Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: John Ventre May Have Destroyed MUFON

John Ventre May Have Destroyed MUFON

I am writing this as the Mutual UFO Network State Director for Washington (James E Clarkson). This letter is written because I believe it would be wrong for me to remain silent about John Ventre’s recent comments on social media; those comments have been characterized as racist, offensive and inflammatory. At the very least these comments are extremely unprofessional and whether those in charge agree or not, I do not believe the public will keep Mr. Ventre’s rant separate from his status as a MUFON State Director.........

Continued at link.

Another:

A short while ago comments appeared on long-time MUFON Pennsylvania State Director John Ventre's Facebook page regarding a NetFlix show that Mr. Ventre found objectionable. Side remarks on the post, which has since been deleted from Ventre's site, have raised the ire of many in the UFO field.

Continued at link.

Read more from site.
    Last edited by calikid; 06-04-2017 at 01:07 PM. Reason: Insert MUFON SD Name & embed links
    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"
    Sherlock Holmes

Can MUFON fire him?
    My inner Mulder wants to believe, but my inner Scully remains skeptical.

From what I hear now they removed him as State Director, but he is still in mufon and running the conferences. A lot of people have left MUFON over this now. Many. One of MUFON's longest running member's and friend of mine, Rich Hoffman resigned over this,. He is a board member too. I spoke with him by messenger on facebook and he left because of the leadership. Race Hobb's pulled MUFON from the KGRA radio. THey have went more fringe in the past years. Supporting Corey Goode and stuff that is not what MUFON stands for. To investigate UFO's.. With Science. I seen that Jan Harzon the Exe Director get 70.500 a year as director. No wonder they don't do science, they can't afford it. It is now just a money making machine for people like that. MUFON is surely on its last days now. So many are leaving. What a shame. I'm not sure if even starting another in its ash's would help. Science is what it's going to take. Our CubeSat project is still going strong. We raised all the funds and are waiting on the launch. The company is behind so they say the beginning of next year now. Science. My friend Marc D'antonio is doing the UFOTOG 2 system. He is chief photo and video guy for MUFON but a good friend of mine. We have been on a few shows together talking about using science and us working together with our systems. The More Data the better. I will be on Coast to Coast coming up the 11th talking about the CubeSat project. THought I would throw that in.
    Not sure MUFON can recover from this one.

I am curious what will happen to Hanger 1. Wasn't a bad show.
    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"
    Sherlock Holmes

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfire View Post
    I am curious what will happen to Hanger 1. Wasn't a bad show.
    Last I heard the MUFON Hanger1 program's contract simply expired with History Channel.

They were "open" to a new sponsor.
    Not sure, but maybe demise of H2 channel had something to do with lack of renewal. Right time frame.
    The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but
    progress. -- Joseph Joubert
    Attachment 1008

Why don't the people who left Mufon start up another similar org? And when funds are needed for investigators to check out a sig. UFO event, they can go to GoFundMe to get donations for that.
    I've been online since 2005 participating daily at different UFO forums all over the internet and, even back then, people were complaining about Mufon for one reason or another. But I agree, it does seem like it's on its last leg now. It's time to start up a new UFO org. To get the ball rolling, all they would have to do is start up their own website and a forum.
    HTML Code:
    For it is in giving that we receive.
    ~ St. Francis of Assisi

Blog Entries
    UParsLA.org

Been done before.
    I recall "the drones" NorCal field investigator from MUFON quit and started a splinter group.

UFO and Paranormal (something) of Los Angeles.

Haven't really followed them closely, but he (Steve Murillo sp?) was a talking head on an episode or two of Hanger1.

Tough to get sustainable momentum for a new group like that.

Have a look at their website for an idea of how such an endeavor turns out a few years later. I'd say it looks more regional than national, not even international.
    Attachment 1008

Looked at their online page and it does not seem like they are even shooting to be a Mufon clone as they are emphasizing the Los Angeles area.
    That city is even in their name...UPARS LA. They don't even have a website and forum... just a meet-up page.
    https://www.meetup.com/UPARS-Los-Angeles/
    Last edited by A99; 06-04-2017 at 06:41 PM.
    HTML Code:
    For it is in giving that we receive.
    ~ St. Francis of Assisi

There is a few that have started of late. Erica Lukes quit MUFON a while back and is part of a new one. I just don't think we even need one to start up again after the Death of MUFON. We just need a united front on the internet that people report a sighting to. THen maybe people near can check it out and just keep track of said sighting,. And some of us who can, do some real science in this field like camera's posted around the world. All sky camera's do a good job. And I have a few friends that do live sky watch's on youtube often and those catch things sometime. P&K Spaceimaging on youtube is a great one. I have been on there channel live a few times talking space stuff and our CubeSat project. We were just paying someones salary in mufon and you can't get to any reports to do your own research. Part of there Mission statement was that you can do your own research with there reports. NOT... MUFON went away from just UFO research to Stuff like the Secret Space crap with Goode. And so many other odd ball stuff that there credibility is shot.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by A99 View Post
    Looked at their online page and it does not seem like they are even shooting to be a Mufon clone as they are emphasizing the Los Angeles area.
    That city is even in their name...UPARS LA. They don't even have a website and forum... just a meet-up page.
    https://www.meetup.com/UPARS-Los-Angeles/
    That is kind of my point.

From the name they selected, "UFOs & Paranormal Research Society", sounds like they (former MUFON investigator, etc.) had lofty aspirations at the beginning. Guessing LA was suppose to be the first of many chapters.

Not to throw shade, I applaud their efforts.
    But after a few years of dealing with the realities of running such an organization, they remain (dwindled?) a small regional group that never gained the critical mass needed to launch a full blown MUFON competitor.

Easy to say; "start up another similar org", not so easy to execute.
    Attachment 1008