Thread: Conspiracy??? or Accident???

Conspiracy??? or Accident???

Analysts revealed today that 10 tankers carrying 13 million barrels of crude oil are already stuck, causing oil prices to spike 2 per cent over fears of a shortage.... The only alternative to going through the canal is for vessels to sail around the Horn of Africa and approach the Mediterranean from the west, adding 14 days and 5,000 nautical miles to the journey.

There are also the implications for food imports to Europe.

An excavator attempts to free stranded container ship Ever Given, one of the world’s largest container ships, after it ran aground, in Suez Canal, Egypt March 25, 2021.
    Last edited by epo333; 03-26-2021 at 12:16 AM.

I'd say accident. Allegedly, there was a sandstorm during the time this ship was navigating the canal. It is said that when ships enter the canal, the helm is given over to a different captain from the canal authority who has direct experience with navigating the canal. That captain then takes care of navigating the channel.

There are 11 sister ships within the same category and class of 400 meters long. They are allegedly able to handle 20,000 containers each. All start with the prefix "EVER ....."
    For every action, there is a corresponding over-reaction. -- Anonymous

I'm on the fence yet . . . Keep in mind that this 200,000 Ton cargo ship was supposedly blown off course by high winds. . . .Maybe!

On 23 March 2021 at 07:40 EGY (UTC+2) the wind was 6 mph (or 9.65 kmh) in around Cairo and 22 mph around Suez.

Here weather (wind speed) from Suez

I've small crafts, the largest being a 20ft Bayliner Cuddy Cabin, 4800lbs with only 125hp. It handled 30 mph winds with a struggle.

I have no idea what it would take to impede a 200,000 TON mass on a steady course. 22MPH just seems like a breeze to that much mass.

Any idea what kind of horsepower that thing has, how many props?

Ah, found it:

Mitsui–MAN B&W 11G95ME-C9 (59,300 kW)[4]

https://www.corporate.man.eu/en/pres...ce-252103.html

Propulsion:
    Single shaft; fixed pitch propeller
    Two bow thrusters[4]

Top speed around 22knots is pretty slow really, so then again could be an accident . . .
    Last edited by epo333; 03-27-2021 at 07:37 PM.

I'm confused as to why some of; if not most of the shipping containers haven't been unloaded. It would lighten the weight, making the ship more buoyant and easier to move. They'd probably have to use a helicopter, but it seems doable. Maybe some of the shipping containers are to heavy for a helicopter?
    Last edited by CasperParks; 03-27-2021 at 08:14 PM.

Think there are something like 13,000 containers on there and it’s in the middle is a desert with no easy way to get them off.
    They rotated it 30 degrees will surely get it on the move by end of the day

Apologies only shifted it 2 degrees, but full moon tonight so a spring tide of 18 inches. Also they are pumping out the ships water ballast if that fails they can pump out the fuel after that it s the containers

Well hopefully they will get enough out of the silt and sand to use their heavy duty bow thrusters, with tug assistance!

Suez Canal Is "Clear" As Ever Given Reaches Great Bitter Lake
    BY TYLER DURDEN

(Update 1220ET): With the Suez Canal clear, vessels who have been waiting nearly a week to transit the canal are finally entering.

Refinitiv marine traffic data shows general cargo ship Chipolbrok Galaxy has entered the northern end of the Suez Canal.

More than 450 vessels are waiting to transit the canal and could take at least ten days to normalize.

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/me...ally-refloated

https://twitter.com/EgyptTodayMag/st...ally-refloated