Thread: Quantum Consciousness

Quantum Consciousness

I recommend this to everyone.
    Penrose and Hameroff came up with a theory for Quantum Consciousness in the 1990's - the evidence is really starting to build up.
    Quantum coherence in micro-tubules in neurons could be a good start to understanding consciousness. Photosynthesis has now been shown the be a quantum process, so something every plant does relies in quantum coherence across numerous molecules makes a similar process much more likely in micro-tubules.

Sounds interesting. I'll check it out. Thanks!
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
    - Charles Darwin

I’m pretty convinced some in black world are well aware that consciousness is a quantum phenomenon
    Reposting this quote from Luis Elizondo at the recent Italian Ufo conference he and Tom de Longe attended.

Luis Elizondo: Remote viewing is a very interesting topic. I said I wouldn’t give you an opinion and here I’m about to give you an opinion. I think the quantum world, the quantum state is extremely bizarre but very relevant. The quantum world is real even if it’s hard to understand. There’s been much research in the last ten years about human consciousness and the quantum state. I think there’s a strong degree of probability that the quote, unquote, voodoo science of remote viewing is in fact part of the quantum world. There’s some very interesting, compelling data that points to very specific quantum mechanics involved in potentially things like remote viewing. In essence, remote viewing may be quite natural. But I’m certainly not qualified to say conclusively one way or the other

You’ll find this one even more interesting Garuda Dr Hameroff think quantum consciousness might explain reincarnation

Thanks. I'm familiar with his views. He was one of the individuals interviewed for "What the Bleep Do We Know?".
    (The DVD has more extensive versions of the interviews).
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
    - Charles Darwin

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Garuda View Post
    Thanks. I'm familiar with his views. He was one of the individuals interviewed for "What the Bleep Do We Know?".
    (The DVD has more extensive versions of the interviews).
    Dr. Hameroff MD was very interesting, in the "Bleep" DVD.
    Been a few years since I last viewed "Down the Rabbit Hole", but I recall his discussion on Microtubules was particularly intriguing.
    Recommended viewing, free on YouTube.
    The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but
    progress. -- Joseph Joubert
    Attachment 1008

Really good in-depth article on the BBC website about the possible link between consciousness and quantum mechanics.

How does our consciousness work?
    The Big Questions Psychology
    The strange link between the human mind and quantum physics
    Nobody understands what consciousness is or how it works. Nobody understands quantum mechanics either. Could that be more than coincidence?

http://www.bbc.com/earth/story/20170...uantum-physics
    Last edited by Longeyes; 11-23-2018 at 07:44 PM.

This isn't entirely related but in other ways it is.
    If you can get over Grant's over enthusiasm he makes some great pts here.
    From my pt of view he's correct, every single pt in the universe reflects every other pt in the universe, so you contain the whole universe within you. But then again, so does everyone and everything else.
    The whole universe is consciousness.
    Everything can be seen to be made up from light, or pure energy, E=mc2.
    In reality distance doesn't actually exist, it just allows the phenomenal world to exist, likewise time.
    Grant's been gathering some fantastic stories over the years, this is the first time I heard how he got into UFOs in the first place.
    Last edited by calikid; 09-08-2019 at 05:34 PM. Reason: Replace youtu.be with youtube.com