Page 224 of 271 FirstFirst ... 124174214222223224225226234 ... LastLast
Results 2,231 to 2,240 of 2702

Thread: What we think we know so far

The Iran Vs USA war has kicked off, I am currently following the reports as waves of Iranian ballistic missiles are sent out (2nd wave at time of this message.) US response is moving out.

Quote Originally Posted by pontificator View Post
    The Iran Vs USA war has kicked off, I am currently following the reports as waves of Iranian ballistic missiles are sent out (2nd wave at time of this message.) US response is moving out.
    Yea, its been on the regular news here on the East coast of USA. Now regular programming has resumed. . . Go figure!

Ha! its going to be a very interesting New Year!

Blog Entries
    I cannot help but wonder if the attack (preceiprating event/Death of the General) is politically motivated.
    POTUS (possible diversionary tactic): "Impeachment? Dont' bother me with such trivial matters. I have a war to focus on."
    Let us hope the reason for bloodshed is a valid international threat, and not simply fodder for someone's political agenda.
    The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but
    progress. -- Joseph Joubert
    Attachment 1008

Quote Originally Posted by calikid View Post
    I cannot help but wonder if the attack (preceiprating event/Death of the General) is politically motivated.
    POTUS (possible diversionary tactic): "Impeachment? Dont' bother me with such trivial matters. I have a war to focus on."
    Let us hope the reason for bloodshed is a valid international threat, and not simply fodder for someone's political agenda.
    While I do believe there is a bit of "Wag the Dog" going on here, there is also an apparent desire by Trump to wreak anything Obama worked on.

This is all still developing, I see a passenger jet has now crashed near Tehran, possibly unrelated.
    The Iranians are claiming self-defence under Article 51 of the UN charter. Which, oddly, is correct; targeting a military base involved in the assassination of a head of state.

Blog Entries
    While I do believe there is a bit of "Wag the Dog" going on here, there is also an apparent desire by Trump to wreak anything Obama worked on.

This is all still developing, I see a passenger jet has now crashed near Tehran, possibly unrelated.
    The Iranians are claiming self-defence under Article 51 of the UN charter. Which, oddly, is correct; targeting a military base involved in the assassination of a head of state.
    The passenger jet was shot down by the Iranians.
    Have to give them credit, they manned up and acknowledged a mistake was made
    Sounds like post Iranian missile launch on the US air bases, they were expecting retaliation and fired on the airliner in a case of mistaken identity.
    On the other hand.... I have heard theories that the Ukrainian airliner was full of foreign intelligance types getting out of the country, and that the airliner was intentionally shot down to "eliminate" those foreign agents.
    The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but
    progress. -- Joseph Joubert
    Attachment 1008

The nascent beginnings of biomechanical machines: https://fossbytes.com/scientists-dev...frog-cells-ai/

You can watch the spread of 2019-nCoV (Wuhan Coronavirus) to a reasonable degree of accuracy here: https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/a...23467b48e9ecf6
    I'm expecting students from China this and next week... oh joy.

Scary stuff was hoping it was going to slow down but looks like exponential growth. Pretty much doubling every day. Could be 4.8 million by 7th Feb, 1.2 billion by 14th Feb, total world population by 17th Feb. With an estimated 2.4% death rate that's 186 million dead. Let's hope it stays contained but it always gonna be the poorest countries which suffer the most from something like this. :/

Almost 4 days ago . . .

Quote Originally Posted by epo333 View Post
    Almost 4 days ago . . .

He's certainly picking up now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yV6IEdPc7AY

The Chinese figures are highly inaccurate, due to the rate at which they are cremating the dead, and also don't test the dead to see if they were infected. A common theme I am seeing is that a person who is not tested is not infected... you don't have to be a genius to see that they are panicking. Depending on how all this goes, there are going to be serious repercussions worldwide, the biggest eyeopener will be how everyone treats each other.

An aside, I am being checked more frequently, especially when I am making decisions. My methodology for problem solving seems to be of more interest, where I start complex and then reduce it down to the simplest form possible; effective to efficient.

A ridiculous aside: I have an old bed-sheet which has given up the ghost, it's simply worn out. However, I also realised that about 7 ish years ago a grey ("The Vet") crawled over it. Do you think there is a market, and how much could it potentially be worth?