Thread: Software Question?

Software Question?

Is there a program / software that anyone recommends for building websites?

I've been using freeware for years. Want something that makes it easy to add videos, maybe links for video and audio files like at soundcloud, spotify,youtube and so-on. Audio isn't a top priority.

Adding Youtube links where someone can watch the youtube video at the website is important... Want something that is easy to use without going into HTML Source.

I've seen a few programs / software, however don't want to pay a fee every month or year. Buy the software and use it with paying additional fees.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Casper...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CasperParks View Post

I've been using freeware for years. Want something that makes it easy to add videos, maybe links for video and audio files like at soundcloud, spotify,youtube and so-on. Audio isn't a top priority.

Adding Youtube links where someone can watch the youtube video at the website is important... Want something that is easy to use without going into HTML Source.

I've seen a few programs / software, however don't want to pay a fee every month or year. Buy the software and use it with paying additional fees.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Casper...
    I'm more of a Network hardware and OS software guy.
    But when it comes to websites, Garuda has skills.
    Maybe he can make recommendations?
    The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but
    progress. -- Joseph Joubert
    Attachment 1008

Quote Originally Posted by CasperParks View Post

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Casper...
    You're probably best off using a free CMS system.

If you have the option to use a database, then WordPress is the easiest way to go. About a quarter of the websites on the Internet are built in WordPress.

Many ISPs even offer 'one click install' buttons to install WordPress.

Mind you, because it is so popular, it is also popular among hackers.
    You need to check the admin section of your site at least twice a week to see if there are updates to be installed.

If you need any assistance, give me a shout.
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
    - Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by Garuda View Post
    You're probably best off using a free CMS system.

If you have the option to use a database, then WordPress is the easiest way to go. About a quarter of the websites on the Internet are built in WordPress.

Many ISPs even offer 'one click install' buttons to install WordPress.

Mind you, because it is so popular, it is also popular among hackers.
    You need to check the admin section of your site at least twice a week to see if there are updates to be installed.

If you need any assistance, give me a shout.
    Thanks...