Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Getting UFO microfilms scanned in the USA??

I mentioned what we needed to Arsara light, may girlfriend who is a member here what we were looking for. SHe is a photo tech at Walgreens for over 16 years now. Dam is she didn't have a Film and SLide scanner. It's THe Sharper Image Slide & Negative converter. Makes them into a Jpeg but would be no problem. It's 3600 Dpi also. Have a film holder you just slide through the scanner. It's a stand up that looks like a small shoe box that stands on end, you slide the stuff through the bottom. Looks to be brand new in the box. Says XP or Vista but i'm sure I can get it going. So Isaac, don't know if it will do 16 mm. I will do it if you need then.. more then happy to help on that one,, Probably some good reading too. let me know...

Quote Originally Posted by earthman View Post
    IDam is she didn't have a Film and SLide scanner. It's THe Sharper Image Slide & Negative converter. Makes them into a Jpeg but would be no problem. It's 3600 Dpi also. Have a film holder you just slide through the scanner. It's a stand up that looks like a small shoe box that stands on end, you slide the stuff through the bottom. Looks to be brand new in the box. Says XP or Vista but i'm sure I can get it going. So Isaac, don't know if it will do 16 mm. I will do it if you need then.. more then happy to help on that one,, Probably some good reading too. let me know...
    Great.

If that equipment would do the job, then one option is that I simply buy that kit for the person with the microfilms, or someone in his area. (He was a bit nervous about letting go of the microfilms in case he doesn't get them back...).

I'd assumed that I needed access to a much more expensive option.

I'll look into these at-home options a bit more. Your one looks similar to one I have here in the UK (albeit a different brand) - which I've used for slides but not tried out various other attachments. So I could buy a cheap random microfilm on Ebay and possibly experiment with my equipment at home.

I'll report back here once things are a bit clearer.

Thank you for the input so far.