Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The United States Space Corps.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by A99 View Post
    I read that it was terminated by the 'President', which I assume was Obama.

update, found that article it was in:

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/darr...b_1659192.html
    Many UFOlogy pundits have speculated on Solar Warden, based on McKinnon's claims. Our membership included.
    But AFAIK, no government official has acknowledged it's existence before now.
    Even if the Huffington Post story is true, a program name does not confirm the program content.
    With any luck, moving the program to public view will result in more reliable details.
    I wouldn't go counting the fleet's Battlestars just yet.
    The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but
    progress. -- Joseph Joubert
    Attachment 1008

If I remember correctly, it wasn't McKinnon who talked about Solar Warden, but an alleged British intel insider who sent the staff at OM the Seinu material.

McKinnon mentioned he had found an Excel sheet with off-planet personnel, which at the forum was then linked to Solar Warden.
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
    - Charles Darwin

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Garuda View Post
    If I remember correctly, it wasn't McKinnon who talked about Solar Warden, but an alleged British intel insider who sent the staff at OM the Seinu material.

McKinnon mentioned he had found an Excel sheet with off-planet personnel, which at the forum was then linked to Solar Warden.
    You may be right.
    First time I heard the term "Solar Warden" (along with the term “non-terrestrial officers”) was many years ago, from the lips of McKinnon appearing on a UFO documentary.
    But that does not mean he wasn't repeating something he heard elsewhere.
    Attachment 1008

Blog Entries
    Two borderline Off Topic posts have been moved to the "Spotlight" board.
    Attachment 1008

Blog Entries
    From what I have read, US Space Command HQ is located in Colorado.

But if they train troops for space combat, I imagine they will need to have training facilities nearer launch bases.
    Since most launches occur either from Florida or Texas (over the Atlantic or Gulf coast), these seem likely locations for bases of operation.
    On the West coast, we do have Vanderburg AFB, but AFAIK, mostly launches unmanned payloads. Probably low on the list of potential new sites. Also on the west coast is Edwards AFB, used exclusively as landing site2 back in the shuttle days, another unlikely candidate.
    Attachment 1008

Those who sponsored this legislation for a new Space Corps say it's needed because Russia and China have the technology to take out our satellites.

Top brass at the Air Force are "pushing back" against this new corps because "they don't want Congress meddling".

But the supporters of this bill are saying that the Air Force is slow at implementing any new changes that need to be made for those ongoing and increasingly aggressive threats on our satellite systems out in space.

In fact, the Air Force hasn't made a change in their overall strategy to address those issues in 16 years.

Our satellites are our "eyes and ears". Russia and China know this and that's why they are focusing on them.
    HTML Code:
    For it is in giving that we receive.
    ~ St. Francis of Assisi

Blog Entries
    The thing I'm not tracking on is; the article sounds like they need to train troops for Close Quarter Battle (CQB).
    I suppose they could be talking about training technicians to man the Nintendo control systems, but not how I initially read it.
    True, China has demonstrated (past news reports) the ability to move a satellite pre-exising in orbit, into the proximity of another Satellite and detonate causing the destruction of both.

Not familiar with Russia's current abilities.
    I have also read the the USAF already has missiles that can be loaded onto high altitude capable Jet Fighters, and then launched at those great heights with pin-point accuracy (ie able to hit satellites in LEO).
    Not sure how this would translate into a need for "Space Troops" ready to do battle in outer space?
    Investing $$$ into Star Wars defense (ie pin-point Laser defense systems) would make more sense to me.
    Attachment 1008

The bottom line is, either Congress has lost faith in the ability of the Air Force to keep up with the times by accommodating to cutting edge technological systems, as they come up, to maintain the upper hand with Russia and China which are rapidly catching up to us OR they want to have more say-so in the decision making processes in terms of strategic options and how the money is being spent. Congress thinks the Air Force is too inclusive and autonomous whereas the Air Force thinks that how they run their operation is none of Congress's business. The formation of a new Space Corps will allow for more transparency because Congress will have input in its objectives, priorities and development from the ground up.
    Last edited by A99; 07-16-2017 at 11:29 AM.
    HTML Code:
    For it is in giving that we receive.
    ~ St. Francis of Assisi