Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Has Mufon lost the plot?

Has Mufon lost the plot?

I'm starting to think MUFON has completely lost the plot...

A conference that includes Andrew Basiago and Corey Goode?

Unless the purpose is to expose them?

What do you think?
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
    - Charles Darwin

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Garuda View Post
    I'm starting to think MUFON has completely lost the plot...

A conference that includes Andrew Basiago and Corey Goode?

Unless the purpose is to expose them?

What do you think?
    The MUFON Director received complaints (I was one of the complainers) when Greer and Maussan were scheduled to speak at the Symposium. Now it's Goode and Basiago.

MUFON, in my opinion, has gone from the curb to the gutter and now, to the sewer. I guess MUFON thinks they will sell more tickets with these speakers.
    www.disclosurebeginsathome.wordpress.com
    Disclosure begins at home so start a conversation about UFOs.
    "Debunkers are like school yard bullies." - Kevin Smith to Leslie Kean, August 31, 2010

Basiago's memories may very well have been manufactured and implanted. But then the question arises of who implanted those memories in him and what was the purpose for doing so?
    My inner Mulder wants to believe, but my inner Scully remains skeptical.

Blog Entries
    I don't think Basiago was implanted, I think he is a fraud. Here is a video of him and one of his "Jumpers", Bernard Mendez. Mendez was a MUFON Field Investigator for many years. I know because I met him in 2008. Later, I became his State Section Director until he left to work with Basiago. He is not a time traveler. This video is from 2012.

www.disclosurebeginsathome.wordpress.com
    Disclosure begins at home so start a conversation about UFOs.
    "Debunkers are like school yard bullies." - Kevin Smith to Leslie Kean, August 31, 2010

MUFON was supposed to be our bread and butter in the UFO Field but having fruitcakes at the conferences just kills it for me. We need science and real researchers but instead we have Greer and Goode. lol. Lost it way for sure. Don't know how it came move forward. They said they were going to do better some month's back.. We see how that went.

If Basiago is a fraud and knows none of what he says is true then I guess that makes feel better. It would be scary indeed if such memories could be implanted and the person made to actually believe them.

Was Basiago on the Colbert Report? I kind of remember an episode where they make fun of some guy making outlandish claims about being on Mars.
    Last edited by Wally; 05-02-2017 at 12:15 AM.
    My inner Mulder wants to believe, but my inner Scully remains skeptical.

Agree Basiago is a joke. I'd be happy to see Dr Greer there but endorsing Corey Goode is going over to the dark side.
    We need to be pulling apart these fraudsters, I've always thought we provided a valuable foil here, between the complete naysayers on some of the big forums and the unquestioning douts who believe anything. There's a wealth of experience here and it saddens me that we have such a small voice.

I reported a very large UFO sighting to MUFON over Lake Michigan this past winter, 2017... Basically, I was insulted by their response and accused of lying.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CasperParks View Post
    I reported a very large UFO sighting to MUFON over Lake Michigan this past winter, 2017... Basically, I was insulted by their response and accused of lying.
    Heard that story before Casper. I've actually interviewed California sighting witnesses that came to me, as a member of the OMF Research Team (OMFRT, RIP), with similar claims.

During the course of the interviews, the witnesses related how they tried to first file a MUFON report and were rebuffed (after immediately visiting a regional police HQ, and upon said agencies referral contacted the FAA).

Weeks or months later MUFON tried to follow up, but the witnesses felt disrespected and refused to cooperate.

I shared my report, it was published on OMF, but the MUFON regional investigator seemed uninterested in material that he did not originate (he did contact me ONLY seeking help corralling the witnesses).
    Mildly arrogant/elitist mixed in with a "to busy to deal" attitude. I can understand a healthy skepticism, but IMO it is important NOT to alienate (no pun intended) witness trust.
    The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but
    progress. -- Joseph Joubert
    Attachment 1008