Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Open Minds forum no longer exists.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by newyorklily View Post
    Gee, noot, I have a B.A. in English and it doesn't bother me.
    it should.
    "Toon, with an attitude like that I'm surprised you're not in jail". Brother Dankk

@ Dood, Archie seems to indicate you knew more than your were saying. Does this have anything to do with Software?

@ Fore, imagine having full control of your own brain so that others can't enter it, it might help bring the clarity you seek.

Again..... I believe I had the right line of thinking on what went down at OMF and noot seems to agree with me. It is not often that he agrees with me so don't spoil the moment

Edit to add: Fore, I don't even remember my home phone number let alone bank PIN numbers. I have access to far to many to know which is which, hence my secret notes to myself. I even have to write down on the back of each card I have for which account it belongs. I suffer short term memory loss thanks to the help of some pain meds sadly, but I do have my lucid moments
    Last edited by Pam; 01-09-2012 at 10:47 PM. Reason: To add the "Edit to add"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dood View Post
    Speculate all you want...

The fact of the matter is you do not KNOW what transpired.

Doc said it best...HERE!

Even most of the Moderators do not know every little detail but, we do know a lot more then all this guessing and plain old GOSSIP we have been hearing...

I know from my own perspective and my relationships with the staff from OMF that NO ONE was out to do any damage or hurt ANYone.
    No One was out to have the forum shut down. All roads of dialogue and diplomacy were used. This I KNOW. This is fact!
    If no-one was out to 'do any damage' then who was responsible for the hundreds of complaints to Proboards that resulted in the ban of OMF? Any theories, Dood? You say, "we do know a lot more then (sic) all this guessing and plain old GOSSIP we have been hearing." Well then kindly tell us the details so the 'plain old GOSSIP' will be invalidated. Is that too much to ask, Dood?
    "Toon, with an attitude like that I'm surprised you're not in jail". Brother Dankk

Quote Originally Posted by norenrad View Post
    Two things possible, either the people running OM just got tired of it or it was deliberately brought down by an organized source.
    Or perhaps a bunch of lunatics aren't really that good at running forums. I guess that requires a certain amount of rational thinking.

NO! I will not add to the pile.
    I do not know who was 'complaining' to Proboards so I will not speculate.
    There is no point.
    What some members MAY have did of their own volition is no concern to me and none of my business.

However, I will reiterate once again that NO ONE and I mean NO ONE on the staff was out to hurt or destroy OMF.
    No ONE!
    It was the farthest thing in anyone's mind while we were on staff and while we were off staff. (without any Moderating Abilities)

Quote Originally Posted by SolFlickan View Post
    Or perhaps a bunch of lunatics aren't really that good at running forums. I guess that requires a certain amount of rational thinking.
    Hey now, nobody said anything about a bunch... maybe justa' handful.

I believe that it was someone with a beef, outside the regulars. What ever happened, it was organized and required knowledge of how to shut down a message board.
    Last edited by norenrad; 01-09-2012 at 10:58 PM.
    This isn't poetry, this is the language of reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post

@ Fore, imagine having full control of your own brain so that others can't enter it, it might help bring the clarity you seek.
    Already do.

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    Again..... I believe I had the right line of thinking on what went down at OMF and noot seems to agree with me. It is not often that he agrees with me so don't spoil the moment
    Alright, bask in his glory I guess?

Quote Originally Posted by norenrad View Post
    Hey now, nobody said a bunch... maybe justa' handful.
    Hahahaha, OK. A handful of lunatics, then.

Quote Originally Posted by Dood View Post
    NO! I will not add to the pile.
    I do not know who was 'complaining' to Proboards so I will not speculate.
    There is no point.
    What some members MAY have did of their own volition is no concern to me and none of my business.

However, I will reiterate once again that NO ONE and I mean NO ONE on the staff was out to hurt or destroy OMF.
    No ONE!
    It was the farthest thing in anyone's mind while we were on staff and while we were off staff. (without any Moderating Abilities)

Dude....... nobody is blaming any of the owners of this Forum. Three names of posters that had reported complaints to Proboards have already been posted here and admitted to by the complainers themselves. They were Fore, Ed Fouche and Bigpappy. They have already stated this as fact.

You on the other hand, have been accused of some things in the past by Archie himself, again... things in the past.

I believe the owners of TOP have done nothing more than leave their old posts and start anew here. This isn't the first time this sort of "Forum Split/War" has happened and it probably won't be the last.

What ever happened at OM over the last two months was out of the control of any of the staff here at TOP. You can speculate, demand, jump up and down or plead and it will not do any one any good.

So feel free to use this space to lament that which was and to commiserate with your fellow members. Anything else is going off in a direction that is non-productive to say the least.