Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Malware and phishing alert

Malware and phishing alert

I see the alert is back again........."Deceptive site ahead"

Quote Originally Posted by ScaRZ View Post
    I see the alert is back again........."Deceptive site ahead"
    I suspect the alert is designed to keep people from visiting this site and drive down traffic here.

Quote Originally Posted by CasperParks View Post
    I suspect the alert is designed to keep people from visiting this site and drive down traffic here.
    Thing is I keep seeing anomalous things happening but I have to say this seems very directed, though I can't see why.

I had to log on here via this forum's Twitter page that has a link to this forum on that page. The reason why is because when I entered 'The Outpost Forum' into Google's search box, The Outpost Forum does not show up anywhere on the first 'results' page or thereafter. Very strange!

So this means that anyone who wants to log onto this forum, cannot even find it on Google when one simply enters its name in Google's search box.
    Last edited by A99; 09-29-2017 at 12:39 AM.
    HTML Code:
    For it is in giving that we receive.
    ~ St. Francis of Assisi

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by A99 View Post
    I had to log on here via this forum's Twitter page that has a link to this forum on that page. The reason why is because when I entered 'The Outpost Forum' into Google's search box, The Outpost Forum does not show up anywhere on the first 'results' page or thereafter. Very strange!

So this means that anyone who wants to log onto this forum, cannot even find it on Google when one simply enters its name in Google's search box.
    In the image below, click on details then on visit etc.

In you'll go.

Here's what comes up after I Google 'The Outpost Forum'. Had to split that results page into 2 screenshots of it. As you can see, 'The Outpost Forum' website itself is nowhere on that page... or the pages after that either.

HTML Code:
    ~ St. Francis of Assisi

It is the second time Google pulls this stunt: registering the site as 'dangerous' without specifying what files would be infected or cause the alleged danger.

The last time they did this, it turned out to be a false alarm.

On some isolated occasions, there has been a problem in the past with Flash ads (which are now disabled) that would cause a redirect.
    And the irony of it all is of course that those ads were put there by ... Google.
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
    - Charles Darwin

It's really unfortunate that this is happening again and hope everything is straightened out... soon!
    HTML Code:
    ~ St. Francis of Assisi

Banned
    I was hoping we could shed some light on this also...

Evidently, the top data window has now disappeared. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by M-Albion-3D View Post
    I was hoping we could shed some light on this also...

Evidently, the top data window has now disappeared. Any ideas?

In our quest to find out what it could be that Google thinks is a threat, we disabled some of the plugins. That is one of them.
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
    - Charles Darwin