I recall being in middle school, about the time of my birthday.
Watched the first lunar landing on TV with my parents. One of those special days you remember the rest of your life.
Feel free to share your memories here, in writing. Or record an audio clip, and email to NASA.

NASA wants your memories of the Apollo 11 Moon landing
It hopes to document the cultural experience of space exploration.
By Jon Fingas

Were you fortunate enough to watch the Apollo 11 Moon landing as it happened, or know someone who did? NASA wants to hear from you. It recently launched a story program that asks the public to submit audio recordings of their Apollo 11 memories in a bid to create an oral history of the event in sync with its 50th anniversary. All you have to do is record a story or interview (shorter ones are preferred, email it and details to a special address (apollostories@mail.nasa.gov) and check your inbox in case NASA wants a follow-up. There are suggested questions if you're not sure what to ask.

You have until the end of 2019 to submit recordings, although you'll have your "best chance" of making it into the official audio series if you send your file before June 14th. Longer clips may be reserved for the web or social networks.
Story Continues