Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey, long time no see.

Cool Hey, long time no see.

Hi all. I just decided to pop back here after joining long long ago in the wake of the openminds forum closing. I'm not even sure I ever posted anything here, so this might be my first post

I'm pretty sure some of you will know who I am, I recognise a few names, EPO and Calikid, Isaac. The drone days are now far away, and apparently I was dubbed a CG god, which I think was stretching it. Saladfingers, bubble buster, shill, agent for some alphabet agency... or just a bloke in England who wanted to wake people up to the changing nature of photographic evidence, and the growing abilities of 3d software.

In the last 10 years I've been through some pretty intense and life changing experiences. I was never the sceptic, but some couldn't see beyond my rational argument regarding the Californian drone case. But I've been witness to some pretty insane things since then... some that I can't even talk about. Suffice to say, I really just wanted to say hi to some familiar faces of whom I'm very pleased to still see about.
    Maybe I'll even try and get involved in a few topics here and there.

Anyway, if anyone remembers me, say hi! ...and I hope you're all doing well. I think we're in for an interesting year and decade ahead...

K

The video is still being enjoyed out there despite it all.

p.s. I have absolutely no idea why I called myself Xcal when I signed up... maybe it was meant to mean Excalibur. But hey ho... that's my name here so, there you go!

Well hi, and welcome back.

Good to see you again.

Most of the people here, including the entire staff here, came over from OM.
    So there should indeed be a number of familiar faces (well, I use the term loosely) around.

(Sadly, some also passed away: Doc, Etherian, Majicbar ...)
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
    - Charles Darwin

Welcome back aboard. Always great to hear from researchers and friends from the past.

I agree we'er in for a great ride in the years ahead, especially where AI and other technologies are heading!
    Last edited by epo333; 12-29-2019 at 04:11 PM.

Thanks chaps. Truly appreciate the welcome

Really sorry to hear about the losses though. That's a real pity, I remember them all being very smart and lovely people. Doc especially was very kind to me. Glad I had a chance to talk with and learn from them when I did at least.

You lot are all still rocking though, and that's the good thing! Really great to see old names again actually.
    I know it's only a decade, but that's plenty. 12 years actually. So with a new decade rolling in, it's a good time to say hello again I think!

re: A.I. ...I've been studying that a lot actually. A can of worms I tell you! Interesting to see Boris Johnson's speech at the UN about it. Positioning the narrative of governmental fear of the unknown aspect of such futures where control is lost to it, or the controllers of it.
    Also, trust in AI is essential, because once you have people believing that it can answer all problems, then you can start making stuff up, and just pretending that the AI said it, and it must be trusted because AI is smarter than even your leaders!... right?
    "Let us see the data!" we cry! .... "oh", says the Man, "it's too complicated to understand for a mere person, now stick this down your throat and go back to work"... Ha ha, call me jaded. Phillip K Dick land.

The god making industry stomps on.
    Anyway, like I say... Can of worms!! But an interesting decade assured. Will anyone keep up is the question!

Really good to see you both, and thank you again for the welcome. Raise a glass to the fallen this eve, and have a good one. x

Blog Entries
    Welcome to the Outpost Forum, Xcal.

As an ex MUFON field investigator, I can tell you how the drones we have now are such a pain in the butt. I hope you will post some of your thoughts about them and CGI. I look forward to reading it.
    www.disclosurebeginsathome.wordpress.com
    Disclosure begins at home so start a conversation about UFOs.
    "Debunkers are like school yard bullies." - Kevin Smith to Leslie Kean, August 31, 2010

Hello, it is nice to see ya. I am pretty new around and I feel sorry for the loss of friends. Looking forward to read your thoughts. ^_^

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Xcal View Post
    Hi all. I just decided to pop back here after joining long long ago in the wake of the openminds forum closing. I'm not even sure I ever posted anything here, so this might be my first post

I'm pretty sure some of you will know who I am, I recognise a few names, EPO and Calikid, Isaac. The drone days are now far away, and apparently I was dubbed a CG god, which I think was stretching it. Saladfingers, bubble buster, shill, agent for some alphabet agency... or just a bloke in England who wanted to wake people up to the changing nature of photographic evidence, and the growing abilities of 3d software.

In the last 10 years I've been through some pretty intense and life changing experiences. I was never the sceptic, but some couldn't see beyond my rational argument regarding the Californian drone case. But I've been witness to some pretty insane things since then... some that I can't even talk about. Suffice to say, I really just wanted to say hi to some familiar faces of whom I'm very pleased to still see about.
    Maybe I'll even try and get involved in a few topics here and there.

