Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: JAR Magazine on MILABs

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Garuda View Post
    First, MK used various technologies that have nothing to do with post-hypnotic suggestion.
    Two, the CIA taking advantage of people belongs to their normal repertoire, as they are prone to do things that most people would consider morally wrong, which they justify to themselves as being done 'for the greater good.'
    Three, Derren Brown is an illusionist who occasionally uses hypnosis, but that doesn't mean everything his subjects do is done under hypnosis or post-hypnotic suggestion.

Hence my question: what evidence do you actually have to state that it's a fallacy that hypnosis cannot make one do things they wouldn't normally do?
    I studied regression therapy myself, and have many friends who are regression therapists and hypnotherapists who do not agree with your assessment.

Having said that, I do believe that there are other mind control techniques that can achieve things hypnosis cannot, and combining techniques could lead to even further-going results.
    I do recall when the original "Manchurian Candidate" came out (1960s?), there was some talk that it was NOT realistic to claim a person could be conditioned to kill against their will.
    The studies of that period said hypnotic conditioning could not compel a person to commit such a heinous act if the person was not pre-disposed to such an act to begin with.

Granted that research is decades old.
    Are there more recent studies I am unaware of?
    Please share Garuda, I always welcome an opportunity to learn of new findings.
    The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but
    progress. -- Joseph Joubert
    Attachment 1008

Indoctrination and brainwashing are inclusive within hypnotic conditioning. Am I right about that?
    HTML Code:
    For it is in giving that we receive.
    ~ St. Francis of Assisi