Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: An Ontological Voyage, With Added Woo Woo !

Thanks for answering my questions and looking forward to your continuing v.v. interesting story.

I read something by Whitely Schrieber about the nature of these types of memories & how after a while they don't seem like memories anymore but like vague dreams.
    Interesting point... thanks for sharing that.
    HTML Code:
    For it is in giving that we receive.
    ~ St. Francis of Assisi

Part 7

This was a difficult period, and took a long time too.

Well, I kinda got pulled slowly into a cult, it was called ‘Gnosis’ and was or rather is ( it just keeps re-appearing ) based on the books of a certain Samael Aun Weor, the problem was that a lot of he said was true, the rest you couldn’t verify if you weren’t ‘advanced’ enough so it was hard to debunk, like the buddism etc it was largely lifted from.

It was the people who ran it & the people who went mad who made me walk away in the end, and when I said people went mad, I mean really frighteningly insane.

There were practices for concentration, meditation, astral projection, raising the kundalini and so on, it became clear that no one had any success with any of them !

During those years my health deteriorated, shortly after meeting the woman that was to become my wife it collapsed completely, I sold my business & turned my limited attention & even more limited attention to rebuilding a 4x4, engine gearboxes etc, it kept me sane.

We decided to get away from everything for a while & put an advert in the local paper for a holiday home to rent for the winter in France or Spain, someone took us up on it & we ended up in a backwater of the most under populated department of France, the 4x4 turned out to be essential that winter !

The house was an old farm house, it had no close neighbours & the only house within sight was unoccupied.

Whilst there my nerves actually became much worse, I couldn’t face going to bed & would frequently stay up till first light reading (fortunately the house was stocked with books) then when I slept I couldn’t wake up, often finding it difficult to get up early enough to get to the shops before they closed in the evening for supplies.

I don’t know what was going on whilst I was asleep but it wasn’t nice, the dreams or what else was possibly going on.

On one of the nights I couldn’t sleep due to the sense of dread & foreboding that overwhelmed me I went out for a roll up & to see what the temperature was as it was extremely cold (-16 °c) & the Hale- Bopp comet was highly visible.

I was staring at the incredible sight of the comet when I had the type of feeling you get when being watched.

I turned around & there were three red lights in the sky, forming a perfect triangle, one at the front & two at the back, it was very low (couple of hundred feet up max) & very slow (like 30mph )coming over the side of the house (the side our bedroom was on oddly enough).

In a split second a lot of thoughts went through my mind, there was no sound what so ever, (on a silent & still night,) and the lights were too close together to be helicopters, the lights would also have been on the wrong side.

( If this was an aircraft it had its right side facing me, the red light is always on the port or left side )

This thing slowly passed & then just disappeared only a short distance away.

Due to the dense cloud over that section of the sky it was not possible to see if it was a structured craft, all I could see was the red lights, I have the feeling only the lights were “manifested” in this dimension & the rest wasn’t.

Like most people I had watched the ‘X-Files’ & so I checked my watch, no missing time, it was still around 2.30 am !

Just for the record I had no interest as such in ufos & had never read about the subject, also I was not on medication, recreational drugs & I didn’t drink either.

I didn’t tell my wife because I didn’t want to frighten her, and just filed it away in my “crazy shiz” file & didn’t think about it again for many years.

Do you ever feel like you're in some kind of an experiment or like a lab rat where beings are watching everything you say and do...where they are simultaneously discussing their various observations they have about you amongst themselves?
    HTML Code:
    ~ St. Francis of Assisi

Quote Originally Posted by A99 View Post
    Do you ever feel like you're in some kind of an experiment or like a lab rat where beings are watching everything you say and do...where they are simultaneously discussing their various observations they have about you amongst themselves?
    The first part, very much so !

At times I forget & just pass the day doing what ever that day entails, but then I will bump up against the invisible 'bars of this cage' & the strange nature of my existence is thrown into sharp relief, I have not been able to live as others do, but my needs are catered for very well, it means I don't interact with any thing very much, although I'm hoping that can change next year.

It all seems to have been about ontological perspective, I have little control over what happens in my life, I worry a lot about things but everything always works out like a script.

Time constraints have slowed down my output but this isn't finished yet !

