Thread: Mirror of original open minds forum?

Mirror of original open minds forum?

Hey all - long time member of the original open minds forum. Looking to review some info that was on there - anyone have a mirror to that site or perhaps an archive somewhere?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamoftheiris View Post
    Hey all - long time member of the original open minds forum. Looking to review some info that was on there - anyone have a mirror to that site or perhaps an archive somewhere?
    Hello. Nice to see you posting dreamoftheiris.

For OMF links; there used to be a (LARGE 200Mb+) downloadable RAR compressed file, link.
    File contained a large chunk of OMF.
    Add Note: Link is no longer active for RAR file. Maybe someone can share?

Also, many of the old OMF pages were cached on a site called "thewaybackmachine"

Both links are mentioned in other older threads here at TOP.

Maybe you can search the links out here on the forum, or I can dig them up later as time permits. (See below).
    The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but
    progress. -- Joseph Joubert
    Attachment 1008

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by calikid View Post
    Hello. Nice to see you posting dreamoftheiris.

For OMF links; there used to be a (LARGE 200Mb+) downloadable RAR compressed file, link.
    File contained a large chunk of OMF.
    Add Note: Link is no longer active for RAR file. Maybe someone can share?

Also, many of the old OMF pages were cached on a site called "thewaybackmachine.com"

Both links are mentioned in other older threads here at TOP.

Maybe you can search the links out here on the forum, or I can dig them up later as time permits.
    I did find ANOTHER link mentioned in a different thread that seems to still be active (ie Offers to download an OMF archive file).

http://openmindsforum.com/OpenMindsForum.rar )

I can make no guarantee beyond saying it appears to be the same file I safely downloaded a few years ago, but as always exercise caution.
    Disclaimer: File did NOT originate with myself, or any staff at TOP Forum.
    Just to be safe, always a good idea to make sure virus scanners are active, and updated.

ALSO.
    And here is the link to OMF on The Way Back Machine:
    https://web.archive.org/web/20110820...com/index.cgi?
    The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but
    progress. -- Joseph Joubert
    Attachment 1008

Perfect thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by calikid View Post
    I did find ANOTHER link mentioned in a different thread that seems to still be active (ie Offers to download an OMF archive file).

http://openmindsforum.com/OpenMindsForum.rar )

I can make no guarantee beyond saying it appears to be the same file I safely downloaded a few years ago, but as always exercise caution.
    Disclaimer: File did NOT originate with myself, or any staff at TOP Forum.
    Just to be safe, always a good idea to make sure virus scanners are active, and updated.

ALSO.
    And here is the link to OMF on The Way Back Machine:
    https://web.archive.org/web/20110820...com/index.cgi?

While we're on the subject of OMF, might as well mention that the sixth anniversary of Etherian's (Doug Chaffee) passing is coming up a little later this month (the 26th).

Even after all these years, I still miss his down-to-earth assessments of any given issue or topic... and most of all, his dry sense of humor and what I call his "Etherianism's" that I, once in a while, will pepper my posts with, just for the fun of it, hoping some long timers from OMF here will recognize them. The last one being, "better learn how to say Dearest Leader in Chinese" wrt any attempt by the U.S. in trying to discipline North Korea in any way, shape or form. I posted that one in the 2017 Predictions thread a couple of weeks or so ago.

A few years back, completely out-of-the-blue, he popped into a minds eye vision I had during a meditation session where he was standing in front of a black board and writing and sketching things out on it. He seemed to be teaching a class up there on something. Or maybe it's something that's even more than that. Anyway, in that vision, he then stopped in mid-sentence, looked in my direction, and smiled. It was a message to me that he's still very much with us in mind and spirit. That he never really left us and that he's still hanging around; I found that very reassuring.
    Last edited by A99; 04-10-2017 at 07:54 PM.
    HTML Code:
    For it is in giving that we receive.
    ~ St. Francis of Assisi

Quote Originally Posted by A99 View Post
    While we're on the subject of OMF, might as well mention that the sixth anniversary of Etherian's (Doug Chaffee) passing is coming up a little later this month (the 26th).

Even after all these years, I still miss his down-to-earth assessments of any given issue or topic... and most of all, his dry sense of humor and what I call his "Etherianism's" that I, once in a while, will pepper my posts with, just for the fun of it, hoping some long timers from OMF here will recognize them. The last one being, "better learn how to say Dearest Leader in Chinese" wrt any attempt by the U.S. in trying to discipline North Korea in any way, shape or form. I posted that one in the 2017 Predictions thread a couple of weeks or so ago.

A few years back, completely out-of-the-blue, he popped into a minds eye vision I had during a meditation session where he was standing in front of a black board and writing and sketching things out on it. He seemed to be teaching a class up there on something. Or maybe it's something that's even more than that. Anyway, in that vision, he then stopped in mid-sentence, looked in my direction, and smiled. It was a message to me that he's still very much with us in mind and spirit. That he never really left us and that he's still hanging around; I found that very reassuring.
    He had wisdom...