Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "The Myth That Is True" By Michael Heiser

Quote Originally Posted by ScaRZ View Post
    This whole earth will one day be Eden. The Divine Council will be right here on this earth........."Eden".
    I guess I will have to read his stuff, because I don't see Earth becoming Eden when it's written in 2 Peter 3:10 that, "But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything in it will be laid bare."

Now that version leaves room for interpretation, although this version does not, "But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up."

I'm not sure how "burned up" and "laid bare" or even "exposed" was translated from the original writings, but it is only by examining them can we get a better picture of what to expect.
    Last edited by norenrad; 01-16-2012 at 05:57 PM.
    This isn't poetry, this is the language of reality.

Quote Originally Posted by norenrad View Post
    I guess I will have to read his stuff, because I don't see Earth becoming Eden when it's written in 2 Peter 3:10 that, "But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything in it will be laid bare."

Now that version leaves room for interpretation, although this version does not, "But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up."

I'm not sure how "burned up" and "laid bare" or even "exposed" was translated from the original writings, but it is only by examining them can we get a better picture of what to expect.
    Yes,you do need to read it norenrad , then you will understand.

Blog Entries
    I believe God will reveal by opening up understanding when he chooses.
    Based upon a pile of nonsense repeated so often that it takes on the appearance of inevitability? And why, exactly, do you refer to God as "he?" She'll be very pissed. Just sayin, Thump.
    "Toon, with an attitude like that I'm surprised you're not in jail". Brother Dankk

Quote Originally Posted by noot View Post
    Based upon a pile of nonsense repeated so often that it takes on the appearance of inevitability? And why, exactly, do you refer to God as "he?" She'll be very pissed. Just sayin, Thump.
    I'm not getting into that in this thread. This should not drift into what you refer to as my own pile of nonsense and most certainly not your pile of nonsense. This is about Michael Heiser's book " "The Myth That Is True".

@Qrios

Welcome to The Outpost.

Good videos from Michael.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by noot View Post

IV05x1.jpg
    Money does not make you rich - wisdom does...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaRZ View Post
    @Qrios

Welcome to The Outpost.

Good videos from Michael.
    Thanx ScaRZ
    Money does not make you rich - wisdom does...

Blog Entries
    I thought you all would be interested in this;

From the Coast to Coast AM schedule for next week.

Thursday, February 2, 2012: Expert in theology, biblical languages, and world civilizations, Mike Heiser will update his research findings into theories of ancient astronauts, and alien DNA tinkering. Hosted by George Noory.
    www.disclosurebeginsathome.wordpress.com
    Disclosure begins at home so start a conversation about UFOs.
    "Debunkers are like school yard bullies." - Kevin Smith to Leslie Kean, August 31, 2010

Quote Originally Posted by newyorklily View Post
    I thought you all would be interested in this;

From the Coast to Coast AM schedule for next week.
    Thanks for the info NewYorkLily. This sounds very interesting.

We have time to arrange a discussion of the show on a thread here and send a link announcing the discussion to Coast to Coast, if anyone is interested. The connection between Ancient Astronaut investigations and Eschatology might be a unifying concept for a lot of people who don't see the relevance.