Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leaked Pentagon UFO photograph

Leaked Pentagon UFO photograph

An intriguing image of a mysterious silver object hovering motionless in the sky has been published online.

Image Credit: UAPTF / The Debrief

Back in August it was confirmed that the US government had launched a new program known as the Unidentified Aerial Phenomena Task Force (UAPTF) which aims to bolster existing efforts to investigate unidentified aerial phenomena (UAPs) under the Office of Naval Intelligence.

More recently, we'd been starting to hear more about what this new task force is involved in and now an actual photograph of something strange in the sky has been leaked and published online.

According to The Debrief, the image, which shows an unidentified silver object hanging in the air, has been widely distributed in the Intelligence community and was reportedly taken by the backseat weapons systems operator of an F/A-18 fighter jet using their personal mobile phone.

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.co...ograph-emerges

Quite a number of people have pointed out the similarity with a popular type of batman balloon.

For an example, see here: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EoXSpVwUYAA_-79.jpg

However, meteorological experts say the balloon would not have survived at such altitude.
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
    - Charles Darwin

Well I would hope one of our US Fighter Pilots could Identify a mylar balloon in a clear blue sky right in front of him/her!

There is quite a resemblance though.

Quote Originally Posted by Garuda View Post
    Quite a number of people have pointed out the similarity with a popular type of batman balloon.

However, meteorological experts say the balloon would not have survived at such altitude.
    Just found this . . .

by: George Knapp
    Posted: Apr 6, 2021 / 06:10 PM PDT / Updated: Apr 7, 2021 / 04:40 PM PDT

Military and intelligence officials say they remain baffled by unusual, unidentified aircraft that have been encountered in recent years off both coasts of the United States.
    Many of the objects have been referred to as drones, but that is not what Pentagon investigators have been telling the chain of command behind the scenes.

More at link below:
    https://www.mysterywire.com/ufo/new-uap-photographs/

Mystery Wire Podcast - July 2019 Pyramid UFO swarm over a U.S. Navy destroyer

George Knapp and Jeremy Corbell discussing releasing the photos and footage

Blog Entries
    Related MSM newscast.
    Pentagon Confirms Leaked Photos, Video Of Unidentified Flying Objects
    A series of blinking, pyramid-shaped “unidentified aerial phenomena” were filmed by a Navy pilot over a U.S. destroyer off the coast of San Diego.
    By Mary Papenfuss
    Pentagon officials have confirmed that leaked photos and video of “unidentified aerial phenomena” were real, captured in 2019 by a Navy pilot.

The identity of the triangle- or pyramid-shaped aerial objects remains a mystery. The Defense Department isn’t sharing what it knows.

The photos and videos were first published by the Mystery Wire and Extraordinary Beliefs websites. The objects were photographed zipping over the USS Russell off San Diego in July 2019, according to investigative filmmaker Jeremy Corbell.

Photos of three unidentified flying objects reportedly taken in March that year — one spherical, another “acorn” shaped, and one described as a “metallic blimp” — were also taken by Navy personnel, Pentagon spokesperson Susan Gough told CNN.

Mystery Wire’s George Knapp reported that those objects were photographed off Naval Air Station Oceana in Virginia by an F-18 weapons systems officer seated behind the pilot, who used his iPhone.
    Story Continues

The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but
    progress. -- Joseph Joubert
    Attachment 1008

Blog Entries
    This was news to me.

New reference footage from night vision monoculars (including the military standard PVS-14) demonstrates pretty conclusively that the supposed flying pyramid UFO actually looks exactly like a slightly out of focus light in the sky - quite possibly just a plane, as the ship was right under a flight path for LAX.

Some of the other lights are identified as Jupiter and some stars.

I don't think that means the Navy got it terribly wrong. This was initially unidentified (with the UAP Task Force Investigates), and they maybe even thought it was a triangle for a few minutes. But it's not. It's just some lights in the sky.

Thanks to Jesse and Stian for the footage, and Dylan_DTV for finding the astronomy match.
    The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but
    progress. -- Joseph Joubert
    Attachment 1008

Quote Originally Posted by Garuda View Post

What if the balloon was somehow reinforced like if it were covered in that flexseal spray stuff?
    My inner Mulder wants to believe, but my inner Scully remains skeptical.

I think its going to be an interesting year.

So is this a new angle, one of attacking the intel communities with incompetency? IMHO, the U.S.N. seems to be leading the issue. There may be an actual shacking of the worm bucket!

The topic of UFOs/UAPs seems to be gaining more and more steam.

This morning I heard a radio show (WAMC pbs station) sighting a New Yorker article. I could not find a podcast for the show but did find the article.

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...ufos-seriously

Below is a fraction of it . . .

Within a month of the Times article’s publication, the Pentagon’s U.A.P. portfolio was reassigned to a civilian intelligence official with a rank equivalent to that of a two-star general. This successor—who did not want to be named, lest U.F.O. nuts swarm his doorstep—had read Kean’s book. He channelled the cascade of media interest to argue that, without a process to handle uncategorizable observations, rigid bureaucracies would overlook anything that didn’t follow a standard pattern. At the height of the Cold War, the government had worried that the noise of lurid phantasmagoria might drown out signals relevant to national security, or even provide cover for adversarial incursions; now, it seemed, the concern was that valuable intelligence wasn’t being reported. (The Nimitz encounter didn’t become subject to official investigation until years after the incident, when an errant file landed on the desk of someone who decided that it merited pursuit.) “What we needed,” the former Pentagon official said, “was something like the post-9/11 fusion centers, where a D.O.D. guy can talk to an F.B.I. guy and an N.R.O. guy—everything we learned from the 9/11 Commission.”

In the summer of 2018, Elizondo’s successor brandished Kean’s article to make this case to members of Congress. According to the former Pentagon official, a member of the Senate Armed Services Committee inserted language into the classified annex of the 2019 National Defense Authorization Act, passed in August of 2018, that obligated the Pentagon to continue the investigations. “The U.A.P. issue is being taken very seriously now even compared to where it was two or three years ago,” the former Pentagon official said.

Elizondo never got to Mattis, but his successor managed to get briefings in front of Mark Esper, the Secretary of Defense, as well as the director of National Intelligence, the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence, the Senate Armed Services Committee, and several members of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. Government officials in Japan later divulged to the media that they had discussed the topic in a meeting with Esper in Guam. When I asked the former Pentagon official about other foreign governments, he hesitated, then said, “We would not have moved forward without briefing close allies. This was bigger than the U.S. government.”

When I asked [Senator Harry] Reid about the confusion, he told me that he admired Kean but that he had never seen proof of any remnants—something Kean had never actually claimed. He left no doubt in our conversation as to his personal assessment. “I was told for decades that Lockheed had some of these retrieved materials,” he said. “And I tried to get, as I recall, a classified approval by the Pentagon to have me go look at the stuff. They would not approve that. I don’t know what all the numbers were, what kind of classification it was, but they would not give that to me.” He told me that the Pentagon had not provided a reason.