Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Eagle, The Lion, and The Serpent

Quote Originally Posted by WildMage View Post
    here is another piece pointing to an imminent breakthrough.

Scientists REVERSE TIME in experiment breaking 2nd law of thermodynamics

SCIENTISTS have successfully demonstrated how they can reverse the “arrow of time” which could be a huge breakthrough in the understanding of the universe.

By SEAN MARTIN
    PUBLISHED: 11:12, Tue, Dec 12, 2017 | UPDATED: 14:21, Tue, Dec 12, 2017

A complicated experiment has found an exception to an important scientific law relating to heat and energy transfers.

It has essentially seen the usual exchange of heat from hot objects to cold objects go backward in a mind-boggling discovery.

They concluded the second law of thermodynamics is not an absolute, definitive concept.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/scien...thermodynamics

-----

now, this is not a Star Trek type teleportation of living entities/organisms. however, it should be a step above quantum teleportation of information.

my thoughts on this keep shifting toward something like a glass breaking on a high C note, to generate the granular structure, then something along the lines of a BEC / van der Waals force field to maintain the material structure.
    it would have to act more like a gas or the wall hole lattice would need to morph accommodate particle clusters

it could however with article quoted above and a reversal in the arrow of time, I would venture the granular cloud becomes tunable.
    it would be like boiling water to a gas and be expecting a high entropy, but getting the gas to behave as if it were under BEC like conditions of lower entropy.
    I remembered this conversation after find the following . . .

Taken from the March 2020 issue of Physics World:

In 2015 one of us (Sacha) proposed that a periodically driven (and thus non-equilibrium) quantum many-body system – such as a Bose–Einstein condensate (BEC) of ultracold atoms bouncing on an oscillating atom mirror (figure 1) – can spontaneously break discrete time-translational symmetry, due to interactions between the particles.
    https://physicsworld.com/a/time-crys...densed-matter/

Hopefully WildMage hasn't gone into suspended animations of some sort.

The topic of teleportation and time travel has been discussed in this thread, so I figured I would add some up-to-date finds . . .

Hyperbolic metamaterials exhibit physics with two spatial and two temporal dimensions

Metamaterials—nanoengineered structures designed for precise control and manipulation of electromagnetic waves—have enabled such innovations as invisibility cloaks and super-resolution microscopes. Using transformation optics, these novel devices operate by manipulating light propagation in "optical spacetime," which may be different from the actual physical spacetime.

more:
    https://phys.org/news/2020-09-hyperb...-temporal.html