Thread: Stephen Hawking: We Must Leave Earth Within 100 years!

Stephen Hawking: We Must Leave Earth Within 100 years!

Stephen Hawking: We Must Leave Earth Within 100 years.

https://www.cnet.com/news/stephen-hawking-we-must-leave-earth-within-100-years/

As far as Stephen Hawking is concerned, everyone had better start making preparations.
    The astrophysicist has worried before that the Earth's prospects are finite. He's mentioned that the next 100 years might be the most dangerous for our planet. The threats he saw include nuclear war, genetically engineered viruses and global warming.

Now, though, citing asteroid strikes and overpopulation as well as his previous fears, he seems firmer about leaving before 2117. Indeed, he's making a TV program in which he begins to examine how we might swiftly take a one-way ticket beyond Earth.
    As the Telegraph reports, Hawking is making a documentary for the BBC called "Expedition New Earth." It's part of the return of a show called "Tomorrow's World," which was very popular in the last century.
    Hawking is to claim that we really do have to colonize another planet in the next 100 years -- although he previously thought we wouldn't be able to make such colonies self-sustaining.

Now, though, he and his former student Christophe Galfard will travel the world, seeking to discover ways in which humans can begin to prepare for life in outer space.I worry that we're going to do the usual with such things. We'll start a little too late and run out of time.
    HTML Code:
    For it is in giving that we receive.
    ~ St. Francis of Assisi

Quote Originally Posted by A99 View Post
    I am thinking sooner than 100 years...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CasperParks View Post
    I am thinking sooner than 100 years...
    Depending who you talk to, we already have.

By all account from the images on Mars, humans either have been, or are already there.