These days, the words 'ontological' and 'metaphysical' are usually used interchangeably. By using the word 'ontological' in the heading of this thread, are you implying that your experiences themselves are metaphysical or are you using the word 'ontological' in context to the spiritual transformational aspects of your experiences?

Just wondering but do you believe that UFO you saw was interdimensional? If not, could explain what you think it was then?

And also, did its appearance cause a significant shift in your overall POV of the nature of reality or did it merely affect your view on the topic of aliens and if they are visiting our planet or not?
    Last edited by A99; 12-23-2016 at 09:09 AM.
    HTML Code:
    ~ St. Francis of Assisi

Also, without being too specific, the area you live in and its demographics is an interesting and unique one, to say the least. Do you think that there are more people in your neck-of-the-woods who have had extraordinary experiences including UFO sightings and so on, than most other people out there? Your town, after all, has the most expensive real-estate on the planet. Are the 1% more apt to have had such experiences than everyone else? Would you care to share your observations about that?
    HTML Code:
    ~ St. Francis of Assisi

These days, the words 'ontological' and 'metaphysical' are usually used interchangeably. By using the word 'ontological' in the heading of this thread, are you implying that your experiences themselves are metaphysical or are you using the word 'ontological' in context to the spiritual transformational aspects of your experiences?

Just wondering but do you believe that UFO you saw was interdimensional? If not, could explain what you think it was then?

And also, did its appearance cause a significant shift in your overall POV of the nature of reality or did it merely affect your view on the topic of aliens and if they are visiting our planet or not?
    I think both meanings of the word ontological are applicable, but I had the John Mack use of the word in mind, the minds grasp of reality & it's workings & how that effects the world & ones relationship with it.

I do lean towards interdimensional rather than 'cloaking' as an explanation, esp after reading books by John Keel & Jaques Vallee, not to mention the later things that happened. (Which I will get to when I get the time).

It wasn't the first UFO I had seen, but this one seemed 'personal' and I knew in my heart it had come to take me, I just couldn't admit it to myself.

A year or so before this incident I had been going from my parents house to the greenhouse to water the tomatoes when all of a sudden there was a classic silver saucer in the sky, it wasn't too close, but was close enough that I am 100% certain that it wasn't something else. It was early afternoon & a clear sky.

I did experience a shift in POV about the nature of reality, tbh my POV has been moving all my life, hence the title of this thread !

At one point I did think they were aliens, I no longer think that.

Also, without being too specific, the area you live in and its demographics is an interesting and unique one, to say the least. Do you think that there are more people in your neck-of-the-woods who have had extraordinary experiences including UFO sightings and so on, than most other people out there? Your town, after all, has the most expensive real-estate on the planet. Are the 1% more apt to have had such experiences than everyone else? Would you care to share your observations about that?

I have lived in a few places & atm I don't live in or near a town, I couldn't say how many people see these things, for instance we regularly get a group of enormous vultures fly over & no one else has seen them ( I have photos & the ornithologists who track them say they fly over too ).

I wouldn't put my self in the 1 % but I am very fortunate in my circumstances.

Before I started researching UFO & using the internet there was one odd thing happened.

My wife & I were going out to have a meal with some friends who regularly vacationed at a nearby Priory, and just before we left home completely out of the blue my wife said "don't talk about ufos will you ?"

This was very odd as I never talked about ufos, I had no interest in them at the time & would have forgotten this remark if it wasn't for the fact that during the meal one of the party (a university lecturer ) turned towards me & said "Do you believe in ufos ?" I remembered what my wife had said & dutifully said "No"

The question was not in response to anything that had been said that evening, or previously.

I suspect they had seen one, the priory was in the flight path of two orbs I accidentally captured on camera & posted on here years ago

Whoops! Sorry for the mix-up. Had not had my coffee yet early this morning when I posted those questions about your location but then later it dawned on me that somebody else here lives there (Malibu, Ca)... not you.

Anyway, thanks for answering my questions and will comment on your feedback on that later today after I finish some last minute Christmas shopping.
    HTML Code:
    ~ St. Francis of Assisi

Whoops! Sorry for the mix-up. Had not had my coffee yet early this morning when I posted those questions about your location but then later it dawned on me that somebody else here lives there (Malibu, Ca)... not you.

Anyway, thanks for answering my questions and will comment on your feedback on that later today after I finish some last minute Christmas shopping.

No problems, I hope the shopping went well, I do all mine by the internet now !