Thread: Movie Reviews

Movie Reviews

Seen a good - or bad, or over-hyped, or ... - movie lately?

Tell us about it!

But, please, if it's a newly released movie and you'll discuss plot elements, put a ***************** SPOILER ALERT *************** in the text BEFORE the spoilers.
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
    - Charles Darwin

Blog Entries
    SPOILER ALERT

I watched "Bird Box" on Netflix the other night. Really crappy IMHO.

It starts out with people killing themselves after looking at a mysterious entity. The viewer never gets to see what the victims see. You only know that it casts a big shadow, blows around trees and bushes, and gets birds very upset (which is part of the reason for the name of the movie).

The only people who can look at it and survive are escapees from a psychiatric hospital. They love the entity.

Sandra Bullock's character attempts to escape, blindfolded, with two children, by traveling down a river. She is very tough but insulates herself from others (she named the children Boy and Girl). The writer doesn't give much of her background story so the viewer never finds out why she is like that.

All during the movie I kept asking myself why isn't there any visually impaired people in this town? Watch the movie to the end and you'll see why.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    www.disclosurebeginsathome.wordpress.com
    Disclosure begins at home so start a conversation about UFOs.
    "Debunkers are like school yard bullies." - Kevin Smith to Leslie Kean, August 31, 2010

The Umbrella Academy is a new series on Netflix: Binged it over a two day period. Writing, directing, filming and acting is incredible. It is based on a comic series. From what I read, a second season is planned. It is a science fiction, time travel.

Teaser trailer

Longer trailer
    Last edited by CasperParks; 02-24-2019 at 09:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CasperParks View Post
    The Umbrella Academy is a new series on Netflix: Binged it over a two day period. Writing, directing, filming and acting is incredible. It is based on a comic series. From what I read, a second season is planned. It is a science fiction, time travel.

Teaser trailer

Longer trailer
    I'll check it out.
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
    - Charles Darwin

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CasperParks View Post

Teaser trailer

Longer trailer
    I watched it too and I found it so funny. They better have a second season. There are a lot more questions to be answered.
    www.disclosurebeginsathome.wordpress.com
    Disclosure begins at home so start a conversation about UFOs.
    "Debunkers are like school yard bullies." - Kevin Smith to Leslie Kean, August 31, 2010

I thought the film was well written, directed and casting excellent. The story has complexity and mystery.

It's difficult to offer a full review without spoilers. A sequel would be interesting, however I do not expect it. After watching the film, I watched one of those "endings of a film explained" at Looper's Youtube channel. To avoid tempting spoilers, I am not posting the link for Looper - The Ending Of I Am Mother Explained.

I recommend the film.

After watching it, I recommend Looper "The Ending Of I Am Mother Explained" as a summery of the story.
    Last edited by CasperParks; 06-23-2019 at 03:46 AM.

Waking-up in a different body everyday... Then one day falling in love. I think the film good, well written, directed and casting was excellent. The story is based on a novel written by David Levithan. There are companions to the first novel, Another Day and Someday.

Someday looks like an interesting read.

Because "A" moves from body to body, a stellar cast was needed. Angourie Rice portrays the girl... The character "A" is portrayed by Justice Smith, Jeni Ross, Lucas Jade Zumann, Rory McDonald, Katie Douglas, Jacob Batalon, Ian Alexander, Sean Jones, Colin Ford, Jake Sim, Nicole Law, Karena Evans, Owen Teague and Hannah Alissa Richardson.

"A" tries not to disrupt the lives of those he inhabits, however that is easier said than done...

I streamed Every Day through Amazon and like it so well, ordered a Blu-Ray copy.
    Last edited by CasperParks; 07-24-2019 at 02:32 AM.