then, Bible Study didn't exist in the Catholic Church and as I got older, I realized how important Bible Study is to acquire, as you say, a Christian Foundation.
    HTML Code:
    For it is in giving that we receive.
    ~ St. Francis of Assisi

Mike Heiser Interview with John Ventre of UFOs Over Pittsburgh: Part 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=P...&v=XwilnlNrDSM

Part 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1z3mVQR6mE