Thread: Lost Silpho UFO Wreckage Discovered In Museum Archive

Blog Entries

Lost Silpho UFO Wreckage Discovered In Museum Archive

From what little I could blow up and examine, the "hieroglyphics" resemble Cuneiform (wedge shaped) writing.

Lost wreckage of 'British Roswell' flying saucer discovered in Science Museum
    By Sarah Knapton

Missing wreckage from a miniature ‘flying saucer’ which was hailed as the ‘British Roswell’ has been found in a tin box in London’s Science Museum.

The lump of metal discovered on Silpho Moor near Scarborough, North Yorkshire, in 1957 was so strange that it was dubbed the ‘Silpho UFO’.

The disc, which was 16 inches in diameter and weighed 22 lbs was inscribed with hieroglyphics, similar to the wreckage of the so-called spacecraft found at Roswell, New Mexico in June 1947.

When the object was cut open a book made of 17 thin copper sheets was found inside, with each sheet covered in more hieroglyphs.
    Story Continues

Silo_UFO1.jpg
    The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but
    progress. -- Joseph Joubert
    Attachment 1008

A Sumerian dreidel? J/k

But it does sorta look similar to purported ancient toys I've see. But 22lb does seem a bit heavy for a child's toy, but then, do boys ever quit playing with their toys.
    Last edited by whoknows; 02-13-2018 at 07:18 PM.

Blog Entries
    Article says they cracked the "mini-UFO" open, and found a book inside.
    Seem to recall it was 22 pages, printed on copper sheets.
    One fellow claims to have deciphered some portions of the writing.
    'You will improve or disappear.' sounds grim.
    No details on HOW he translated it, or IF it was some form of human writing?
    Maybe some modern forensic review can tell us more.

Attachment 1008

A couple of thoughts come to mind. What are we supposed to make of these objects? Metal of this kind could be put into mass spectrometer and a lot could be learned these days, like where it was mined and smelted. To my mind it looks a bit crude to be alien. So should we make a leap and say, well, could it have been made by some Sumerians who had secret knowledge, or inter actions with aliens who helped then send it back across time just to mess with peoples minds in the far distant future? Thing is most script is identifiable to a place and time frame. So many question and so few answers.
    I found out an interesting fact a couple of days ago, as fare as forensic are concerned. Once we thought finger print analyses was fool proof, we now know that this is not the case. In fact many forensic methods are being called into question https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_evidence Nevertheless as for things like this which have in the past been called a hoax for what ever reason, could be subjected to modern method of scrutiny. But all things considered, I don't think I'd put money into such a project, though I think if anyone ponied up the money maybe the Natural History Museum of London would allow supervised non invasive study of the object. If not, I think I would have a lot more questions.

It would be nice if they made scans or at least pictures of the pages available to the public for viewing.
    My inner Mulder wants to believe, but my inner Scully remains skeptical.

My inner Mulder wants to believe, but my inner Scully remains skeptical.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    So long ago. Almost feels like a time capsule from days of UFOlogy gone by. Interesting they Sliced it up.
    The size reminds me of Foo Fighters from earlier in that era.
    Funny after all this time, still No idea who The hoaxer might have been.
    Attachment 1008