Thread: White House Petition Response FOIA

White House Petition Response FOIA

With special thanks to Grant Cameron we are pleased to make available the following pdf file, which contains 48 images of email correspondence from the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy (OSTP), as they prepared to respond to Steve Basset's petition.

Download PDF - http://www.mediafire.com/?k42m4i1xdsp5thx

The files make for a fascinating glimpse behind the scenes of the White House Petition response process. Although, personally I get the distinct impression that the petitions and responses are really just a PR stunt and they won't be bearing any fruit any time soon.

I can sympathize with the WH staffers though, no doubt they have very little, if any, background on the UFO topic and were just doing their job as they saw it. It's quite amusing reading the emails, cc's and responses, very familiar to me working with the guys here at the OutPost and attempting to reach consensus on various topics via email.
    The OutPost Forum - "Breaking the Boundaries of Science, Exploring the Frontier of Understanding"

This is PDF that is chronologically sorted based on email dates - download link:

http://tinyurl.com/7b88g42

Of course credits and thanks to Grant Cameron.
    Thanks also to Lee (he had few pages that I didn't have and they are incorporeted in this chronological version too).

Grant has just posted a new article on the topic:
    "Here’s the Latest on Aliens

Democracy must be something more than two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner. James Bovard

Well the results are back on the Freedom of Information Act requests filed with the Obama White House. The seven FOIAs were filed to try and determine what happened behind the scenes when the Office of Science and Technology Office (often referred to a the office for the President's Science Advisor) replied to a ET related petition addressed to President Obama. That petition asked Obama to ”formally acknowledge an extraterrestrial presence engaging the human race.” As expected, the results are not encouraging.

The FOIA documents released by the OSTP, totaling about 50 pages, can be summed up by one line written by the OSTP public relations officer Phil Larson whose signature is attached to the White House ET petition reply. In an e-mail to David Weaver and Bob Jacobs at NASA, Larson stated, “We got tagged with drumming up a ‘please acknowledge the aliens” petition from ‘We The People’ feature on WhiteHouse.org.”

The FOIA Results

The first FOIA filed with the OSTP asked what the OSTP office had used for research to produce their official government statement that there is “no credible evidence” that ETs have visited Earth. The answer according to the FOIA was nothing – they had no documents in the office on the subject of UFOs, or extraterrestrials – not a single piece of paper. (This OSTP claim is at odds with an FOIA that they answered in March 2011 where they did find “UFO” documents – see http://www.scribd.comdoc/70845097/Al...hnology-Policy

The official conclusion of “no credible evidence” by the White House is therefore not supported by any evidence itself – whether credible or not. The Obama White House has become like a student who produces a book report without reading the book. Even more unpardonable is the fact that the FOIA exposed the fact that the OSTP did not even look for any evidence. The conclusion – the scientific arm of White House has been caught rigging the experiment to come to a preordained conclusion. ..."

Read more: http://whitehouseufo.blogspot.com/20...on-aliens.html
    The OutPost Forum - "Breaking the Boundaries of Science, Exploring the Frontier of Understanding"

Bob Collins saw this thread and sent a response by email:

"...White House staff have little UFO knowledge? Don't be conned, 22 years in the AF dealing with all sorts gives one a glimpse of the variety and shape of con artist in the government. Watching their eyes dart back and forth is amusing and telling like those witnesses against Lance Armstrong. Yes, those same witnesses that CBS's Scott Pelley thought so credible.

Ever watch these guys put a smile on their face, and be Mr cool with eyes darting, and tell a bold face lie? I've watched it many times. Obama is good at it by making fun of his opponents, then saying, who me?

Yes, the UFO field is full of people like that who even make up things about myself, right Doty, Lakes and McGovern, very creative. But, thanks to Ron Pandolfi there are those who do stick up for others and I try to do the same....Best...Rmc"