Thread: Blue in the night sky over Astoria

Banned

Blue in the night sky over Astoria

I share the same mind as Lionel (Michael William Lebron) when he says "whenever the mass media MSM collectively claims the same...the the opposite is true"

So when I first read of the story of the bright blue night sky over Astoria NY two days ago, and that the MSM were jointly claiming that the result of an "exploding" electrical transformer was the culprit, I suspected a typical fib.

Then I bumped into this short video of the event captured from a local cell phone just at the right time, or so it seems. Any ideas?

People who live nearby posted videos on Twitter and other social media that confirm it was the power station.
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
    - Charles Darwin

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Garuda View Post
    People who live nearby posted videos on Twitter and other social media that confirm it was the power station.
    Yes I saw quite a few of those too, three questions though. 1. What kind of "transformer" would create such a massive blue sky? I've seen one or two transformers blow here in Cal but never blue and never for so long. 2. If it was a transformer, could something "above" be responsible...as opposed to a ground failure. 3. What were those "UFO looking lights and so near by"??

Watch the vid again and make sure it's set at 1080

Blog Entries
    Shooting lights into the sky.
    Reminded me of this gem from the turn of the century.
    maxresdefault.jpg
    The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but
    progress. -- Joseph Joubert
    Attachment 1008

Quote Originally Posted by M-Albion-3D View Post
    Yes I saw quite a few of those too, three questions though. 1. What kind of "transformer" would create such a massive blue sky? I've seen one or two transformers blow here in Cal but never blue and never for so long. 2. If it was a transformer, could something "above" be responsible...as opposed to a ground failure. 3. What were those "UFO looking lights and so near by"??

Watch the vid again and make sure it's set at 1080
    I did . . .

With the number of folks in the New York City, and their spectrum of education, I'm in the view of this being an entire substation going ka-putt.

Maybe some kind of cyber or terrorist attack, heck maybe even an irate customer.

. . . As for the extra lights . . .

One explanation would be a refection on the glass window of a mirror reflecting a Christmas tree with blinking lights on it. The apparent movement of the lights could be the zooming actions of the operator . . . complete with a flash out . . .

Mostly I feel this was an electrical grid effect is due to the "arc wielding" color(s).
    Last edited by epo333; 12-31-2018 at 08:52 PM.