Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Mars Anomaly - Odd Looking Piece Across From Cape St. Vincent/Victoria Crater

  1. #1

    Mars Anomaly - Odd Looking Piece Across From Cape St. Vincent/Victoria Crater

    Deleted post, as I cannot post an image any larger than a "thumb-nail here!!
    Last edited by rdunk; 04-25-2017 at 12:52 AM.

  2. #2
    The [ img ] tag can contain a URL to an image on a different server. So, if you upload the image to anywhere else, you can show it here.
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

    Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
    - Charles Darwin

  3. #3
    Senior Member M-Albion-3D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Malibu, California
    Posts
    372
    Quote Originally Posted by rdunk View Post
    Deleted post, as I cannot post an image any larger than a "thumb-nail here!!
    Hey rdunk, I recently took a membership with "Imageshack" and can highly recommend it. The site uses easy drag and drop and works fast and efficiently. Here's a screenshot of the user interface:



    As you can see here, it steers you easily to create a link (shown in dark yellow above) just copy and paste directly into our forum and there are a couple of drop down tabs too, which you can select the size of your image you want to paste. So no resizing required as you can do it in the Imageshack software - nice feature!

    https://imageshack.com/discover

    I look forward to seeing your find in Victoria Crater!

    Best,
    Mal
    "The more you look, the more you see...the more you see, the more you know"
    - M.Scott

  4. #4
    Thanks guys for trying to help, but........... I do use postimage.org, and it works very well for me, except here, for some reason. I click on the "insert image" tag here, use postimage.org to upload the photo, copy/paste the postimage url in the "insert image" URL space, and except for the "thumbnail size" (150x112), I get back a message that says "too large" by number of kb's too large.

    Yes, it is a little aggravating because for me postimage.org does work very well, and I can see that others are posting normal size .jpg photos. What an I missing? Are there still member account file size limits here that might be precluding a normal url linked photo size to be posted - I did have photo posting problems with that some years back.......early-on when I was just posting the actual photos??

    I will keep trying!!

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by rdunk View Post
    Thanks guys for trying to help, but........... I do use postimage.org, and it works very well for me, except here, for some reason. I click on the "insert image" tag here, use postimage.org to upload the photo, copy/paste the postimage url in the "insert image" URL space, and except for the "thumbnail size" (150x112), I get back a message that says "too large" by number of kb's too large.

    Yes, it is a little aggravating because for me postimage.org does work very well, and I can see that others are posting normal size .jpg photos. What an I missing? Are there still member account file size limits here that might be precluding a normal url linked photo size to be posted - I did have photo posting problems with that some years back.......early-on when I was just posting the actual photos??

    I will keep trying!!
    That's not the correct way to do it. If you 'upload' FROM postimage.org, you'll get the thumbnail version.

    You have to upload to postimage.org, then just find the URL of the image and put it in between the [ img ] and [ /img ] tags here on the forum (without the spaces in the tags. If I leave the spaces out here, the software would think I'm actually trying to show an image.)
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

    Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
    - Charles Darwin

  6. #6
    Garuda, how do I get the [img][img] tags? I can't find the right button! For me, the "insert image" button in the tool bar doesn't bring up the image tags.

  7. #7
    I finally made posting my photo work....... as Garuda suggested!! This view is looking across the "nose" of Cape St Vincent in Victoria crater. I did find this anomaly a few years ago, but don't think I have posted it here. Certainly looks unnatural to me.

    Here is a link to the NASA photo - - https://www.nasa.gov/images/content/...t-20071220.jpg

    Last edited by rdunk; 04-26-2017 at 12:23 AM.

  8. #8
    Just FYI, there certainly are numerous other anomalies on Cape St. Vincent, including the now well known "Egyptian Statue" which also can be seen from a side view in the prior posted NASA Photo link ( https://www.nasa.gov/images/content/...t-20071220.jpg )

  9. #9
    Senior Member M-Albion-3D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Malibu, California
    Posts
    372
    Quote Originally Posted by rdunk View Post
    I finally made posting my photo work....... as Garuda suggested!! This view is looking across the "nose" of Cape St Vincent in Victoria crater. I did find this anomaly a few years ago, but don't think I have posted it here. Certainly looks unnatural to me.

    Here is a link to the NASA photo - - https://www.nasa.gov/images/content/...t-20071220.jpg

    A little closer and contrast corrected for evaluation.

    "The more you look, the more you see...the more you see, the more you know"
    - M.Scott

  10. #10
    Thanks Mal - just to add further, here is a slightly higher mag shot I also did in 2013. Still can see the shapes pretty well! Very straight lines and specific geometric angles are obvious - even though this anomaly does seem somewhat "bent".


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •