Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Exopolitics - SWOT

  1. #1

    Exopolitics - SWOT

    I've got a question for you. What would you say are Exopolitics' Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, where strengths and weaknesses have to do with internal factors (within the Exopolitics community), and opportunities and threats have to do with external factors (from outside of the Exopolitics community)?

    E.g., fake news can be both a weakness (meaning people within the Exopolitics Community are spreading fake news) and a threat (because people from outside of the community, for any number of reasons, are flooding the community with fake news).
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

    Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
    - Charles Darwin

  2. #2
    Lead Moderator calikid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Sunny California
    Posts
    7,912
    Blog Entries
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by Garuda View Post
    I've got a question for you. What would you say are Exopolitics' Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, where strengths and weaknesses have to do with internal factors (within the Exopolitics community), and opportunities and threats have to do with external factors (from outside of the Exopolitics community)?

    E.g., fake news can be both a weakness (meaning people within the Exopolitics Community are spreading fake news) and a threat (because people from outside of the community, for any number of reasons, are flooding the community with fake news).
    I would say one of the strengths would have to be operating within a community of like-minded individuals.
    I imagine everyone involved has already "left the fence", and moved beyond such basic questions as "Is E.T. here?".
    Such a basic foundation should allow ppl to advance beyond the basic arguments. Allowing more focus on the intricate facets of establishing a paradigm where the E.T. presence is accepted by mainstream society, without ridicule.
    The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but
    progress. -- Joseph Joubert
    Attachment 1008

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by calikid View Post
    I would say one of the strengths would have to be operating within a community of like-minded individuals.
    I imagine everyone involved has already "left the fence", and moved beyond such basic questions as "Is E.T. here?".
    Such a basic foundation should allow ppl to advance beyond the basic arguments. Allowing more focus on the intricate facets of establishing a paradigm where the E.T. presence is accepted by mainstream society, without ridicule.
    Thanks!

    If only...

    The truth is that the exopolitics community is more divided than ever, up to the point that in the last 2 years, e.g., 60% of exopolitics websites have shut down because people gave up on it, largely because of the excessive speculation by some of its proponents.
    They're still interested in the topic, but no longer want to be associated with anything that carries the name 'Exopolitics' because that is being associated with Dino hunting on Mars, and Blue Avians, and g-d knows what all...
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

    Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
    - Charles Darwin

  4. #4
    Senior Member M-Albion-3D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Malibu, California
    Posts
    371
    Quote Originally Posted by Garuda View Post
    Thanks!

    If only...

    The truth is that the exopolitics community is more divided than ever, up to the point that in the last 2 years, e.g., 60% of exopolitics websites have shut down because people gave up on it, largely because of the excessive speculation by some of its proponents.
    They're still interested in the topic, but no longer want to be associated with anything that carries the name 'Exopolitics' because that is being associated with Dino hunting on Mars, and Blue Avians, and g-d knows what all...
    I have a sense that anything to do with exacting analysis of the Martian surface has now been thrown into the category of "Martian Dino hunters" for a reason, which is to discredit researchers and derail the best evidence of ET life there is imo. You know, you can't deny that gazing on the surface of our closest planetary neighbor in high definition beats the heck out of gazing at unrepeatable blurry images of flying saucers...or is it?
    "The more you look, the more you see...the more you see, the more you know"
    - M.Scott

  5. #5
    Strengths:
    - debate goes beyond "do aliens exist"
    - context oriented, not getting lost in the minutiae of ground samples and lights in the sky
    - willing to discuss the pros, cons, and problems of disclosure and future human-alien relations
    - not stuck in the past, not ignoring it either. Takes into account history of UFOlogy + future possibilities
    - networking, organization, publication infrastructure is in place

    Weaknesses:
    - paradox between projecting image of academic rigor while humoring tabloid-level 'insiders'
    - truth isn't as clear cut or entertaining as fiction, so of course these 'insiders' have better stories
    - community has diverging opinions and backgrounds so there will be some bad apples and disinfo in there
    - ease of infiltration, guiding of narrative, hijacking of energy and focus... Source "A," Drones, Serpo
    - can compromise on quality and standards if funding and audience size takes priority
    - depends on public interest to survive at the organizational level

    Opportunities:
    - poised to rise from the ashes as soon as proof of alien life hits the airwaves

    Threats:
    - brutal lack of interest due to the current focus being mass political hysteria instead of matters beyond human sphere
    - loonies, role players, and pathological liars coming in to corrupt the data pool and distract
    - aliens do show up but someone pre-positioned like Greer becomes the official voice of exopolitics and helps determine policy
    - once that happens, dissenting voices will get targeted

    ---

    Exopolitics still has a pure core despite the crazy directions some have taken it. Too bad the latter have tarnished its name. There's been a vacuum of alien activity compared to what it was pre-2010, and that vacuum has been filled by the fantastical fluff.

