Thread: Predictions 2018

Predictions 2018

Predictions 2018

In the United States:

Additional covert legislation that protects Corporations from legal actions and intended to strengthen the Corporate Coup that has overtaken the US.

Net Neutrality will not be saved by Congress, the 60 day time period from when FCC changed the rules will have elapsed. As the midterm election progresses, GOP will brush it off as “internet providers aren’t throttling websites”. Keep in mind that internet providers aren’t stupid and won’t start messing with the internet during an election cycle.

Legislation for an increase in the federal gasoline tax to cover cost of infrastructure projects, and diesel fuel to be exempt from tax increases. Because of the election cycle it is unclear if legislation will pass.

Talk of a Federal Sales Taxes, however due to election cycle any suggestion of it will be sort lived.

Continued “stop gap budgets”, and GOP will blame Democrats for it.

The Wall between US and Mexico will get a small amount of money, but not nearly what GOP wants.

GOP will continue attacking Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security.

Investigation into Russian collusion and GOP will continue. GOP will increase their pressure to end it.

“September - October Surprise", that could influence the outcome of Midterm Elections. It is unclear what political party it would favor, and or if any type of pre-election surprise would backfire.

Israeli and Palestine issues will be used as political pawns in the United States to further divide the country, and attempt pull in voters favoring the GOP to the polls.

The pre-election surprise could be related to moving US Embassy to Jerusalem, with hope it would accomplish two things: 1) Satisfy far extreme religious base of the GOP. 2) Poking at religious extremists in the Middle East, hoping for an attack that would unite voters behind the GOP.

Middle East:

Expect a race between three or four nations as to who will move their Embassy to Jerusalem first. This will spark a short lived conflict that almost pulls Russia and China into it. It’s possible the Dome of the Rock will be destroyed, if not in 2018 in the very near future, and or a discovery the Dome of the Rock wasn’t built on Solomon’s Temple.

More talk regarding rebuilding Solomon’s Temple.

Renewed push for ending usage of the US Petro Dollar to set oil prices.

High probability of renewed and update of treaties between Russia, China and Middle East Nations. This could involve promises of military support.

Disclosure:

More released videos, and more former government officials speaking publically. Expect to hear more of “violation our airspace and national security” as an issue in regards to UFOs.

Minor censorship on social media regarding what is said… Example, if someone starts claiming that the Muslim Religion is the result of Alien Contamination and Interference they will their account suspended.

Unclear the escalated Disclosure would be part of October Surprise in US midterm elections. It is a possibility, yet not expected.

What may be called "A possible broadcast signal" detected from outer space.

Healthcare:

Discovery leads to cancer new trials for cancer treatment.

US healthcare cost will rise, as will cost for certain prescription drugs.

Lab-work in outer space will give hope for a couple of diseases.
    Last edited by CasperParks; 01-01-2018 at 08:01 PM.

By next year America may be at war with North Korea, If the US strikes first then China may come to Korea's defense and this may lead to world war 3, however if Korea strikes first then the US could 'justify' retaliation.
    More states may legalize marijuana this year, though it will likely still be illegal on a national scale.
    It will be interesting to see what we learn about the exoplanet Kepler-1625b, whether it has a large moon or may even qualify as a double planet. Also possible news of planet 9.
    Within the next few years scientist may detect spectroscopic evidence for life on an exoplanet, but with the James Webb telescope launch delayed until 2019, this may be further down the road.
    My inner Mulder wants to believe, but my inner Scully remains skeptical.

Rating my predictions for the year:

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    By next year America may be at war with North Korea, If the US strikes first then China may come to Korea's defense and this may lead to world war 3, however if Korea strikes first then the US could 'justify' retaliation.
    No war with North Korea yet so that's good at least.

More states may legalize marijuana this year, though it will likely still be illegal on a national scale.
    Michigan voted to legalize marijuana.

It will be interesting to see what we learn about the exoplanet Kepler-1625b, whether it has a large moon or may even qualify as a double planet. Also possible news of planet 9.
    Some more info was learned about Kepler-1625b, but nothing new on planet 9.

Within the next few years scientist may detect spectroscopic evidence for life on an exoplanet, but with the James Webb telescope launch delayed until 2019, this may be further down the road.
    The Webb telescope is now delayed until March 2021, but maybe the Transiting Exoplanet Survey Satellite may discover something interesting.
    Last edited by Wally; 01-01-2019 at 05:11 AM.
    My inner Mulder wants to believe, but my inner Scully remains skeptical.

I went crazy with predictions for 2018:

In the United States:

Additional covert legislation that protects Corporations from legal actions and intended to strengthen the Corporate Coup that has overtaken the US.
    It was covert, so who really knows? By the time anyone notices, time will have elapsed and people will consider it "simply the way things are"...

