Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My Health Crisis with a Spontaneous OBE

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by A99 View Post
    M-Al
    Well, it seems like you're running on all of your cylinders now, at least based on how insightful and coherent your posts are in this forum which, btw, is definitely the fast lane.

As for your lucid dreams, don't hesitate to
    jot down the ones that you think might be giving you a message of some sort. Even making a sketch of what you saw in the dream can turn out to be very illuminating on one level or another.

I can relate with you on how lucid dreams can be so hyper-real, they make our waking states seem so prosaic in comparison. I'm sure one of these days you'll have a lucid dream that will reveal new information to you. Information that you never would have received in your wake state of consciousness.

As for OBE's and lucid dreams. I've had combo's of that myself as well as intentional OBE's where the practitioner starts out in a meditative state. For me it's a hit/miss thing ... what happens, happens and for the most part, when they do occur, they are more spontaneous than anything else. My ability to be able to do that, waxes and wanes... The separation part can be very scary and even physically uncomfortable... for this reason I'm more apt to not engage in such activities, intentionally, for that reason alone.

P.S. -- I'm female... a female Moses! lol
    Sounds more like Vivid dreaming vs Lucid dreaming.
    I know some meds cause me to have more vivid dreams (in my case, the occasional non-opioid pain med for arthritis).
    Wonder if this might be the cause?

M-Albion-3D, any postop meds? I think side effect of vivid dreams is often listed, if you read package inserts.
    The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but
    progress. -- Joseph Joubert
    Attachment 1008

There's a vast difference between regular dreams (be they be vivid or not) and lucid dreaming. The differences between the two are striking.
    Also, it's true that many drugs and alcohol do have an effect on ones dreams. I once was on medication that gave me horrible, very vivid nightmares. But just because a dream was drug induced does not take away from the dream itself and what the dream may be saying to you... if anything. Illness and stress can cause very vivid dreams too ... including the lucid ones.
    HTML Code:
    For it is in giving that we receive.
    ~ St. Francis of Assisi

Here's a short wiki definition of Lucid Dreams:

A lucid dream is a dream during which the dreamer is aware of dreaming. During lucid dreaming, the dreamer may be able to exert some degree of control over the dream characters, narrative, and environment.
    HTML Code:
    ~ St. Francis of Assisi

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by A99 View Post
    Here's a short wiki definition of Lucid Dreams:
    Thanks for that, but I was already well acquainted with the differences.
    Which is why I think Vivid Dream more closely matches his description.

If he was "aware you are dreaming", he would not be confused between the dream and the wake state.

LUCID: I am dreaming, and I know this is a dream.
    VIVID is more: Upon waking, that sure seemed real (unaware actually in a dream), so realistic possibly has unusually good memory of the dream.

But maybe he can share more to clarify.
    Still wonder if meds involved...
    Attachment 1008

Oh, ok.... thanks for pointing that out.
    HTML Code:
    ~ St. Francis of Assisi

Blog Entries
    BTW, thanks for the "get well" wishes guys.
    Feels like A.A.; it's been three days since my last dose of Robitussin DM.
    Ha!
    Attachment 1008

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by calikid View Post
    Sounds more like Vivid dreaming vs Lucid dreaming.
    I know some meds cause me to have more vivid dreams (in my case, the occasional non-opioid pain med for arthritis).
    Wonder if this might be the cause?

M-Albion-3D, any postop meds? I think side effect of vivid dreams is often listed, if you read package inserts.
    Oh yes, several in fact. Beta blockers, Plavix, statin, babe aspirin but the mega dosage has been Gabapentin for the stroke which I take 2,400 mil a day and not all of the time but some just sends me straight to sleep just like "missing time" don't even remember nodding off!

My entire life I have never been a pill popper, oh well, at least I can walk like a 24 year old now as the op was amazing. I must have been blocked up for many years.

Which brings me to a word of advice for what it's worth. My cardiologist advised me of this. As we age, into our 40's and 50's if at all possible, try to have a way of convincing your health insurance to get an "angiogram" - it's a real life saver! He was telling me that so many people die suddenly not so much from actual heart disease but from arterial blockage which builds up over a long period of time never really noticing the effect until one day, boom, on the ground and it's all over except for the daisy's!

The angiogram although a tad invasive, has the "ink" tell the condition and if there's a problem, a shunt or stint can be immediately inserted to "open to the pipe" so to speak. In my case, the blockages were right at the heart and in that case, bypass is the only option.

But it save my life! Food for thought guys.....
    Last edited by M-Albion-3D; 01-28-2017 at 10:15 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Albion-3D View Post
    Oh yes, several in fact. Beta blockers, Plavix, statin, babe aspirin but the mega dosage has been Gabapentin for the stroke which I take 2,400 mil a day and not all of the time but some just sends me straight to sleep just like "missing time" don't even remember nodding off!

My entire life I have never been a pill popper, oh well, at least I can walk like a 24 year old now as the op was amazing. I must have been blocked up for many years.

Which brings me to a word of advice for what it's worth. My cardiologist advised me of this. As we age, into our 40's and 50's if at all possible, try to have a way of convincing your health insurance to get an "angiogram" - it's a real life saver! He was telling me that so many people die suddenly not so much from actual heart disease but from arterial blockage which builds up over a long period of time never really noticing the effect until one day, boom, on the ground and it's all over except for the daisy's!

The angiogram although a tad invasive, has the "ink" tell the condition and if there's a problem, a shunt or stint can be immediately inserted to "open to the pipe" so to speak. In my case, the blockages were right at the heart and in that case, bypass is the only option.

If it is not to personal, How many CABG grafts did you get?
    X2? X3?

I Looked up Gabapentin, no mention of vivid dreams in PDR.... maybe one of the others.
    Attachment 1008

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by calikid View Post
    If it is not to personal, How many CABG grafts did you get?
    X2? X3?

I Looked up Gabapentin, no mention of vivid dreams in PDR.... maybe one of the others.
    No worries, if I can share my experience to help others, I'm in. Yes, the op was X3 CABG. The op certainly did the trip though! My rib cage is a bit of a problem though, being checked out now for a tad misalignment as the wires are still in. Oh boy, hope not as I don't fancy another op! LOL

Had another vivid last night, truly amazing as I'm in a different world and when I wake, it's like coming back to a lesser sense of reality if you catch the drift. It takes about 5 mins to come back to myself. I'm working on it. May be I've been spending too much time on Mars, figuratively. There's some incredible realities on this planet which I have yet to share here on the forum and trying to get my head around if I should or not...hmmm?

Thanks for asking Cal, appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by M-Albion-3D View Post

Much food for thought indeed! Thanks for bringing this up and I plan on asking my doctor about an angiogram next time I see her. The only medication I normally take everyday are a couple of pills for high blood pressure but an angiogram would be the prudent thing to have, at least once a year or so.
    Last edited by A99; 01-29-2017 at 09:05 PM.
    HTML Code:
    ~ St. Francis of Assisi