Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "UFO" on Stereo B HI2

mur - and what would that anomaly be?

My vote goes to swamp gas 'cause that stuff is anomaly ridden.
    This isn't poetry, this is the language of reality.

Humm, after viewing mur's "debunking" youtube, I don't think either one could be conclusive...

Well.................ll I'm not exactly certain what we're suppose to be seeing here? Umm the supposed spacecraft hiding behind Mercury??
    MY GOD, IT'S FULL OF STARS

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    mur - and what would that anomaly be?

Camera artifact.

I have no idea....I just thought all sides of story should be considered

Quote Originally Posted by murmur View Post
    Camera artifact.

I have no idea....I just thought all sides of story should be considered
    It is absolutely appropriate to present multiple opinions and points of view. The OP said he didn't know what the object was but that it bears watching. The video you put up is accompanied by your statement of "camera anomaly is all it is".

The person who made the video you posted doesn't actually say that. He points to a video taken from the satellite several years ago that contains a similar object, but even his explanation of there being an internal reflection of a bracket doesn't match the video as he searches for a circular reflection that should be there but isn't.

The point being that there isn't any proof one way or the other and that this is still worthy of further review and discussion.

http://amkon.net/showthread.php/2176...l=1#post758551

=========================
    Dear John,

That is an internal telescope reflection due to the very bright planet (Venus) entering on the other side of the images. Note that the artifact moves right-to-left at the same speed as the planet goes from left-to-right, mirroring the motion just as you would intuitively expect from a reflection. We see reflections such as this quite often with these images as the telescope was designed to detect very faint solar outflow, and so does not cope so well with extremely bright planets.

Best wishes,

Karl Battams

On Jan 4, 2012, at 8:55 PM, JHicks wrote:
    Hello, my name is John Hicks. I was hoping you could help me with a video posted to youtube showing an anomaly from Stereo Behind HI2. The link to the footage is http://www.youtube.com/user/MrMBB333?feature=watch#p/u/7/lqTSDq8Z5g4

The object is shown specifically starting at 00:26 seconds into the video.

Any explanation would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

John Hicks
    --
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Karl Battams
    Naval Research Laboratory - Code 7663
    4555 Overlook Avenue, SW
    Washington, DC 20375
    karl.battams@nrl.navy.mil ph:202-404-8598
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Actually the credit goes to Jeddyhi.

Long time no see Zenny.

I missed you

Recognized some of the member's names and decided to join. Elevenaugust's post is fantastic. I will add a couple more good ones. But regarding the triangular shape inquiry, it's amazing how rapidly NASA replied. I've also had good luck corresponding with their researchers. Of course there will be people that believe they are lying to us, but hey doesn't hurt to post information from someone that actually understands what is being imaged.