Net Neutrality will not be saved by Congress, the 60 day time period from when FCC changed the rules will have elapsed. As the midterm election progresses, GOP will brush it off as “internet providers aren’t throttling websites”. Keep in mind that internet providers aren’t stupid and won’t start messing with the internet during an election cycle.
    Got Net Neutrality partly correct: Verizon was accused of throttling during California wildfires, click here for NPR article. Congress did nothing to save Net Neutrality...

1) Legislation for an increase in the federal gasoline tax to cover cost of infrastructure projects, and diesel fuel to be exempt from tax increases. Because of the election cycle it is unclear if legislation will pass.

2) Talk of a Federal Sales Taxes, however due to election cycle any suggestion of it will be sort lived.
    1... Failed on gasoline tax prediction.

2... I consider tariffs a backdoor Federal Sales Taxes. The increased cost of tariffs is passed along to consumers, and Federal government gets the money.

1) Continued “stop gap budgets”, and GOP will blame Democrats for it.

2) The Wall between US and Mexico will get a small amount of money, but not nearly what GOP wants.

3) GOP will continue attacking Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security.

4) Investigation into Russian collusion and GOP will continue. GOP will increase their pressure to end it.

5) “September - October Surprise", that could influence the outcome of Midterm Elections. It is unclear what political party it would favor, and or if any type of pre-election surprise would backfire.
    1 and 2 were easy to predict, simply more of the same...

3) Another one easy to predict. Social Security raise was mostly eaten-away by a monthly increase for Medicare Premiums, basically same thing the government has being doing for years.

They were trying to allow Medicare to lower doctor suggested dosages for medications and force usage of generic prescriptions, then if the lower dosage wasn't working they'd allow whatever the doctor suggested. Again, not sure if that passed into law or not... I tried to find a link for a news story, but don't have time to keep looking. Not sure if it passed both Houses...

4) The Trump / Russia thing was another easy one to call...

5) “September - October Surprise", that could influence the outcome of Midterm Elections. There is always a "surprise" near the end of an election cycle: We had Migrant Caravans...

Israeli and Palestine issues will be used as political pawns in the United States to further divide the country, and attempt pull in voters favoring the GOP to the polls. The pre-election surprise could be related to moving US Embassy to Jerusalem, with hope it would accomplish two things: 1) Satisfy far extreme religious base of the GOP. 2) Poking at religious extremists in the Middle East, hoping for an attack that would unite voters behind the GOP.
    Didn't happen in the way I thought was a possibility...

Middle East:

1) Expect a race between three or four nations as to who will move their Embassy to Jerusalem first.

2) This will spark a short lived conflict that almost pulls Russia and China into it. It’s possible the Dome of the Rock will be destroyed, if not in 2018 in the very near future, and or a discovery the Dome of the Rock wasn’t built on Solomon’s Temple. More talk regarding rebuilding Solomon’s Temple.

3) Renewed push for ending usage of the US Petro Dollar to set oil prices.

4) High probability of renewed and update of treaties between Russia, China and Middle East Nations. This could involve promises of military support.
    1 was correct but it's not a race: Other nations have announced plans to relocate their Embassies to Jerusalem.

2 Glad I got that "short lived conflict" wrong... Also, no extended media coverage regarding Solomon's Temple... Based on Biblical Prophecies, I consider the Temple as in near future...

3 End of Petro Dollar continues to be ongoing... I suspect there is talk behind "closed doors" between Russia, China and Arab nations.

4 Updated treaties between Russia, China and Middle East Nations is still in play... Trump has announced pulling out of Syria and reducing military presence in Afghanistan. In December 2018, Iraq has requested the United States remove US Troops from its borders. We are seeing Russia's influence and stepped-up military presence in the region... China continues making moves into Africa...

Disclosure:

1) More released videos, and more former government officials speaking publicly. Expect to hear more of “violation our airspace and national security” as an issue in regards to UFOs.

2) Minor censorship on social media regarding what is said… Example, if someone starts claiming that the Muslim Religion is the result of Alien Contamination and Interference they will their account suspended.

3) Unclear the escalated Disclosure would be part of October Surprise in US midterm elections. It is a possibility, yet not expected.

4) What may be called "A possible broadcast signal" detected from outer space.
    1... UFOs: We had more videos... But we haven't the talk of "violation of airspace" as often...

2... Censorship is growing on social media. But UFOs don't seem to be the focus of it.

3... Escalated Disclosure wasn't expected.

4... Don't think we had a broadcast signal detected from outer space. So, that was a fail - But we did have Oumuamua pass through our solar system, click here for news article.

Healthcare:

1) Discovery leads to cancer new trials for cancer treatment.

2) US healthcare cost will rise, as will cost for certain prescription drugs.

3) Lab-work in outer space will give hope for a couple of diseases.
    1... Cancer, seems like I've read a few things on new discoveries. Not at the level I had expected.

2... US Healthcare is a mess.

3... Lab-work i outer space - I haven't seen anything major about it on the news...