Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 40

Thread: Unidentified: Inside America's UFO Investigation. NEW on History Channel

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by calikid View Post
    S1E6 was the Series finale.
    It was a good one.

    The team (Lu & TDL) went to Italy and spoke with a group about their UFO encounters.
    The group revealed some interesting facts.
    A few of the facts:
    1) Italy has a database of some 13,000 sightings dating back to 1901 (A copy on a flash drive was provided to Lu, reminds me somewhat of the Cometa report.).
    2) A story about a helicopter shot down by a UFO was told. A "beam" was used to melt the rotors.
    3) The UFOs must leave stealth mode (uncloak) to fire their weapons.
    4) The beam was at a particular wavelength, that wavelength could be used for possible communication.
    5) We cannot launch missiles against them, or the missile is "returned" (Reminds me of the Vietnam encounters).
    6) We cannot harm them unless they are uncloaked. Only then can "depleted uranium" rounds be effective.

    It will be interesting to see if the database becomes public.
    FWIW, Paola Harris, who has investigated this Italian case, said on Facebook that most of the facts presented in this episode with regard this case were wrong.
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

    Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
    - Charles Darwin

  2. #22
    Lead Moderator calikid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Sunny California
    Posts
    8,923
    Blog Entries
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by Garuda View Post
    FWIW, Paola Harris, who has investigated this Italian case, said on Facebook that most of the facts presented in this episode with regard this case were wrong.
    She may be right, but I must say the credentials of the Italian Presenters certainly looked valid.

    Dr. Roberto Pinotti
    Founder, Centro Ufologico Nazionale (CUN)

    Lt. Col. Clarbruno Vedruccio
    Special Forces Commander, Italian Navy

    The Special Forces gentleman who did most of the talking, seemed very serious.
    Presented pictures as evidence for the helicopter story.
    And apparently had access to the 13,000 report database.
    At the very least it seems to imply access.

    Did Ms Harris mention anything specific?
    Did she think he was intentionally misleading us (disinfo)?
    Mistaken about the facts?
    Or maybe just embellishing the cases, to make them seem more dramatic?

    Like I said before, sure hope that database becomes public (after translation to English! LoL).
    Sounded like a wealth of research information.
    The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but
    progress. -- Joseph Joubert
    Attachment 1008

  3. #23
    This is what she said:

    That episode on History ‘s “Unidentified” show has misleading and false data influencing the general public! I covered the italian “ Caronia” case personally..there was no aggression but a mysterious problem with balls of light coming out of the ocean in sicily and the magnetic quality caused houses to catch fire! No one died and even the FEMA ( it was not a military) helicopter landed safely pilot and all! I was told by the same italian tv players that it was and remains an enigma. It influenced my book “ How do you speak to a ball of light?”
    The real stuff is hidden from us and in military hands. We are basing opinions on manipulated TV information to present a security threat where there is NONE.. and never has been!
    But war and arms based economy makes money! Look at your 4 th of July parade. It was not James Cagney and Yankee Doodle dandy.. it was a show of Tanks../
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

    Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
    - Charles Darwin

  4. #24
    Lead Moderator calikid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Sunny California
    Posts
    8,923
    Blog Entries
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by Garuda View Post
    This is what she said:
    Thanks for sharing that.
    She certainly has another spin on things.
    They did indeed discuss the "lights from the ocean that were setting houses on fire".
    And they said a helicopter was dispatched to investigate (never stated if FEMA or Military).
    They did provide a photo (from area resident, apparently unbiased) as I mentioned earlier, of "something" following the helicopter.

    It was claimed the object fired upon the 'copter with a "beam" that melted the rotors.
    They also mentioned the helicopter was able to land, with no fatalities.
    I suppose the additional details about the "frequency" information and the inability to "fire missiles at the UFOs" were related to other cases. Unclear.

    So the facts line up, seems to be an issue of interpretation/spin.
    I guess if you own a hammer, you see everything as a nail.
    The military sees the world through the lens of threat assessment.
    Cannot help but think of a wasp nest. Left alone they don't bother anyone, but threatened they can become a nasty threat.
    I for one hope cooler heads prevail, and other points of view beyond aggression can be openly expressed.
    Additionally research on the "frequency" angle to establish (radio?) contact sounded promising.
    The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but
    progress. -- Joseph Joubert
    Attachment 1008

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by calikid View Post
    Thanks for sharing that.
    She certainly has another spin on things.
    They did indeed discuss the "lights from the ocean" that were setting houses on fire".
    And they said a helicopter was dispatched to investigate (never stated if FEMA or Military).
    They did provide a photo (from area resident, apparently unbiased) as I mentioned earlier, of "something" following the helicopter.

    It was claimed the object fired upon the 'copter with a "beam" that melted the rotors.
    They also mentioned the helicopter was able to land safely, with no fatalities.
    I suppose the additional details about the "frequency" information and the inability to "fire missiles at the UFOs" were related to other cases. Unclear.

