Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Open Minds forum no longer exists.

Open Minds forum no longer exists.

Account Suspended
    In accordance with Section 25(a) of the ProBoards Terms of Service, this forum has been taken offline.

Weird stuff has been happening on there for about 2 weeks. And now its gone altogether.

Open Minds Closed

Yes, it is rather disconcerting. I haven't been there for a little while and when I returned, there it wasn't. Any idea who p!55ed off who?

Posts were being moved around and deleated by someone but nobody seemed to know who.

Yea, they got me too. My posts were being deleted also. I had some threads deleted also.
    A fantastic journey begins with curiosity

Blog Entries
    MOD ACTION: Deleted by DF
    Last edited by Dragonfire; 01-09-2012 at 04:47 PM. Reason: harassment of other member
    "Toon, with an attitude like that I'm surprised you're not in jail". Brother Dankk

Quote Originally Posted by tl2 View Post
    Posts were being moved around and deleated by someone but nobody seemed to know who.
    I'm sure most of us know why it was taken off the air. One grievance on the heels of another grievance. I'm pretty sure Proboards got sick and tired of having to deal with it.

Once the posse is riding up your backside,your run is over.

Looks like Archistrategos will continue the messages at Amkon to speak to his friends. The Borg place

Its a great loss IMO. I remember fore saying back in 2009 that OMF would not be around in 2012.

To clear up two issues:

1) No one here was moving and deleting posts there. I don't believe any of us had the powers to do so much after November. Any deletion/moving up to the opening here was done in the line of duty only. Every moderator and admin here did his or her job up until such time as they lost their powers in early December.

2) There were multiple complaints to Proboards by multiple members and former members. Proboards did not act in response to a vendetta by one individual. Proboards acted when the number of complaints from a number of individuals became a liability.

If you want to discuss OM here, stick to how you feel or what you know, as I just did. If this turns into blaming and personal attacks it will be locked. One person is responsible for the demise of OM. That person is not here.

Quote Originally Posted by tl2 View Post
    Its a great loss IMO. I remember fore saying back in 2009 that OMF would not be around in 2012.
    I actually recall something like that. But from that temporal distance I didn't get much coherent information back in 2009-2008.

Two years before the shutdown of today I heard a number of ET's discussing OM between myself and the others. Many opinions of different kinds but mostly it gravitated around two or three core points of view. Out of the three core views the most interesting one (to me at least) was that they didn't want the keywords "Open Minds" to be associated with the forum in light of the subjects they were talking about.

The subjects various ET groups were talking about were the scenarios and concepts surrounding the pre-planned contact/appearance. Different scenarios had the internet more or less intact while other scenarios did not have the internet intact as a form of media. So I guess the idea that a public audience typing in "Open" "Minds" into a search engine the day after they arrive and coming across our former place was not an "appealing scenario" from the way the various ET individuals talked about it.

They told me they didn't want my content to be seen.

About two years prior I began talking about it lightly both on the forum and in private chats. I mentioned it every now and then.

-----------

About a little over a year out, I realized I was no longer a part of the forum in the near future as the information became more coherent and defined. I started bringing it up. About 9 months prior to today I realized that the little buggers were getting serious about the issue and started applying the proverbial crowbar to get me to stop talking and to leave the forum.

Both camps had the same sentiment that I talked too coherently about many subjects they preferred were not discussed. As far as I could tell some back and forth went on behind the curtain and finally the nasty side came out and told me (with threats) to cease and desist. I said no, bad things happened. I regretted saying no, so I told the others about it more than once.

Some misunderstood, and assumed some non-sense.

about 6 months prior, I left when the very issue of reporting the threat was adding to the frustration and disbelief. I left Bren with some fore-telling words of the future. Apparently it all came true. Some of the other Mods concerned and somewhat confused/astonished asked me why I said what I said. I told at least one of them, it was because I knew what was coming. I wanted to express what I had wanted at that time so I would not be left with the desire to say more at a future date.

Around that same time I was decidedly turning my back on the ET's. 3 to 4 months prior to the shutdown I turned my back completely on the ET's and disabled my abilities under an agreement with a number of Higher Order Entities.

2 Months prior to the shutdown I was banned about...7 or 9 times silently. Not by anyone here, but by someone whom is not here.

1.5 Months before the shutdown, I discovered that the best efforts to seek the help of others in stopping the quarreling that resulted in a [silent] permanent ban was no longer effective. Sparring Posts appeared quickly in public and disappeared just as quickly. This was [in part] some of the solvent that split the board cleanly in two. But not the whole reason (I imagine).

1.1 Months prior to the shutdown I discovered evidence of "foul play".

------------------

1 Month prior to the shutdown I found access to the forum and my account by using a Proxy. (then, through a number of different proxies in the week that followed).

In the hours of the 29th of November through the 1st of December, I was given the passive "heads up" by someone whom is not a human, I stated my case for about 4 or 5 days without interference. I used (and "abused") my abilities to read into the future situations and began to construct my arguments with the fore-knowledge of what would transpire. Slowly writing every counter that came to my pre-cognitive sight (but with the truth in hand). Our former Admin was unfortunately busy dealing with serious issues in the background which prevented him from stopping me directly as he seemingly had his hands full and then apparently accidentally banned himself. By the time I had said my peace, I had said more than enough by then that he allowed me three more days as he probably tried to figured out a way "to overcome it". I received one way emails of....I prefer not to say. He did seem at a loss for words in the constructed argument (I tried to leave him intentionally defenseless though) and the final Ban took place when he was seemingly left speechless.

I felt I had said my peace and let my frustration out of the bag. I continued to watch every other day. Then got down to catching up on work. (It was a very productive month!)

------------------

1 week before the shutdown there was word of people reporting !5 pages! of PM's in warnings to proboards. I was also approached by an ET on (*thinks*) December 30th through 1st of January. I was informed to take a pause in my reporting of ***. I wasn't listening as it's thoughts were directed at me but I did as instructed simply because it wouldn't do me any harm in either case, to do nothing.

Another ET told me on the 3rd of January (or was it 4th?), there was an undisclosed issue that they had dealt with but did not say anything else. Then on the 3rd (or 4th) I was told I can go about my business. To this day I do not know ?what it was about? and I didn't communicate as I don't wish to anymore. But I figure (gut feeling) an intervention or two took place.

Since then, there has been rumors of a "Ghost in the system" and I assume the former leader may have been visited or had a close encounter. Though, I do not know and probably should not speculate. It appears though that he has become a believer. I am only left to wonder why...if this is the case?

The shutdown then occurred because Proboards was apparently overtaxed due to the huge flood of reports. OM got a 25(a) shut down as a result.

--------------------------

This is the overview story as seen from *my* perspective. I don't know all of the details or all of the abuse reports. But for there to be 5 pages...there had to have been alot of reports being made from various people. Someone apparently even reported my own threads (Blog/Encounters).
    Last edited by Fore; 01-09-2012 at 06:20 PM.