Thread: Alien Mummy Discovered in NAZCA?

Question Alien Mummy Discovered in NAZCA?

Is it real, hoax or something else?
    A wait and see what happens as this story unfolds...

Gaia: Unearthing Nazca

Giorgio Piacenza, who's a friend of mine, got involved in this and from the start insisted on working with reputable scientists for the investigation.
    So, that's a good thing.

Jaime Maussan is involved, too, and that is often not a good thing, because he's usually more interested in ratings and the amount of people watching his shows than in thorough research.

The whole thing is reminiscent of a very similar case, some months ago, where it turned out the whole thing was a hoax, where the hoaxer had plastered skeletal parts of different animals onto a partially human skeleton.

Wait and see, I guess.
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
    - Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by Garuda View Post
    Giorgio Piacenza, who's a friend of mine, got involved in this and from the start insisted on working with reputable scientists for the investigation.
    So, that's a good thing.

Jaime Maussan is involved, too, and that is often not a good thing, because he's usually more interested in ratings and the amount of people watching his shows than in thorough research.

The whole thing is reminiscent of a very similar case, some months ago, where it turned out the whole thing was a hoax, where the hoaxer had plastered skeletal parts of different animals onto a partially human skeleton.

Wait and see, I guess.
    Agree with "wait and see".

Opinion:

Based on what I've seen thus-far, they are not handling the mummies like professionals. Also, it seemed very light when lifting it out of the box. There is another video where x-rays are done of a smaller mummy. Guy is standing there, talking to the camera and holding the mummy in a very poor fashion... Not what I would expect from an archeologist.

Understand need to touch artifacts for transport, and samples and x-rays.

Shouldn't they touch them as little as possible for preservation?

Holding it for a long time, standing in front of a camera does not make sense from an archeologist's perspective.

Again, agree with "wait and see".
    Last edited by CasperParks; 06-24-2017 at 12:34 AM.