Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: What would it mean if we had good evidence?

Nice job, Lil!
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
    - Charles Darwin

If you look down the comments on the Examiner page there is a link to an Avalon thread discussing a similar object in Texas of the same year:

http://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...s-Sept-3-2011.

UFO%u0025252C+UFOs%252C+retangle%252C+diamond%252C+ET%252C+alien%252C+aliens%252C+Texas%252C+Nik.JPG

Has this came up in your research Lily?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ProblemChild View Post
    If you look down the comments on the Examiner page there is a link to an Avalon thread discussing a similar object in Texas of the same year:

http://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...s-Sept-3-2011.

UFO%u0025252C+UFOs%252C+retangle%252C+diamond%252C+ET%252C+alien%252C+aliens%252C+Texas%252C+Nik.JPG

Has this came up in your research Lily?
    Yes. That was investigated separately but the object is being compared with the NYC sighting.
    www.disclosurebeginsathome.wordpress.com
    Disclosure begins at home so start a conversation about UFOs.
    "Debunkers are like school yard bullies." - Kevin Smith to Leslie Kean, August 31, 2010

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Garuda View Post
    Nice job, Lil!
    Thank you, Garuda.
    "Debunkers are like school yard bullies." - Kevin Smith to Leslie Kean, August 31, 2010

Quote Originally Posted by newyorklily View Post
    Yes. My State Director conducted the photo analysis for the case. I tracked down the locations, estimated sizes and ruled out mundane objects. We both came to the same conclusion that this is an unknown object. I'm told that the case is going to be in the February issue of the MUFON Journal.
    Do you know if the state director was able to get hold of the original images?

If so any chance he would be willing to share them, ideally in public but privately if necessary? (It's always worth getting a second opinion.)

I look forward to reading your report.
    The OutPost Forum - "Breaking the Boundaries of Science, Exploring the Frontier of Understanding"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Do you know if the state director was able to get hold of the original images?

If so any chance he would be willing to share them, ideally in public but privately if necessary? (It's always worth getting a second opinion.)

He did use the original pictures for his analysis but it is not in his power to share them. According to MUFON regulations, all media (photos, videos, audio) belongs to the person who took them (in this case, the witness) and the witness' identity remains confidential until she/he chooses otherwise.
    Last edited by newyorklily; 01-11-2012 at 08:15 PM. Reason: spelling

Blog Entries
    Thank you, Lee. I own my part of the report so I will post it here after the Journal comes out next month. But, my part is nothing compared to the extensive analysis my state director performed on the photos. If you are a MUFON member, you will be able to read about it in the Journal. For those who are not members, I will see if there is a way to purchase a single issue and let you know here.

Can we really state the object is over the building?

It could be much closer to the camera....there is no depth of field.

It does look like a newspaper.....but I'd expect a newspaper not to retain it's rigidity as this seems to.

Mur, did you look at image number 3? The object is partially obscured by the building.

Thanks, Lil! I would like to read the full report if at all possible.
    The OutPost Forum - "Breaking the Boundaries of Science, Exploring the Frontier of Understanding"

Mur, did you look at image number 3? The object is partially obscured by the building.
    Yes. I looked at all 3

That's a different building the object goes behind....and there are many buildings in NYC...lol

The object can still be much closer to the camera, and goes behind another building....and be a mile away form the building that due to an optical illusion, the object appears to be over.

I'm no photo expect....but I'd sure like to here from Dr 11a.

To me....a non photo expert.....the focus is sharper on the object than it is on the building it appears to be over.

But seriously....how can you say where the object is?

All you can say is it appears to go behind one building....that building, may or may not be close to the other