Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 10 Safest Countries if WW3 Breaks Out. (vid)

10 Safest Countries if WW3 Breaks Out. (vid)

The southern part of Chile looks good to me because it's so close to Antarctica which is a safe place to go to escape nuclear fallout. Yet, for those who can afford it in Silicon Valley, New Zealand is their destination.

Interesting video on the 10 safest places to consider moving to, just in case things go south in the global political theater.

Here are the 10 countries in their list for that.

10. Switzerland
    9. Tuvalu
    8. New Zealand
    7. Bhutan
    6. Chile
    5. Iceland
    4. Denmark/Greenland
    3. Malta
    2. Ireland
    1. Fiji
    Last edited by A99; 03-06-2017 at 01:07 AM.
    HTML Code:
    For it is in giving that we receive.
    ~ St. Francis of Assisi

Blog Entries
    You might find this old movie very interesting.
    Grim Topic, good movie.

On The Beach starring Gregory Peck

A US Submarine discovers all nations are devoid of human life after a nuclear exchange.
    Only Australia has people left, and the nuclear fall out is blowing their way.
    The remaining people are finding interesting ways to commit suicide, like enrolling in an auto race with your prize Ferrari in the hopes you will die in a crash.
    Because after WWIII, there IS NO SAFE PLACE.

The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but
    progress. -- Joseph Joubert
    Attachment 1008

LOL I just watched "On the Beach" again last month.

The one scene that has stuck with me since I first saw this movie as a teen was the discovery of the coke bottle on the cord blowing in the wind in a dead world.

This movie is one of the reasons I've always maintained that the people building deep hiddy holes are just digging elaborate tombs where the will try living off the nutritional value of gold bullion.

I still believe we can save our species and the planet... Though it will be hard! Admittedly loving others as our selves is something that can only be done if one loves/ esteems ones self.

Altruism is not dead...
    Last edited by whoknows; 03-06-2017 at 07:12 PM.

I think that whole list is a bit arbitrary...

If Europe gets nuked, no one in Switzerland will be able to survive either. It'll just take them a bit longer to die.

Why New Zealand? They're part of the 'five eyes', so the chances of them getting hit are as high as they are for Australia.

And why include Chile and not Argentina, e.g.?

The video is more entertainment than reality.
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
    - Charles Darwin

Personally, I take a policy of "what happens, happens" in cases such as these. Garuda is perfectly right in pointing out that NZ would be a very bad place to be in the event of a nuclear exchange; passing by the Devonport naval base regularly is not exactly encouraging either.

Now, if you want something that has a more interesting take on another more probable scenario try the 1980's film "Virus": https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virus_(1980_film)
    I watched that one as a child, which was, unfortunately, the shorter version without the final reunion.

Much like a war involving a nuclear exchange, it brings home the fact that a Biological weapon would be just as devastating in the long run. But it is more likely that someone will make a virus that alters the human genome of certain races so that they only have male children... there is a true horror story, one that takes multiple generations to be noticed, and causes a silent genocide that will have Genohistorians sifting through birth records and aborting the unborn for hundreds of years.

I had one of my weird dreams last night.

We had an ELE but it wasn't due to nukes, it was a pandemic; the vector being those now ubiquitous DVD rental kiosk. Seems people leaving there greasy fingerprints all over the DVD was the culprit...

North Korea warns of nuclear war if U.S. drill turns to 'actual fighting'

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ing/584166001/

Those drills begin tomorrow and last for 10 days. With the way things have been going lately, anything can happen. Will be keeping an eye on my crystal ball on this one. That's for sure.

Last edited by A99; 08-21-2017 at 02:09 AM.
    HTML Code:
    ~ St. Francis of Assisi

Aussies join US, South Korea wargames

Australia will join the United States and South Korea in a joint exercise called Ulchi Freedom Guardian (UFG) next week, the Pentagon says.

The exercise, which runs for 10 days, starting on August 21, involves about 17,500 US service members in addition to troops from Australia, Canada, Columbia, Denmark, New Zealand, the Netherlands and Britain, the Pentagon said on Friday.

http://www.newshub.co.nz/home/world/...-wargames.html
    HTML Code:
    ~ St. Francis of Assisi

Exclamation Winter is coming

WINTER IS COMING
    North Korean missile flies over Japan
    Prompts 'evacuation warning'
    Last edited by A99; 08-29-2017 at 12:57 AM.
    HTML Code:
    ~ St. Francis of Assisi

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by A99 View Post

WINTER IS COMING
    North Korean missile flies over Japan
    Prompts 'evacuation warning'
    Not like our boys are sitting on their hands....

Drones Will Help Protect Guam From North Korean Missiles
    A June 2016 test showed that drones can track missiles, promising better protection for forces and allies under threat of a North Korean missile strike.

POWAY, California — Teams of modified MQ-9 Reaper drones are being prepped to keep airborne eyes on North Korea, ready to track missile launches and feed crucial data to Navy interceptor warships far offshore, the drones’ maker says.

A June 2016 missile defense drill called Pacific Dragon, which brought together the militaries of Japan, the U.S., and South Korea, showed that a pair of modified MQ-9 Reaper drones could effectively track a ballistic missile. The successful tracking was due in part to special Multi-Spectral Targeting System C sensors from Raytheon aboard the drones. Their electro-optical infrared sensors can detect the heat of a missile as it enters its boost phase. A pair of these modified drones can triangulate on the plume to obtain 3D targeting data, helping interceptor ships draw a better bead on the flying missiles.

Now General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, which makes the Reaper, is working to improve its ability to contribute to missile defense.
    Story Continues
    The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but
    progress. -- Joseph Joubert
    Attachment 1008