Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Olmec Yogis?

Olmec Yogis?

Several Olmec statuettes appear to depict traditional yoga poses.

Were the Olmecs in contact with India? Did they migrate to Middle-America from China?

Interesting article on Graham Hancock's website: "Olmec Yogis with Hindu Beliefs: Did they migrate from ancient China?", by Bibhu Dev Misra
    https://grahamhancock.com/dmisrab10/
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
    - Charles Darwin

How fascinating! I've always has an interest in the Olmec's and their art. Will research more on this.

Here's a photo of me at The Olmec/Zapotec center in Monte Albán, near the city of Oaxaca, MX walking down one of the pyramids there.

HTML Code:
    For it is in giving that we receive.
    ~ St. Francis of Assisi

Here's a better photo of that site:

HTML Code:
    ~ St. Francis of Assisi

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by A99 View Post
    How fascinating! I've always has an interest in the Olmec's and their art. Will research more on this.

Here's a photo of me at The Olmec/Zapotec center in Monte Albán, near the city of Oaxaca, MX walking down one of the pyramids there.

Awesome images in this thread! Thanks for the direction. Why is the image above so blue?

http://www.theoutpostforum.com/tof/s...ll=1#post49899

No reason why i changed it from it's original color version to blue. Just felt like it I guess. It's a personal photo and it seems less in-your-face that way.

Viewing Olmec art in google's images and found the following : The Olmec paintings of Oxtitlan Cave, Guerrero, Mexico. It bears a lot of resemblance, stylistically, to a primitive Chinese dragon.

http://fineouncegoldsmithcollective....of-dragon.html

Last edited by A99; 02-12-2017 at 11:10 PM.
    HTML Code:
    ~ St. Francis of Assisi

Just noticed a typo in my first post in this thread... it's "I've always had an interest in the Olmec's.... not I've always has an interest....

Anyway, very interested in researching ancient India including any information out there about them traveling across the ocean to the New World. I think this guy is really onto something.
    HTML Code:
    ~ St. Francis of Assisi

Oh, here's something....

India’s Ancient and Great Maritime History

This shows how ancient Vedic culture was able to reach many areas of the globe. We should first take into account that ancient India, which was centered around the Indus Valley years ago, and was already well developed before 3200 BCE, stretched from Afghanistan to the Indian Ocean and points farther east and north, the largest empire in the world at the time. But its influence spread much farther than that. During its peak developments, it had organized cities, multistory brick buildings, vast irrigation networks, sewer systems, the most advanced metalwork in the world, and a maritime trade network that incorporated the use of compasses, planked ships, and trained navigators that reached parts of western Asia, Mesopotamia, Africa, and other ports far beyond their borders. 1 So they were certainly capable of ocean-going trips that could have reached even to the Americas.
    Mexican archeologist Rama Mena points out in his book, Mexican Archeology, that Mayan physical features are like those of India. He also mentions how Nahuatl, Zapotecan, and Mayan languages had Hindu-European affinities.
    In this line of thinking, some American tribes have traditions of having ancestral homelands across the Pacific. A legend of Guatemala speaks of an ancient migration from across the Pacific to the city of Tulan. A tribe from Peru and Tucano of Columbia also relate in their traditions how ancestors sailed across the Pacific to South America.
    This information makes it clear that ancient India had the means to reach and in fact did sail to many parts of the world, including the ancient Americas, long before most countries. This is further corroborated by information in the chapter of Vedic culture in America in Proof of Vedic Culture’s Global Existence, for those of you who would like more information on this.
    Further evidence has been shown, such as that presented at a 1994 conference on seafaring in Delhi where papers had been presented that shows how Indian cotton was exported to South and Central America back in 2500 BCE. Another report suggested Indian cotton reached Mexico as far back as 4000 BCE, back to the Rig Vedic period. According to Sean McGrail, a marine archeologist at Oxford University, seagoing ships called ‘clinkers’ that were thought to be of Viking origin, were known in India a good deal earlier. Thus, India’s maritime trade actually flourished many years ago, along with many other of its advancements that are hardly recognized or accounted for today. 21
    This helps reveal that India’s maritime trade actually flourished more and far earlier than most people realize. This was one of the ways Vedic culture had spread to so many areas around the world. Though the talents and capabilities that came out of ancient India’s Vedic civilization have often remained unrecognized or even demeaned when discussed, nonetheless, the Vedic people were far more advanced in culture and developments then many people seem to care to admit, and it is time to recognize it for what it was.

http://www.dandavats.com/?p=20110
    Last edited by A99; 02-13-2017 at 01:15 AM.
    HTML Code:
    ~ St. Francis of Assisi

Interesting fact:

...the last cycle of the Mayan calendar started in 3113-14 BCE, very close to the Hindu dates of beginning of Kaliyuga! Without any connection between the two civilizations, their calendars begin with only a difference of 11 years. What is also interesting is that in both these calendars, this is the last stage of the cycle.

http://decodehindumythology.blogspot...-of-mercy.html

HTML Code:
    ~ St. Francis of Assisi

The Olmecs were the original creators of what is popularly called the Mayan Calendar.

Anyway.... the Olmecs appeared in MX out the blue as a fully formed civilization. Its most well-known artifacts are those large negroid heads which could have been the slaves or fellow boat-mates of not the Phoenicians (based on evidence of Caucasian visitors during that time period in MX in those locations where the Olmecs lived) but ancient Indians from India. In other words, the Olmecs could have been ancient Indians from India. This explains why some of the the Olmecs artwork looks the way it does... Asian Indian. More later.
    Last edited by A99; 02-13-2017 at 05:45 AM.
    HTML Code:
    ~ St. Francis of Assisi

There's that Chinese influence too. Everything I've been Googling up on this topic seems to be supporting those facts cited in that article on Hancocks website. Very interesting.
    HTML Code:
    ~ St. Francis of Assisi