View Poll Results: Is it acceptable to promote unverified information if it raises awareness?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it is

3 37.50%
  • Sometimes it is - specify when

1 12.50%
  • No, it never is

4 50.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it acceptable to promote unverified information if it raises awareness?

Banned
    Is it acceptable to promote unverified information if it raises awareness.

I would like to explore this a little further if I may.

Let's take a look at the question:

1. "Is it acceptable".

Dictionary.com defines "acceptable" as:

adjective

1.capable or worthy of being accepted.

2.pleasing to the receiver; satisfactory; agreeable; welcome.

3.meeting only minimum requirements; barely adequate:an acceptable performance.

4.capable of being endured; tolerable; bearable:acceptable levels of radiation.

2. "To promote"

Dictionary.com defines "Promote" as:

1. to help or encourage to exist or flourish; further:to promote world peace.

3. "Unverified"

Dictionary.com defines "Verified" as:

adjective

1. confirmed as to the accuracy or truth by acceptable evidence, action, etc.

This to me, is the important part as; if the evidence is acceptable (or not) by an "authority" who, by consensus has the right therefore to make sound judgement. In other words; who is verifying the data and what are their qualifications?

4. "Information"

Dictionary.com defines "Information" as:

noun

1.knowledge communicated or received concerning a particular fact or circumstance; news:information concerning a crime.

2.knowledge gained through study, communication,research, instruction, etc.; factual data:His wealth of general information is amazing.

Correct me if I am wrong here but for the most part, in respect to this thread, what we are examining at the very core of this discussion, is one simple argument:

"Is there acceptable evidence that an intelligent extraterrestrial specie exists"?

Everything either has traction or not in the process of "raising awareness" in this matter, as it lies at the very heart of every analysis in this forum. Conversely, if a UFO is found (verified) to be of human origin, great, so what, just another aircraft - nothing gained except perhaps if it has new technology, but,.....they ALL have new technology at one time.

By contrast, if one was to open the NASA website and there, was found a photograph that is stated, was taken by a NASA scientist of a landed saucer-like craft somewhere in the US western desert, where it shows two extraterrestrial beings standing in close proximity to the craft.

The question would then be; "would this be verifiable information worthy of raising awareness?

My guess is NO, no one would believe it! Why? Because in my opinion, the human race has been pre-wired "so to speak", to unconsciously reject anything that exhibits quasi "proof" that can show "life" as greater in intelligence than that of our own, and if the truth was known, I think this has been done by design! By whom, why and when, is anyone's guess.

In my thread "Life on Mars" there are one or two images which clearly show a data set of pattern recognition showing the defined shape of a recognisable life form on the Martian planetary surface.

The data was extracted directly from the a verifiable source i.e.

1. The Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter MRO image gathering equipment.
    2. The data is downloaded directly from a NASA affiliated website.
    3. The recognisable life form is confirmed is being evident in the RAW DATA image file.

And the response is: A DEAFENING SILENCE!
    Last edited by M-Albion-3D; 05-05-2017 at 12:30 AM.