Thread: Don't Mess with Preg. Women in Asheville, NC!

Don't Mess with Preg. Women in Asheville, NC!

Pregnant woman runs over purse-snatching suspect in Walmart parking lot: See the video

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/06/29...see-video.html

The above story was at the top of the news today and I got a kick out of it because it happened in Asheville, North Carolina which is where my mom was born and raised. Her family's' ancestors go all the way back to the early 1700's and there's a graveyard there where they're all buried.

Asheville is in the Blue Ridge Mountains and because my mom is from there, me and my siblings grew up on blue grass music. We all inherited her southern accent too.

Having been to Asheville, more times than I can count because that's where some in her family still live, one thing I do know is that you don't mess with people there... most of all pregnant women!

So I was not surprised at all to read that that pregnant lady in Asheville, ran over that purse snatcher. Women in those mountains are tough, practical and no-nonsense. They know how to take care of themselves.... and their families.

Last edited by A99; 06-29-2017 at 09:00 PM.
    HTML Code:
    For it is in giving that we receive.
    ~ St. Francis of Assisi

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by A99 View Post
    Pregnant woman runs over purse-snatching suspect in Walmart parking lot: See the video

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/06/29...see-video.html

The above story was at the top of the news today and I got a kick out of it because it happened in Asheville, North Carolina which is where my mom was born and raised. Her family's' ancestors go all the way back to the early 1700's and there's a graveyard there where they're all buried.

Asheville is in the Blue Ridge Mountains and because my mom is from there, me and my siblings grew up on blue grass music. We all inherited her southern accent too.

Having been to Asheville, more times than I can count because that's where some in her family still live, one thing I do know is that you don't mess with people there... most of all pregnant women!

So I was not surprised at all to read that that pregnant lady in Asheville, ran over that purse snatcher. Women in those mountains are tough, practical and no-nonsense. They know how to take care of themselves.... and their families.

Sad to say, much as I applaud the come-uppance of the criminal, in California she would have been arrested as well.
    For assault with a deadly weapon.
    Once the threat ended (with him running away), lethal forces is NOT justified.

Fun as it might be, in California you can't shoot the mugger in the back (or run down).

Must be an imminent threat of great bodily harm/fear of death. Not apparent in this video.
    Excellent reason to shut the heck up, and talk with a lawyer before making a statement.
    Might seem right to you at the time, but you never know what the heck the lawyers will make of it all.
    Make sure YOUR lawyer has the chance to put a spin on it that makes you look like a hero, not a back-stabber.
    It would be interesting to know the ultimate disposition of the case.
    The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but
    progress. -- Joseph Joubert
    Attachment 1008

Oh, I agree with you. I don't condone her action at all. But that something like that happened there, let's just say that it does not surprise me at all. This said, that purse snatcher should be glad that he's still alive because she could have shot him down instead if she had a gun/rifle on her.
    Last edited by A99; 06-30-2017 at 01:08 AM.
    HTML Code:
    ~ St. Francis of Assisi

Love it!

I've been the victim of thieves a few times and have an intense hatred for them.

Unfortunately, we have similar laws here like California and thieves are brazen as a result.

I know for a fact that if someone robs me, I'll be the one going to jail.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wansen View Post
    Love it!

I've been the victim of thieves a few times and have an intense hatred for them.

Unfortunately, we have similar laws here like California and thieves are brazen as a result.

I know for a fact that if someone robs me, I'll be the one going to jail.
    I've never had the displeasure of robbers (other than burglars).
    It is all pretty simple, even in California (depending on your jurisdiction).
    Get the local Sheriff's permission to CCW (not even needed, if you are within your home).
    Reasonably assess if the criminal actually poses a threat, if he does be sure he ends up with holes in the front, not the back.
    Speak with your attorney before making your statement (a valid/legal option).
    Obey the laws, you DO have the right to defend yourself and others.
    One less criminal on the street should earn you a ticket home, not to prison. As long as you know, and obey the law.
    The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but
    progress. -- Joseph Joubert
    Attachment 1008

In that article, that pregnant lady said“I was not going to let him get away with it. It’s not right, it’s not fair.”
    Take it from me, that's their mentality there.
    They have the same opinion you have about it Wansen. lol

Btw, it's gorgeous down there.

Last edited by A99; 06-30-2017 at 01:54 AM.
    HTML Code:
    ~ St. Francis of Assisi

ADMIN NOTICE: PROFANE / OBSCENE CONTENT REMOVED

Congratulations, You've earned yourself a compulsory holiday.

Parsec, you are Suspended a minimum 7 days, pending staff review.
    Last edited by Parsec; 07-06-2017 at 06:58 AM.