Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread: Corona Virus and Disclosure - Public Reactions

I'm 70, with COPD, sleep apnea, AFIB, am a stroke survivor and have a bad heart valve. I can get the shot as soon as VA gets their personnel immunized. Probably will. Good to see you, Epo.

Checking out all of my old haunts since I got permanently banned from Facebook for my contrary political views.
    Last edited by theavenger; 12-20-2020 at 04:40 PM. Reason: poor grammar
    There's something happening here. What it is ain't exactly clear.

Wish you luck. I probably will as well.
    There's something happening here. What it is ain't exactly clear.

Blog Entries
    Seeing the surge from Christmas 2020 right now. Probably due to travelers that ignored the Government pleas to stay home.
    NO ICU beds or ventilators available in my region. 100% used up, and they anticipate another surge post New Years celebration.

The vaccine hit town a few days ago, so far all I have heard is that hospital staff are getting the Pfizer shots (the $20/dose shot that requires ultra-cold storage).
    Not sure when the rest of us get to line up.
    There are reports that Moderna vaccine ($37/dose) has made an appearance in the area, but due to it's easy storage (standard freezer temps) it seems to be destined for more rural areas that don't have ultra-cold storage facilities.
    The AstraZenica vaccine is projected to be ready for "emergency use" sometime in April. Still pending FDA review in USA, but approved in the UK.
    The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but
    progress. -- Joseph Joubert
    Attachment 1008

Blog Entries
    We have moved into 2021 with the Pfizer vaccine being widely distributed.
    To speed things along, it was being considered to take the held-back vaccine doses (aka the second required dose) and distribute it to enlarge the number of people receiving the vaccine.
    The idea was to use the reserves, and simply rely on restocks to cover the needs.
    However, when the reserves were examined it was discovered that NO RESERVES EXISTED.

Still waiting to see WHO dropped the ball on this one?!?
    Attachment 1008

Blog Entries
    The Moderna vaccine is beginning to become widespread in distribution.
    BUT, there have been some reports of severe reactions in small (regional/facility) groups of people.
    At least one "Batch" has been placed on hold while the problem is investigated.
    Attachment 1008

Quote Originally Posted by calikid View Post
    We have moved into 2021 with the Pfizer vaccine being widely distributed.
    To speed things along, it was being considered to take the held-back vaccine doses (aka the second required dose) and distribute it to enlarge the number of people receiving the vaccine.
    The idea was to use the reserves, and simply rely on restocks to cover the needs.
    However, when the reserves were examined it was discovered that NO RESERVES EXISTED.

Still waiting to see WHO dropped the ball on this one?!?
    IMO, using the expected 2nd dose is a terrible idea. Even 1st graders are taught to finish what you start!

I'm also wondering if they are not inadvertently selecting for versions of the virus immune o the effects of the vaccination program by doing this. After all, the only version which can replicate is the version which has the ability to do so.
    Another side of me suggests it is quite deliberate, so that such a version arises and provides a pretext for something else.

They are just trying to vaccinate as many people as possible as quickly as possible. The estimated 100,000,000 people with virus at the moment gives a massive pool in which new mutations arise. The larger the pool the more variants will spring up.
    At the moment the new mutations don't seem to stop the vaccine but the next wave certainly will, it a race against time to get people vaccinated. Netherlands confirmed UK variant is 70% more contagious.

The other day our family got the first of our Covid vaccines. They made us wait outside in-line in bone chilling 35 degree weather. When we got home it was snowing and we got over 3 inches that day.

On the plus side it looks like we are starting to get things under control.
    My inner Mulder wants to believe, but my inner Scully remains skeptical.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    The other day our family got the first of our Covid vaccines. They made us wait outside in-line in bone chilling 35 degree weather. When we got home it was snowing and we got over 3 inches that day.

On the plus side it looks like we are starting to get things under control.
    Sounds like quite the ordeal, but at least you got the first shot.
    Down here in Cali there is something of a shortage of vaccines. "They" are just finishing up the Front Line medical ppl & 75yo and older ppl.
    Hopefully they will move onto the next group soon, and more vaccine shipments will arrive.
    No first shot for me yet.
    Attachment 1008