Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BFRO: The show

BFRO: The show

Here is a place to discus the BFRO show. They have some amazing footage pesented there. The last I just saw was a repeat of the North Carolina Uwharrie National Forest sighting. Sorry to say I missed the newest show.
    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"
    Sherlock Holmes

Cryptozoology is one of my favorite topics. I started checking the old website again recently. I'm looking forward to getting caught up.

The new season started last week I think. Crypto is one of my favorites too.
    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"
    Sherlock Holmes

Blog Entries
    Sorry, for those of us not "in the know", what exactly IS BFRO?

I get the BF=Big Foot
    The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but
    progress. -- Joseph Joubert
    Attachment 1008

Blog Entries
    I always associated Big Foot with the giant Sequoias of California.

And the Yeti with Himalaya mountains.

Are there "other" areas worldwide with similar reports?
    The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but
    progress. -- Joseph Joubert
    Attachment 1008

The show is really just starting out so I'm holding out hope for it, but I still have my doubts. If I hear one of them say squatch again I might just stop watching. Bobo swears that every sound and shadow is a Bigfoot so I take him with a grain of salt. He wants to believe too badly. That said,

I hope they make ALL the news channels cause one runs out and beats the crap out of the whole crew on camera. NOW THAT WOULD BE WORTH WATCHING!

I've seen a Bigfoot with my own eyes and yes, I'm a true believer they exist.

This show, I hope it goes somewhere, but like I said I have my doubts.

Quote Originally Posted by calikid View Post
    I always associated Big Foot with the giant Sequoias of California.

And the Yeti with Himalaya mountains.

Are there "other" areas worldwide with similar reports?
    Yep, there are.

Africa has got its own version, with black hair.

And sightings of 'Yeti' are not limited to the Himalayas but go all the way to Siberia.

PS: BFRO = Bigfoot Field Researchers Organization: www.bfro.net
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
    - Charles Darwin

I've been following the Sasquatch saga for a while now. I think the Finding Bigfoot show is excellent for raising the profile of the subject above the tabloid level. However I think the frustrations and limitations of producing a tv show make it unlikely that they will blunder into a Bigfoot. That said the evidence they highlight from ordinary people from the areas they visit is very interesting.

At the moment the big thing's in the Bigfoot world ar Dr Melba Ketchum's peer reviewed DNA study and the Seirra Kills/ Justin Smeja bigfoot shooting.

I would recommend Shawn's blog at http://bigfootevidence.blogspot.com/ to get up to speed on the issues, evidence and unfortunately, ego's in the modern bigfoot world.

I have a friend in Australia that send's me UFO related things and he has also pointed me in the direction of some interesting "Yowie" research.

I've a hard drive bulging with stuff that I'm happy to post if anyone's interested.

Please do. If need be start a new thread.

I agree about the show. I douby very much they will actually run into Bigfoot. But the evidence they present from witnesses is very good. Some of the evidence I agree with, some I don't.

Entertaining to say the least.
    Last edited by Dragonfire; 01-13-2012 at 02:31 PM.
    Sherlock Holmes

What I like about the show is they actually investigate locations of sighting and interview witnesses. What I don't like is the over dramatic, "There's a Squatch in these woods!" reaction to every sound or animal call they hear. I would like to see them go into a investigation with more professional skepticism. I had an encounter with a Bigfoot, I know what they look like and how they react. Therefore I can tell instantly if a potential witness is lying or not, just by the way they describe the creature and the encounter. I've spent many hours in or near wooded area's at night, the sounds play tricks on you. Ever thump, crash or howl is not a Bigfoot!! For instance Bobcats make a call very similiar to a baby crying. If you have never heard one before, you would probably wonder "what the hell was that?" Owls are notorious for various screams and hoots and can be very scary sounding in deep woods at night.
    I agree that several members of the team are way too eager to declare every encounter a Bigfoot. The editing of the show doesn't help either when they try to make drama where there is none. It is the same old tried and true script that you see on all the "Ghost Hunters" shows. Something goes bump, "What the hell was that?!" Had to have been a ghost or a squatch! I mean what else could it have been?
    American by birth, Cherokee by blood and Southern by the Grace of God!