Anyway, if anyone remembers me, say hi! ...and I hope you're all doing well. I think we're in for an interesting year and decade ahead...

K

<snip video>

The video is still being enjoyed out there despite it all.

p.s. I have absolutely no idea why I called myself Xcal when I signed up... maybe it was meant to mean Excalibur. But hey ho... that's my name here so, there you go!
    Hello,
    Saladfingers... now there's a name I have not heard in a Loooong time. Haha.
    Alway felt your videos transcended from graphics and into an artform. Impressive.
    I didn't always agree with your conclusions, but I did enjoy the debates.
    Welcome back to the forum Xcal. Hope you can share some of your recents works.
    Your AI comments sound both interesting and terrifying. Let's hope the world can keep a leash on it.
    The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but
    progress. -- Joseph Joubert
    Attachment 1008

Hi NewYorkLily, thank you for the welcome. I certainly do have a few thoughts on the drones, CG probably less so in a way. The perpetrators of CG stuff stick out like a sore thumb thankfully. I mean, sightings are so common these days, no one is shouting out to be amazed by fakes thankfully. I'm sure a few slip through the net, but in my experience, most of the major attention remains on genuine videos.
    The biggest problem right now (which is a double edge sword) is that we have too much false reporting. Namely, drones, but as someone who keeps an eye on mufon reports I see a giant leap in Elon Musk Starlink sightings. Having accidentally witnessing it myself at 5 am, I for a short while thought I was observing something other worldly, but then I had seen about starlink and looked it up to find a live map of its path, confirming my suspicion that this was indeed what I had seen.

However, most people aren't clued in to it, so it will have an effect of many 100s of thousands of people, maybe millions thinking they have seen something stranger than it is. The double edge sword of course, is that it might inspire much more sky watching, which is where the real truth is at. The desire to say hello again (to friends in the sky), or to witness something weird can spur just that result.

So I expect to see a much bigger interest in the subject in the coming decade. By design or a side effect? Dunno, but they (those narrators and powermongers) can't be oblivious to the effect it is having. The narrative is changing with all this slowly, but as i heard someone else saying the other day (somewhere on the net), it seems as though they want to pretend everything in the last 100 years didn't happen, and present it (the ufo phenomenon) as something "new" to the masses.

It might even be a wise move... it is possible that the truth would cause more harm than good, if some of the stories end up being true. All these cans of worms.

So yeah, increase in false sightings - bad... increase in sky watching and open mindedness - good. It doesn't make it any less frustrating for the more seasoned watcher... a lot more noise to signal.

--------------------------------------------------------->

Hi Cyberabel, welcome to you too then They're a lovely lot here, as displayed above I think. I look forward to chatting!

--------------------------------------------------------->

Cali : ) I haven't gone by the name of Saladfingers since.... ohhh, before you were born. Well, that might be a bit of an exaggeration.

You know, on some things, with more perspective I wouldn't agree with everything I have said back then either. Life's a journey, to put it lightly. But at the end of the day, i wouldn't waste time debating with anyone that didn't have my respect. We learn more when we don't agree and listen to the opposing view anyway. It is always in the "why?" that we find the impasse and understand alternative views on the world/reality. I look forward to being opposed should it be required! : ) Though I'm sure we'll be in agreement more than not for the most part. ..........I've ... seen things.... I have a broad perspective these days quite frankly. Personal experiences carry weight. A lot more is going on than is obvious or fathomable down on the ground, or from our humble perspectives.

Anyway, real good to see you again, and glad that you're still around and active too. I'm looking forward to finding where everyone is at and what is tingling their spidey senses these days.

Right, I'm working on something fun for the new year, so I'd best get back to it! Speak soon y'all! I'll probably get a bit more involved come the new year.

By the way, before I go... has anyone else noticed a change in time perception over the last few years increasingly? Days running out way faster than it feels like they should, impacting how much can be achieved in a day. Maybe it is just age, but it feels quite noticeable to me. It seems to come in waves, as it isn't constant. The effect seems to waver. Interested in others thoughts. It might be all psychological, or physiological, but I suspect something else more cosmological. Lots of the logicals. Have a good eve all!

Hello Saladfingers!

Very nice to see you here, hope you're well?

And a very Happy New Year to all our members, Inl think 2020 is gonna be an interesting year.
    The OutPost Forum - "Breaking the Boundaries of Science, Exploring the Frontier of Understanding"

Banned
    hi Xcal, i've not been around myself either. I had a severe stroke on my left side so typing is a bit slow, still, good to see a fellow brit back here and look forward to reading your posts!

A great and prosperous new year to you and everyone.