    So the facts line up, seems to be an issue of interpretation/spin.
    I guess if you own a hammer, you see everything as a nail.
    The military sees the world through the lens of threat assessment.
    Cannot help but think of a wasp nest. Left alone they don't bother anyone, but threatened they can become a nasty threat.
    I for one hope cooler heads prevail, and other points of view beyond aggression can be openly expressed.
    Additionally research on the "frequency" angle to establish (radio?) contact sounded promising.
    That wasp nest analogy is a good one. I think I'll start using it...
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

    Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
    - Charles Darwin

  6. #26
    Someone else posted something about the fires being unrelated and down to arson.
    The guy having been caught.

    The ‘threat’ has been stoked throughout the series. I can see it could just be spin , to sell the idea to Congress and get some traction on the matter, but I really hope this doesn’t end up with a call for a space force.
    We need all on the facts. As far as I’m aware there doesn’t seem to be a clear danger from the phenomenon?

    But TDL has clearly been told they are (some of them at least) are dangerous. Eric Davis thinks so.
    We are in possession of so few facts we can’t figure it out.

  7. #27
    All this has been lauded by some as some great disclosure....The series itself did not reveal anything really that we did not already know....

  8. #28
    Lead Moderator calikid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Sunny California
    Posts
    8,923
    Blog Entries
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by X-Origins View Post
    All this has been lauded by some as some great disclosure....The series itself did not reveal anything really that we did not already know....
    Hi X-Origins, thanks for your comments.

    I think the point has more to do with the caliber of witnesses, than the overt fact that UFOs exist.
    IMHO Lew and his group have made a positive contribution, but must be viewed within the confines of his (prior experience) military POV.
    On the positive side, after all these years of Government denial and ridicule, to have military witnesses CONFIRM what we in the UFO community already know (ie UFOs exists), was a positive step on the road to disclosure.
    I am happy to see MSM reporting UFO stories, WITHOUT the giggle factor.
    Hard for MSM's talking heads to giggle when the people reporting/being interviewed are authorized to carry Nuclear Weapons and/or are responsible for the safety of our nation.
    As opposed to reports by potentially less credible "Salt of the Earth" type witnesses, who may be dismissed after being made to look foolish by various disinfo entities.
    On the negative side, Lew's group tends to go beyond "They Exists" and emphasize the "Threat to National Security" topic. The topic of threat assessment is certainly worth reviewing but a much lower priority on my list, after establishing contact and possible positive/peaceful relations.
    The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but
    progress. -- Joseph Joubert
    Attachment 1008

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by calikid View Post
    Hi X-Origins, thanks for your comments.

    I think the point has more to do with the caliber of witnesses, than the overt fact that UFOs exist.
    IMHO Lew and his group have made a positive contribution, but must be viewed within the confines of his (prior experience) military POV.
    On the positive side, after all these years of Government denial and ridicule, to have military witnesses CONFIRM what we in the UFO community already know (ie UFOs exists), was a positive step on the road to disclosure.
    I am happy to see MSM reporting UFO stories, WITHOUT the giggle factor.
    Hard for MSM's talking heads to giggle when the people reporting/being interviewed are authorized to carry Nuclear Weapons and/or are responsible for the safety of our nation.
    As opposed to reports by potentially less credible "Salt of the Earth" type witnesses, who may be dismissed after being made to look foolish by various disinfo entities.
    On the negative side, Lew's group tends to go beyond "They Exists" and emphasize the "Threat to National Security" topic. The topic of threat assessment is certainly worth reviewing but a much lower priority on my list, after establishing contact and possible positive/peaceful relations.
    There has been no proof that these things are a national security threat yet...I believe the main reason for Congress especially getting involved is for the protection of our service members...

    As far as Elizondo my jury is still out on him...And as for Delonge he has no credibility with me at all.

    On the positive side, after all these years of Government denial and ridicule, to have military witnesses CONFIRM what we in the UFO community already know (ie UFOs exists), was a positive step on the road to disclosure.
    It's only one step and in the great scheme of things most likely will not proceed any further.

    I think the point has more to do with the caliber of witnesses, than the overt fact that UFOs exist.
    I don't agree with this..Just because they are pilots it does not make their statements anymore credible than joe blow's statement standing on a hilltop...Though I see what you're saying and understand it.

    Hard for MSM's talking heads to giggle when the people reporting/being interviewed are authorized to carry Nuclear Weapons and/or are responsible for the safety of our nation.
    More for the safety of our pilots than anything else....

  10. #30
    Lead Moderator calikid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Sunny California
    Posts
    8,923
    Blog Entries
    19
    As far as TDL goes, I was impressed he showed so much restraint.
    He was only around peripherally, as support. Minimal face time during the series.
    Being a former rock star, used to hogging the spotlight, you know that could not have been easy for him.
    But IMHO he acted like a true promoter, stepped aside and let Lew tell the story.
    The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but
    progress. -- Joseph Joubert
    Attachment 1008

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •