Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Betty and Barney Hill - The Original Abduction Case

Blog Entries

Betty and Barney Hill - The Original Abduction Case

September 19th, 1961 in the White Mountains of New Hampshire a couple returning from a vacation experiences a mysterious lapse of memory during their drive home.

Subsequent hypnotherapy by Dr Benjamin Simon reveals the original abduction encounter.
    Many detractors of abduction think the experiencers are simply recounting stories they have heard.
    Well this was the original story, there was NOBODY telling this story prior to this "UFO Incident".
    The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but
    progress. -- Joseph Joubert
    Attachment 1008

Blog Entries
    I found a Press release announcing that Bryce Zabel is going to be making a big screen version of the book "Captured! The Betty and Barney Hill UFO Experience" by Stanton Friedman and Kathleen Marden.

Zabel, author of A.D. (AFter Disclosure) and Writer/Producer of the Television series "Dark Skies" is no stranger to the subject matter.

I still remember, as an elementary school kid, when my parents read the newspaper story outloud at the dinner table.

I also enjoyed the follow up made for TV movie with James Earl Jones and Estelle Parkins; The UFO Incident.
    Hope this new version will be as engaging.
    Attachment 1008

Blog Entries
    That is excellent news. Hopefully he'll consult with Stan Friedman on it.
    "Toon, with an attitude like that I'm surprised you're not in jail". Brother Dankk

I remember seeing The UFO Incident when I was a young boy(1975), I was fascinated by this story.

This Movie really got me interested in UFO investigation.

Betty and Barney seemed to be very average people, that where in the wrong place at the wrong time.(or where they???)

betty-and-barney-hill_061.jpg

Blog Entries
    English, please.
    "Toon, with an attitude like that I'm surprised you're not in jail". Brother Dankk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Infrafred View Post
    I remember seeing The UFO Incident when I was a young boy(1975), I was fascinated by this story.

This Movie really got me interested in UFO investigation.

Betty and Barney seemed to be very average people, that where in the wrong place at the wrong time.(or where they???)

betty-and-barney-hill_061.jpg
    Hi Infrafred and welcome to The OutPost.

When I was young and just beginning to read about UFOs, I didn't believe in the abuction accounts, except for the Betty and Barney Hill case. I thought they had much more to lose than gain by talking about it. That made it more believable for me.
    www.disclosurebeginsathome.wordpress.com
    Disclosure begins at home so start a conversation about UFOs.
    "Debunkers are like school yard bullies." - Kevin Smith to Leslie Kean, August 31, 2010

Its was the First for many things:

• Missing time
    • Medical Exams
    • The general look of the Aliens.
    • Use of hypnosis to recall abduction events.
    • Zeta Reticuli(Star Map).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Infrafred View Post
    Its was the First for many things:

• Missing time
    • Medical Exams
    • The general look of the Aliens.
    • Use of hypnosis to recall abduction events.
    • Zeta Reticuli(Star Map).
    Many firsts.

Betty's description of a needle inserted into her navel as a pregnancy test sounds very much like an Amniocentesis.
    Only that test had not been invented yet.

Not sure about the "general look" of the aliens though, seems like Roswell had the "greys" down well before this incident (1940s vs 1960s).
    Attachment 1008

I remember that my mother had the book, "Interrupted Journey". I lived in New Hampshire when the story came out. There were very few African Americans in New Hampshire at the time and they kept a pretty low profile. It was a small, gossipy, state and no one would call attention to himself by choice in any way that would cause him to be ridiculed. Socially it was the Kiss of Death. I think they believed their experience. I think the stress of it all hastened Barney's passing.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    I remember that my mother had the book, "Interrupted Journey". I lived in New Hampshire when the story came out. There were very few African Americans in New Hampshire at the time and they kept a pretty low profile. It was a small, gossipy, state and no one would call attention to himself by choice in any way that would cause him to be ridiculed. Socially it was the Kiss of Death. I think they believed their experience. I think the stress of it all hastened Barney's passing.
    I shudder to think what kind of stress Barney Hill went through throughout that entire ordeal. When one considers the era when this abduction occurred, there's no question in
    my mind that it hastened Hills' eventual demise... both emotionally and physically. He was a very brave man to step forward with his wife to report that abduction and then go public with it.
    HTML Code:
    For it is in giving that we receive.
    ~ St. Francis of Assisi