    Once legit alien activity and news returns, I think the focus will get back on track. What I mean is, when definite proof of aliens finally comes out, it'll be the credible parts of exopolitics that get tapped for interviews and press releases, not the Martian dino hunters.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by montalk View Post
    Strengths:
    - debate goes beyond "do aliens exist"
    - context oriented, not getting lost in the minutiae of ground samples and lights in the sky
    - willing to discuss the pros, cons, and problems of disclosure and future human-alien relations
    - not stuck in the past, not ignoring it either. Takes into account history of UFOlogy + future possibilities
    - networking, organization, publication infrastructure is in place

    Weaknesses:
    - paradox between projecting image of academic rigor while humoring tabloid-level 'insiders'
    - truth isn't as clear cut or entertaining as fiction, so of course these 'insiders' have better stories
    - community has diverging opinions and backgrounds so there will be some bad apples and disinfo in there
    - ease of infiltration, guiding of narrative, hijacking of energy and focus... Source "A," Drones, Serpo
    - can compromise on quality and standards if funding and audience size takes priority
    - depends on public interest to survive at the organizational level

    Opportunities:
    - poised to rise from the ashes as soon as proof of alien life hits the airwaves

    Threats:
    - brutal lack of interest due to the current focus being mass political hysteria instead of matters beyond human sphere
    - loonies, role players, and pathological liars coming in to corrupt the data pool and distract
    - aliens do show up but someone pre-positioned like Greer becomes the official voice of exopolitics and helps determine policy
    - once that happens, dissenting voices will get targeted

    ---

    Exopolitics still has a pure core despite the crazy directions some have taken it. Too bad the latter have tarnished its name. There's been a vacuum of alien activity compared to what it was pre-2010, and that vacuum has been filled by the fantastical fluff.

    Once legit alien activity and news returns, I think the focus will get back on track. What I mean is, when definite proof of aliens finally comes out, it'll be the credible parts of exopolitics that get tapped for interviews and press releases, not the Martian dino hunters.
    Great, thanks!

    I agree.

    Several people were getting frustrated with the fact that exopolitics is more and more being associated with the lunatic fringe because of the actions of some. (And for the second time, that has led to an exodus, where respected researchers turn their back on Exopolitics. The first time was in 2009, and we've seen a second one in the last two years).

    But it's important to keep on focusing on the work that has to be done. And to do it.
    (Which is why some of us have decided to launch a new initiative that focuses more on fact based Exopolitcs: www.glexo.org/about-glexo/ ).
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

    Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
    - Charles Darwin

  7. #7
    Senior Member M-Albion-3D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Malibu, California
    Posts
    371
    Quote Originally Posted by Garuda View Post
    Great, thanks!

    I agree.

    Several people were getting frustrated with the fact that exopolitics is more and more being associated with the lunatic fringe because of the actions of some. (And for the second time, that has led to an exodus, where respected researchers turn their back on Exopolitics. The first time was in 2009, and we've seen a second one in the last two years).

    But it's important to keep on focusing on the work that has to be done. And to do it.
    (Which is why some of us have decided to launch a new initiative that focuses more on fact based Exopolitcs: www.glexo.org/about-glexo/ ).
    Well I agree also and look forward to seeing those facts Garuda but I would like to make one thing clear though, there's a world of deference between Cap'n Special K claiming he's spent time on Mars rounding up wayward aliebums and solid research into the high resolution surface images which imo, clearly show off world life, a big difference indeed
    "The more you look, the more you see...the more you see, the more you know"
    - M.Scott

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Albion-3D View Post
    Well I agree also and look forward to seeing those facts Garuda but I would like to make one thing clear though, there's a world of deference between Cap'n Special K claiming he's spent time on Mars rounding up wayward aliebums and solid research into the high resolution surface images which imo, clearly show off world life, a big difference indeed
    Well, while in my opinion there can still be debate about how conclusive your surface image analysis is, at least it's based on something that exists and is verifiable. People may not come to the same conclusions, but the material is there to analyze and verify.
    That is not the case with Capt. K and Corey Goode, where there is nothing verifiable at all. It's just idle claims with nothing whatsoever to back it up.
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

    Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
    - Charles Darwin

  9. #9
    Senior Member M-Albion-3D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Malibu, California
    Posts
    371
    Quote Originally Posted by Garuda View Post
    Well, while in my opinion there can still be debate about how conclusive your surface image analysis is, at least it's based on something that exists and is verifiable. People may not come to the same conclusions, but the material is there to analyze and verify.
    That is not the case with Capt. K and Corey Goode, where there is nothing verifiable at all. It's just idle claims with nothing whatsoever to back it up.

    Yes I do agree, Capt K and Mr. Goode are surly doing themselves and the cause a dis-justice without any verifiable evidence to back up their claims. The thing that gets me is, why would they place themselves in such a light having to "live" their outrageous claims? Something just doesn't add up. The same goes with Basiago....why do it, it's obvious to me he's not crazy.

    The images of Mars speak for themselves and many say the see artificiality. Some do not. I've learnt there are two distinct aspects in observing anomalies on the Martian surface 1. what the eye sees, and 2. how the brain interprets what the eye sees. That interpretation is driven largely by social conditioning. Some can see the face of a clown and accept this as a fact while others may see a clown but refuse to accept the fact as simply impossible. Personal ridicule of oneself - is a powerful deterrent.

    Often, those people who outright reject my findings, are the same people who will not even breakdown and invest the two or three dollars in purchasing a pair of anaglyph glasses

    I asked this same question to Bill Ryan. it fell on deaf ears leaving his eyes in 2D. He then booted me off his forum for exhibiting such blasphemous images.

    How say you Garuda, do you own a pair?
    Last edited by M-Albion-3D; 02-04-2018 at 08:12 AM. Reason: additional
    "The more you look, the more you see...the more you see, the more you know"
    - M.Scott

  10. #10
    This thread is not about your Mars image analysis.
    So, let's stay on topic here: the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats with regard to Exopolitics.
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

    Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
    - Charles Darwin

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •