Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Which 51 Tour?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Not Good With Math.
    Posts
    9

    Which 51 Tour?

    Has anybody had any experience with the commercial tours to Area 51 fron Vegas? Any recommendations? I wasn't sure where to post this...so please move my inquiry elsewhere if need be.

    Thank you!

  2. #2
    Lead Moderator calikid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Sunny California
    Posts
    7,774
    Blog Entries
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by Specgrade View Post
    Has anybody had any experience with the commercial tours to Area 51 fron Vegas? Any recommendations? I wasn't sure where to post this...so please move my inquiry elsewhere if need be.

    Thank you!
    Hi Specgrade, and welcome to the forum.

    I live in California, and have not been to Area51, mainly because it is in the HOT HOT Nevada desert, filled with sand, cactus, scorpions, and rattlesnakes.
    From what I hear, not a lot to see. But from the documentaries and books I've seen, I hear a few touchstone sites exist.
    The good news if you decide to go is that Las Vegas is much more hospitable (it's VEGAS BABY! I have been there),and close enough to Area 51 that you can book a tour from there.
    The few things you can see are "The Extraterrestrial Highway" sign as you drive through the desert to "The Little Ale'in" diner/giftshop.
    The "White Mailbox", and the ominous sign that states if you continue much farther, "Deadly Force is Authorized" to deter trespassers. If you are luck (unlucky?) you might see the infamous gun toting camo-dudes/security officers in their SUV keeping you under surveillance as you approach THEIR domain.
    Unfortunately, Uncle Sam does not issue civilian passes to their super-top-secret aviation testing bases.
    So probably no walking tours of hangers filled with UFO's on the agenda.

    And if it all turns out to be a little less climatic than you had hoped, you can always board a bus to view the spectacular Grand Canyon. Maybe the smarter ticket.
    The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but
    progress. -- Joseph Joubert
    Attachment 1008

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Not Good With Math.
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by calikid View Post
    Hi Specgrade, and welcome to the forum.

    I live in California, and have not been to Area51, mainly because it is in the HOT HOT Nevada desert, filled with sand, cactus, scorpions, and rattlesnakes.
    From what I hear, not a lot to see. But from the documentaries and books I've seen, I hear a few touchstone sites exist.
    The good news if you decide to go is that Las Vegas is much more hospitable (it's VEGAS BABY! I have been there),and close enough to Area 51 that you can book a tour from there.
    The few things you can see are "The Extraterrestrial Highway" sign as you drive through the desert to "The Little Ale'in" diner/giftshop.
    The "White Mailbox", and the ominous sign that states if you continue much farther, "Deadly Force is Authorized" to deter trespassers. If you are luck (unlucky?) you might see the infamous gun toting camo-dudes/security officers in their SUV keeping you under surveillance as you approach THEIR domain.
    Unfortunately, Uncle Sam does not issue civilian passes to their super-top-secret aviation testing bases.
    So probably no walking tours of hangers filled with UFO's on the agenda.

    And if it all turns out to be a little less climatic than you had hoped, you can always board a bus to view the spectacular Grand Canyon. Maybe the smarter ticket.
    Call me kooky, but I just want a few pics of me in front of the entrance (whatever) to show my young ones that I'd been there. It's on my bucket list as well. Silly tourist and all.

    Thanks for the "welcome" and I really like your avatar!

  4. #4
    Lead Moderator calikid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Sunny California
    Posts
    7,774
    Blog Entries
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by Specgrade View Post
    Call me kooky, but I just want a few pics of me in front of the entrance (whatever) to show my young ones that I'd been there. It's on my bucket list as well. Silly tourist and all.

    Thanks for the "welcome" and I really like your avatar!
    A quick Google of "Area51 Tours" shows half dozen opportunities.
    For about $200 you can pile into a Las Vegas van, and be driven around for five hours to the various sites.


    However; be sure to stay on the beaten path, or those pics your children see might be military-police mug shots.
    The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but
    progress. -- Joseph Joubert
    Attachment 1008

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Not Good With Math.
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by calikid View Post
    A quick Google of "Area51 Tours" shows half dozen opportunities.
    For about $200 you can pile into a Las Vegas van, and be driven around for five hours to the various sites.


    However; be sure to stay on the beaten path, or those pics your children see might be military-police mug shots.
    Yeah, I know, "Google is your friend." I was hoping that an experienced tourist would give me their two cents on which would be the "best bang for my $200.00".

    It's okay to make fun of my endeavors, my fiance already is and I'm fine with that...sort of

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Not Good With Math.
    Posts
    9
    I just booked my trip. CAN NOT WAIT! My fiancee agreed to accompany me as my wife on the trip...way cool!

    Goin' to the chapel and we're gonna get maaarrrried.

  7. #7
    Lead Moderator calikid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Sunny California
    Posts
    7,774
    Blog Entries
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by Specgrade View Post
    I just booked my trip. CAN NOT WAIT! My fiancee agreed to accompany me as my wife on the trip...way cool!

    Goin' to the chapel and we're gonna get maaarrrried.
    Congratulations.
    Be sure to share a few pics when you return.
    The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but
    progress. -- Joseph Joubert
    Attachment 1008

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Not Good With Math.
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by calikid View Post
    Congratulations.
    Be sure to share a few pics when you return.
    Thanks a lot!

    I'll do my best to get some cool photos and possibly a video.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Specgrade View Post
    I just booked my trip. CAN NOT WAIT! My fiancee agreed to accompany me as my wife on the trip...way cool!

    Goin' to the chapel and we're gonna get maaarrrried.
    WOW! Awesome News Specgrade, Congratulations!

    Hope you have a great time!

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Not Good With Math.
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by epo333 View Post
    WOW! Awesome News Specgrade, Congratulations!

    Hope you have a great time!
    Thank you very much! Gonna be a great time for sure!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •