Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BFRO: The show

I know what you mean Redbone. It seems to me that there has been a popular M.O. in shows from the U.S. Something dramatic happens, boom, then cut to the ad break. Then when you return it's no where near as dramatic as the pre-ad hype had portrayed. Ice Road Truckers were good at that. Show a CGI truck cracking through to a watery grave, cut to the ad's and when they come back it would be some minor accident or drama. Keeps you watching though.

LOL, I agree completely Rebone. I have owls around the house all the time. I'm always amazed at the way they "speak" to each other. I have tried to record them, with little to no luck. I also have Coyotes around. They also have a variety of calls/sounds. These all drive my dogs crazy. Really fun to listen to.
    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"
    Sherlock Holmes

On the last episode of 'Finding Bigfoot', Cliff Barackman had a run in with a Barn Owl. At least he made the comment that Owls are often mistaken for Bigfoot because of the sounds they make. I had one scare the crap out of me once. It was pitch black and all I heard was this god awful thrashing and screaming. Then I heard this sound like something extremely big was coming towards me. I ran like hell until I was in a clearing and that is when I finally saw that it was just an Owl carrying a rabbit. In self defense I do have to say that it was a very large Owl

Ranae Holland is the only team member that goes in with the right mindset. She actually tries to debunk the sightings and evidence. Bobo and Matt see Squatch's behind every tree. I would really like to see them take a more serious approach to the show and actually try to find substantial proof. If they spent more time combing the area's of reported sighting then they would have more luck. At least his season they have started leaving one investigator in the Woods while the others go talk to witnesses. Although that is backwards from what they need to do. Why not let one investigator go talk to witnesses and the others stay in the woods searching?

Anyway I will continue to watch, but hey I still watch 'Ghost Hunters' so what does that say about me?
    American by birth, Cherokee by blood and Southern by the Grace of God!

With all the equipment, camera guy's, loud whispering, etc... they will never get what they are looking for. The equipment they wear is somewhat cumbersome. They couldn't keep quiet if their lives depended on it.
    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"
    Sherlock Holmes

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfire View Post
    With all the equipment, camera guy's, loud whispering, etc... they will never get what they are looking for. The equipment they wear is somewhat cumbersome. They couldn't keep quiet if their lives depended on it.
    Last episode: Ranae dons a Gilly suit and climbs a deer stand about 20' feet up a tree. Matt, Bobo and Cliff are carrying torches and making all kinds of noise, hoping to drive a Bigfoot towards Renae. Renae using a FLIR camera is searching the woods as the guys approach. It all looks impressive until you realize there is a camera crew standing at the bottom of the tree filming Renae. Now if I was a Bigfoot who just happened to be in the area knocking wood or something, I would probably give the torch carrying stooges a wide birth....but there is no way I'd pass up a chance to walk up to the camera crew and ask, "Uh whats up doc?" Camera crew, "Be very, very quite!"

Sherlock Holmes

Last Sunday's episode the crew were in Minnesota. The eyewitness reports were very convincing for me since my sighting was during daylight as well. The creature they described is very near what I saw. The tracked ATV was awesome but you have to realize that any Bigfoot would have heard them coming for miles and left the county. Once again I wish they would stop setting themselves up for failure and take a more professional approach.

I think they are following the very successful Ghosthunters model which requires the investigators to jump and say, "What the Hell was that?" every ten minutes or so.

What they really need is an investigator like Kris Williams:

4911551964_3ec359d9be_b.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    I think they are following the very successful Ghosthunters model which requires the investigators to jump and say, "What the Hell was that?" every ten minutes or so.

What they really need is an investigator like Kris Williams:

4911551964_3ec359d9be_b.jpg
    Yeah Doc, she is the main reason I started watching Ghost Hunters and is the reason I watch Ghost Hunters International. Love to watch her...um....investigate. She looks really fine in infrared! Think she would consider joining the Finding Bigfoot crew? At least we would have something interesting to look at.
    Last edited by Redbone; 01-20-2012 at 09:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    Yeah Doc, she is the main reason I started watching Ghost Hunters and is the reason I watch Ghost Hunters International. Love to watch her...um....investigate. She looks really fine in infrared! Think she would consider joining the Finding Bigfoot crew? At least we would have something interesting to look at.
    Kris Williams has learned one of the Great Lessons of Life: When the going gets tough, the tough wear a tank-top.